The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I've firmed Lanc for Media and Cultural Studies.
Now I have a really hard time choosing what to minor in. I can't decide if I should choose something to contribute to my degree.. like Eng and Creative Writing or Film Studies.. or something that contrasts it. I'm very interested in a Biological or Biomedical degree but I don't think those can be taken as a minor. Ugh, I just can't figure out what courses can be chosen as minors..
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 81
I just firmed too. Gosh, I opened the "reply to your offers" thing on track and literally stared at the page for like an hour. I don't think I will be able to get any sleep tonight, because of all the excitement :biggrin:
Reply 82
Hey all,

I'm firmed for Cell Biology (Bsc) probably choosing Bowland for its cheapness. Although also need to decide if the meal addon is worth it or not. Does anyone know? I was told at interview I would be the oldest on the course at 25. :tongue:
I've Firmed for Politics and International Relations with insurance as Edinburgh. Don't know what to minor in yet, most likely Spanish but how about you other Politics firmers?
Firmed for Linguistics and English Lit a few weeks ago :smile:
Thinking Furness or Pendle accommodation :smile:
just firmed for Biological Sciences! What would a superior en suite get me that a standard wouldn't, and is it worth the extra dollar?
Reply 86
I just firmed for English Literature =) , when do you have to chose minor options?
I firmed ppe! infact ive already got an unconditional offer ! :biggrin: hey but tell me what colleges are for me and what you guys think about the colleges and rooms available. please PM ME!
Reply 88
Original post by Baconsarnie
I've Firmed for Politics and International Relations with insurance as Edinburgh. Don't know what to minor in yet, most likely Spanish but how about you other Politics firmers?

Hiiiyaa!

I've firmed for Politics! :biggrin:
I haven't decided what subjects to choose...Im thinking of Criminology if it's possible...but I still don't know...
Have u applied for accommodation?
Reply 89
Original post by Baconsarnie

Heya! I've firmed Politics and IR as well! Since our major counts as 1, we can choose two minors in 1st year! I'm thinking of doing either 2 languages, or 1 language+ economics.
Reply 90
Original post by jadams94
I just firmed for English Literature =) , when do you have to chose minor options?

Minor options are chosen during Fresher's Week, after department speeches and so on. So you should have some time to mull over it.

As far as the English department goes, there's some interesting new projects stirring here and there for undergraduates, so you should find quite a few opportunities if you come.
Original post by Mandehmorning
Hey!

Just firmed after seeing this thread, I'll be doing BA Geography with a year in North America!
(well, depending on my grades of course!)

Furness is probably my first choice accommodation. but haven't really given much thought to that yet.

Any other geographers around? :smile:

Hey yeah ive just firmed Geography BSC (F800) :P though id like to transfer to the year abroad if they let me :smile:
Firmed BBA Management today! Nobody in this thread doing any business courses yet, be cool to get to know a couple of people, as I live like 5 hours away and nobody I know is living remotely nearby.

Woo can't wait! I need 3 A's and I got one already, so really desperate to well in June.

Lancaster was awesome :smile:.
Firmed History last week, and now I'm so ready to get to Lancaster, it looks amazing! Pendle looks like my choice of accommodation as of yet. :smile:
Reply 94
hey guys! Firmed for psychology, and hopefully grizedale or Pendle ensuite! Hope to make friends with all you like minded Lancaster people x
Reply 95
Original post by PeterOkenla11
I firmed ppe! infact ive already got an unconditional offer ! :biggrin: hey but tell me what colleges are for me and what you guys think about the colleges and rooms available. please PM ME!

im doing psychology :smile: grizedale or pendle college! message me baaaack x
Original post by 04jharrison
Hey yeah ive just firmed Geography BSC (F800) :P though id like to transfer to the year abroad if they let me :smile:

You definitely should look into it! At the open day I was surprised at how few people were doing the year abroad course, it was one of the main reasons I decided to go with Lancaster in the end! Hope you can get a place too :smile:
Firmed for Law :smile:

County town house will be my first choice :biggrin:

SO EXCITED I'm counting down the weeks until move in day! :bl:
Reply 98
Firmed for Geography BSc. Thought I'd leave it til the last day to get 'em worried :P
Thinking Grizedale Standard with washbasin, not sure yet though.
Reply 99
Firmed for European Languages and Management! :smile:

Quick Reply