The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It seems to be working class Pakistanis, I think it is because they come from a culture that views women as being non-independent and worthless then men (a very patriarchal culture that isn't as developed as Western Europe) from my understanding they view non-Pakistani/Muslim girls as justified pickings. Don't blame Islam (I have no problem at all with Islam, and my best friend is a Muslim from Jordan) because I have never heard of Arabs/Iranians/Kurds/Indonesians/Turks and so on involved in this. I agree it happens at a worrying frequency and the government need to stamp down on it, as well as local communities where this occurs. Frankly, whenever I hear about something like this I am surprised when those involved are not Pakistanis, and that is incredible because Pakistanis form like less than 2% of the British population.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Kalb
but it isn't.

OK so I'm a Muslim and you're telling me about Islam. That's rich.
Reply 22
Original post by modini

very much so. i , unlike you, dont have to use taqiah for a start.
Reply 23
'the racism is there, but its racism from people like you and from our authorities, the muslims have turned our socitiey into RACIST regimes: Because the muslims can do what they want, they can commit any crime they like, they can kill, rob and rape their hosts (who had welcomed them into their land), and nothing happens to them. The victims are Europeans, and it is people like you who try to intimidate the population, your desire is they keep their mouth shut, right? :-D How bad for you, that your racist system of intimidation is not working any more :-) People are starting to speak up and the truth comes out about the MULTI-CULTI Nightmare. “Multi-culti” is a Zionist codeword for the DESTRUCTION OF EUROPE. '

That sums up pretty much how I feel.
Reply 24
Original post by Kalb
very much so. i , unlike you, dont have to use taqiah for a start.

Right, so apart from the fact that I just declared that I am Muslim and I tell people I am when they ask, apparently I have to use taqqiya... Do you even know what it means or are you just trolling?
Reply 25
The crime is disgusting, but what is also disgusting is how if a muslim commits a crime, the fact that they are muslim suddenly has something to do with why they did it? Seriously, the worlds muslim population hit the 2 billion mark recently. You can't expect every criminal act commited by a muslim to be motivated by their religion. These people are clearly disobeying Islam.
Reply 26
http://barenakedislam.com/category/women/

A local bookstore has “sold out” of a controversial marriage guide that advises Muslim men on how to beat their wives. The book called ‘A Gift for Muslim Couple’ which was being sold at Islamic Books and Souvenirs on Gerrard St. instructs men about how to punish women and the way to discipline them with restraints, scoldings, and beatings.

'Page 45 contains the rights of the husband, which include his wife’s inability to leave “his house without his permission,” and that his wife must “fulfil his desires” and “not allow herself to be untidy but should beautify herself for him

In terms of physical punishment, the book advises that a husband may scold her, “beat by hand or stick,” withhold money from her or “pull (her) by the ears,” but should “refrain from beating her excessively.”

Moderate Muslim voice Tarek Fatah says the shopkeeper should be charged for selling such a book. “I wouldn’t say it’s hate, but it is inciting men to hit women,” said Fatah, who identified the book’s author as a prominent Islamic scholar.“This is new to you, but the Muslim community knows that this is widespread, that a woman can be beaten. Muslim leaders will deny this. ”'

More apologies? :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Chloe xxx
http://barenakedislam.com/category/women/

A local bookstore has “sold out” of a controversial marriage guide that advises Muslim men on how to beat their wives. The book called ‘A Gift for Muslim Couple’ which was being sold at Islamic Books and Souvenirs on Gerrard St. instructs men about how to punish women and the way to discipline them with restraints, scoldings, and beatings.

'Page 45 contains the rights of the husband, which include his wife’s inability to leave “his house without his permission,” and that his wife must “fulfil his desires” and “not allow herself to be untidy but should beautify herself for him

In terms of physical punishment, the book advises that a husband may scold her, “beat by hand or stick,” withhold money from her or “pull (her) by the ears,” but should “refrain from beating her excessively.”

Moderate Muslim voice Tarek Fatah says the shopkeeper should be charged for selling such a book. “I wouldn’t say it’s hate, but it is inciting men to hit women,” said Fatah, who identified the book’s author as a prominent Islamic scholar. “This is new to you, but the Muslim community knows that this is widespread, that a woman can be beaten. Muslim leaders will deny this. ”'

I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I know a few Arabs and they are Muslims and are very respectful people.
Few months ago a thirteen year old Somali girl was stoned to death in a stadium with 50,000 people watching in conformity with the Quran ordinance (Sharia). Yet the audacity of the Islamic authority is exemplified when it claims that Islam has liberated the woman.

The incident above took place when the parents of the child were absent from home which encouraged their neighbor to take advantage of the situation and raped the girl. Being too young she did not know that she should have not reported the incident to the police. The police according to the Sharia have demanded from the girl to bring 4 witnesses to prove the rape, but, of course, she failed to meet such an impossible demand which lead to her death by stoning. The Sharia uses verse (24-4), which demands clearly 4 witnesses to justify the rape, while (24:13) states very clearly that if the victim could not bring the witnesses, then she is not telling the truth and the punishment is stoning until death!
Original post by modini
Right, so apart from the fact that I just declared that I am Muslim and I tell people I am when they ask, apparently I have to use taqqiya... Do you even know what it means or are you just trolling?

:clap2:
Reply 30
Original post by modini

Just because you're a Muslim doesn't mean you know everything there is about Islam.
Reply 31
nuked
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by modini

no one asked your religion. , saying rape is un islamic is either ignorance or taqiyah.
Reply 33
Original post by Cyanohydrin
I think you are barking up the wrong tree. I know a few Arabs and they are Muslims and are very respectful people.

so now we should be glad not ALL muslims are either rapist, suicide bomber, jihadi, etc etc. nice one.
Reply 34
Well obviously this act has absolutely no excuse but these people cannot be called Muslims because a true Muslim would follow Allah's commandments.
Allah strictly prohibits anything like this.
Reply 35
Original post by GMD
stop hating Islam, just because it forbids what you do for a living; whore.

lol
I think the problem isn't that it's muslims committing the rapes, it's the views they seem to hold against non muslim women and specifically target them for it. There may well be other rapists from different backgrounds, that target girls for a specific reason. But the large number of cases where muslim men commit rape, specifically in non muslim countries appears to be against non muslim girls, like the sex gangs and the 'love jihad' against indians.
How come they only target white girls?
Reply 38
Original post by maleeha95
Well obviously this act has absolutely no excuse but these people cannot be called Muslims because a true Muslim would follow Allah's commandments.
Allah strictly prohibits anything like this.

come on, women are nothing more but sex slaves in most muslim countries.
Reply 39
Original post by Kalb
come on, women are nothing more but sex slaves in most muslim countries.

Shame on you. freak.
Thats what you WANT them to be.:rolleyes: Theyre not.

Latest