The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Oxford Brookes University 2011 Applications.

I've sent off my ucas application at the start of October and have now received 4 offers from universities but not one from Oxford Brookes (the one i REALLY want to go to). I haven't even received any information or email saying they have received my offer yet either and its been about 3 months :frown:

I was just wondering if anybody knows how brookes is working in terms of the applications this year.

Ive applied for a undergraduate course in business and marketing management.

Any information would be great as its really starting to get me worried and put me on edge at the moment :frown::frown:

Scroll to see replies

this is strange actually, I have sent my application like more than a week ago, today I have recieved both a UCAS letter and email form Brookes that they want me for the interview online via Skype. I have applied for urban planning.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Nothing from brookes as of yet, i hope they reply soon i'm kinda on edge too.
Reply 3
I know its horrible, ive literally had nothing from them, not even an email saying that they've received my application or anything, i sent off my application on the 2nd of december! I hope they get in touch soon, its seriously starting to make me stress out far more than i need XD
Reply 4
i havent heard anything from them either!
i have no idea why they are taking so long.. :/
Don't worry you'll hear from them the moment you probably least expect it. Good luck
Original post by RyanAlan1093
I know its horrible, ive literally had nothing from them, not even an email saying that they've received my application or anything, i sent off my application on the 2nd of december! I hope they get in touch soon, its seriously starting to make me stress out far more than i need XD

Thats really no time at all, you sent it on the 2nd, so you have to factor in the fact the uni was closed for 2.5 weeks over the christmas holiday so you have only given them a month if that, as term has not even started yet, i doubt they will be on top of all there applications by now. Just hold tight, these things take time.

You wonder why you stressed over UCAS when other things come in up life.
Reply 7
I sent mine off on the 19th November and last week monday I heard from them asking for an interview, if your really unsure send them an e-mail explaining that you sent off your application and wanted to know if they have received it. The politest way possible of asking them to hurry the hell up!
Good luck!
Original post by Jen_App
I sent mine off on the 19th November and last week monday I heard from them asking for an interview, if your really unsure send them an e-mail explaining that you sent off your application and wanted to know if they have received it. The politest way possible of asking them to hurry the hell up!
Good luck!

To be honest doing this they are only going to reply with the same pre written stuff that they will send to everyone (lots of people will be doing this) even if they do reply if im honest. It is most likely to just say yes we have your application and be patient. They do have alot to go through after all.
Reply 9
Original post by tom_tom_tom
To be honest doing this they are only going to reply with the same pre written stuff that they will send to everyone (lots of people will be doing this) even if they do reply if im honest. It is most likely to just say yes we have your application and be patient. They do have alot to go through after all.

true, if your lucky they'll actually reply stating when they'll get back to you, i did this in my last application and i actually got replies saying when they would update the UCAS track :smile:
Original post by Jen_App
true, if your lucky they'll actually reply stating when they'll get back to you, i did this in my last application and i actually got replies saying when they would update the UCAS track :smile:

Ha Brookes are not known for their organisation in some areas however :rolleyes:

Nothing to lose i guess going to take all of about 5 mins for possible peace of mind. I need to keep on reminding myself i was in this position 2 years ago :p:
Reply 11
Original post by tom_tom_tom
Ha Brookes are not known for their organisation in some areas however :rolleyes:

Nothing to lose i guess going to take all of about 5 mins for possible peace of mind. I need to keep on reminding myself i was in this position 2 years ago :p:

Yup I can tell that Brookes doesn't acquire the exact efficiency as other Uni's! :laugh:
yup nothing much to lose but I guess it does depend on where your applying..
Reply 12
Ive applied around 2 months now, and not even a single word from brookes.
Reply 13
I applied at the start of November, heard nothing for a month then got my 2 offers on the 6th of December. Didn't get any confirmation emails or anything.
I've set up my skype interview on Wensday, not bad tho.
I wonder why it takes so quick with me, should I be worried as it was only 2 weeks and they contact me, and the others are waiting months.? or is it a good sign that they actually consider me for an offer.?
each department does its own applications their way. so that tends to be why there is a delay
It's definitely school and department dependent; you'll find that the School of Health and Social Care are generally very good at keeping in contact, posting things out, paperwork etc. Then again, I'm pretty sure we're one of the smaller schools at Brookes :smile:
Reply 17
I got a visit day invitation today for the 16th March!
Nice to know, I hadn't heard anything from them since UCAS emailed me about my offer. :biggrin:
Hia

Im a student union volunteer and will happily have any questions you have about Brookes.
Original post by Frail
I got a visit day invitation today for the 16th March!
Nice to know, I hadn't heard anything from them since UCAS emailed me about my offer. :biggrin:

Yay great to hear that tho :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest