The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I was given a BMW.
fox_the_fix
Nope :smile:
Just got a driving license, and a Porsche 1987 930 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cars as rewards seem to be common place with the rich kids near me :p:
One guy (for getting into LSE) got and I **** you not ... a 2008 Aston Martin DBS Coupe....

I raged for a while and then thought about how I will just destroy all expensive cars when I create nanobots that eat through everything except Fiat Pandas and Smart ForTwos :biggrin:

I got a combined reward and birthday present which came in the form of a macbook pro (which I contributed some of my savings towards). Already on my way to finishing my first Iphone/Ipad app :eek3:

But yeah a car as a reward would be kl but I don't like the whole reward thing anyway it is very childish in my opinion.
Reply 122
i got a oh well u could have done better and a disappoiting look, oh yeah, btw im asian
PAYG Iphone 4 + £500 Of clothes, Treated myself. :ahee:
Reply 124
My dad gave me some money to get Metropolis the book, David Lynch's short films and Matthew Barney's Cremaster 3. My mum's got me some paper, brushes and stuff for my course but I've bought things for myself as my 'reward'. They didn't have to get me anything but that was nice.
Eccentric
Cars as rewards seem to be common place with the rich kids near me :p:
One guy (for getting into LSE) got and I **** you not ... a 2008 Aston Martin DBS Coupe....

I raged for a while and then thought about how I will just destroy all expensive cars when I create nanobots that eat through everything except Fiat Pandas and Smart ForTwos :biggrin:

I got a combined reward and birthday present which came in the form of a macbook pro (which I contributed some of my savings towards). Already on my way to finishing my first Iphone/Ipad app :eek3:

But yeah a car as a reward would be kl but I don't like the whole reward thing anyway it is very childish in my opinion.

Damn an Aston, my Father owns one and he would kill me if I ever bought one whilst he had his. My parents were very happy to buy me the Porsche, as previously I was driving a 650cc motorbike. They absolutely hated that and didn't speak to my Uncle (who bought it for me) for several months!
Erm, nothing. Well I got some flowers but they're dead now. I also got four years worth of pending debt (a.k.a. a place at university).

Stalin
I was given a BMW.

You should reject it - you're a communist. Reject all physical wealth, give it to me instead. :biggrin:
fox_the_fix
Damn an Aston, my Father owns one and he would kill me if I ever bought one whilst he had his. My parents were very happy to buy me the Porsche, as previously I was driving a 650cc motorbike. They absolutely hated that and didn't speak to my Uncle (who bought it for me) for several months!

Yeah my parents would probably shell out for a car before letting me get a motorcycle, this however only makes me want to have one even more :p:
my grans the only person who rewards me lol
Reply 129
I got three hundred in cash :|

results werent even that good [AAAB at AS]
Going to receive most of my presents next week although I've had the boring celebratory dinners and small gifts already.
I got flowers from my Dad and my great-aunt, which was really sweet.
Reply 132
I got a bit of money from various relatives, and my parents bought me a Leatherman (like a Swiss Army knife, but not) and a torch, 'cause I need them for my uni course.

My sister got a iPod Touch for her GCSE results.
Reply 133
Cicerao
Should do, my well done card had a meerkat on it. Sorry, didn't want to make you feel any more jealous... :mmm:

mine had a fat cat on a bird table on it. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending