The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Larynx Pharynx

Unis.pdf
Something I made to collate all the posts in this thread. I think it'd be useful both because it's quite interesting, and it'll let people know who are still waiting roughly where their unis are at. I'll probably update it over time if people care.
Wow, that must have taken you ages!
Reply 181
Original post by 082349
Application sent: 19th September (early!)
Uni: London School of Economics and Political Science
Course: BSc Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection ):
Offer Grades:
Date Offer Received: 3rd November
Reaction: ):

Uni: University of St. Andrews
Course: MA (Hons) Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional (:
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 4th November
Reaction: (:

Contrast the two reactions.

Sorry, really cant understand the "opposite" reaction. Can you explain :confused:
Application sent: 31/10/11
Uni: UEA
Course: Biological Sciences with a yr in Australasia
Decision: Conditional
Offer grades: A*AA
Date offer received: 04/11/11
Reaction: :-) :-) :-) :-) love UEA, love australia (not that i've been :P). Thats my firm!

Application sent: 31/10/11
Uni: UEA
Course: Biological Sciences
Offer grades: ABB
Reaction: :-) :-) :-) :-) as i said, i love UEA. So thats my insurance sorted.

EDIT: whats with the neg? are people really that sour over getting rejections when others get offers?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 183
Unis.pdf
Something I made to collate all the posts in this thread. I think it'd be useful both because it's quite interesting, and it'll let people know who are still waiting roughly where their unis are at. I'll probably update it over time if people care.

jeeeeeez, nicely done - thank you so much for doing this for doing this :smile:
Got my first offer yesterday and got my second one tonight :biggrin:

Application sent: 07/10/2011
Uni: Oxford Brookes
Course: Accounting and Finance
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Unconditional
Date Offer Received: 04/11/2011

Oxford Brookes is probably my last choice but it's nice to know I will definately have something to do next year no matter what happens :P if I get no other unconditionals it'll probably be my insurance, though I'm hoping for an unconditional from Northumbria too.
Unis.pdf

This is a great file! I care very much. Looks like the three uni's I'm now waiting for replies from haven't given out any offers yet so I'm expecting a long wait.
Application sent: 10/10/11
Uni: University of Warwick
Course: Mathematics (G103)
Offer grades: A*(M)A(FM)A + 1 in STEP/A*(M)A*(FM)A + 2 in STEP/AEA Distinction
Reaction: :biggrin: Warwick is my second choice after Cambridge. I'm confident I'll meet my offer, so really pleased :smile: Will be a lot less stressed now about Cambridge interview.
Reply 187
Original post by stifa
I actually wonder why my offer from Manchester was conditional; My English grades should have been sufficient according to their entry requirements.

I am hesitant about contacting them though, because I do like holding the offer, and I believe that I will meet the conditions.

Have you been studying in an English medium school? Did you try asking them as to why they have this condition when your English grades meets their entry requirements?

When are you taking the IELTS? How many times is it held in a month and are retakes allowed till one meets the university condition?
Application Sent: 21/10/11
University: University of Nottingham
Course: Physics
Decision: Conditional Offer
Offer Grades: To be confirmed after Visit Day
Date Offer Received: 05/11/2011
Reaction: I shouted "YES" when I got the letter saying that they're going to give me an offer! Just waiting for the visit day now to confirm the offer grades and details! Nottingham is one of my top choices too!
Reply 189
Original post by mpc1
Have you been studying in an English medium school? Did you try asking them as to why they have this condition when your English grades meets their entry requirements?

When are you taking the IELTS? How many times is it held in a month and are retakes allowed till one meets the university condition?

No, I didn't hear about the existence of IB until May this year, thus it was a bit late; also, I don't live near a school offering that course. I actually sent them an email two days ago, asking about that and the fee assessment form.

I'm taking the IELTS in December, but I am also able to take it in January. I have applied for using visual aids (word processor on the writing part, etc.) and I haven't heard back from them yet; if they don't let me use that, I'm screwed, thus I'd like to have a few unconditional offers as well.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 190
Original post by DarwinsDevotee
They must have liked you a lot! Do you have amazing predicted grades/good work experience?

I'm awaiting a decision from them on their animal behaviour degree, also at the cornwall campus..

Congrats on a brilliant offer!

Erm had 3 A's for predicted, but I have done tonnes of voluntary work experience with animals for my Vet Application so that probably helped! :biggrin: and thank you :P :smile:
I sent my UCAS off the other day, 26 hours later got an offer from Derby, very happy over that as it is one of my top choices!
Of course I now want MORE!
Original post by FallenMan
I sent my UCAS off the other day, 26 hours later got an offer from Derby, very happy over that as it is one of my top choices!
Of course I now want MORE!

that is very quick! my first one wasn't until 10 days, but congrats on your offer etc

the first offer is always the most important, after that it's kinda not as important as you'll not be the person who gets 0 offers
Original post by 082349
Uni: London School of Economics and Political Science
Course: BSc Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Rejection ):
Offer Grades:
Date Offer Received: 3rd November
Reaction: ):

Uni: University of St. Andrews
Course: MA (Hons) Social Anthropology
Decision [Offer/Rejection]: Conditional (:
Offer Grades: AAB
Date Offer Received: 4th November
Reaction: (:

Contrast the two reactions.

im so jealous of your st andrews offer!!! gah:frown: my ucas is prob going in next week, and im hoping because i already have my grades ill get an offer soon:colondollar:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 194
Original post by maxcartwright
im so jealous of your st andrews offer!!! gah:frown: my ucas is prob going in next week, and im hoping because i already have my grades ill get an offer soon:colondollar:

Are you referring to the offer grades or that I have an offer?

All the best with your application!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by 082349
Are you referring to the offer grades or that I have an offer?

All the best with your application!

both:smile:
Adult Nursing

- Leeds Met
- Bradford
- Salford
- Liverpool John Moors
- Wolverhampton

My UCAS application was sent on Monday - my fate lies in the hands of the admissions gods!!
I got my fourth offer (details in sig.) on Thursday so I'm just waiting on Cambridge to reply now! :eek3:

If I miss out on Cambridge, I'll probably put York as my firm and one of the Nottingham courses as my insurance. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Unis.pdf

This is fantastic! So worth updating! :smile:
My best friend has an offer from Royal Holloway and Exeter to study Psychology, crazily jealous :wink:
Original post by PatrickD
I got my fourth offer (details in sig.) on Thursday so I'm just waiting on Cambridge now! :eek3:

If I miss out on Cambridge, I'll probably put York as my firm and one of the Nottingham courses as my insurance. :smile:

Yay, well done! I would have liked this but TSR says I've reached my limit today already.... ooerr.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending