The Student Room Group

UCAS 2012 - Discuss your decisions **here**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
Just firmed Durham and insurance is Leeds :smile:
Hello,
I have received 1 offer and 4 rejections.
I'm having a tough time deciding.

Help?:redface:
Original post by ugk4life
hi guys.

basically I'm deciding between Manchester and Southampton for economics.
I'm confused which to firm as Southampton seems to be higher in all the tables and rankings but Manchester seems to have a better reputation on the whole.

can anyone give me some advice as to which uni has better graduate prospects?

any help much appreciated.

I don't think there is much difference between Manchester and Southampton in terms of reputation so just go with what you think is best for you.:smile:
Original post by localfox1000
Hello,
I have received 1 offer and 4 rejections.
I'm having a tough time deciding.

Help?:redface:

Do you mean 4 offers and one rejection because you don't really have much to decide from if you have only have one offer.:tongue:
Reply 864
Got three offers, 2 for pharmacy, 1 for marine biology.

I'm probably going to go for pharmacy, and i'm torn between Strathclyde and RGU. But the idea of marine biology is tempting too, even though it has less secure job prospects etc, I think it's the romanticism of the subject...

I don't know what to do!
I just firmed Aberdeen and I'm feeling so relieved. Good luck with all your choices.
Reply 866
Original post by Deep456
You need to do atleast 2 A-levels. If you do 3, you need to get CCC. If you do 2, BBc (2 Bs at A-level and a C at AS).

Any additional ASs also count as points.

A*=140 points
A=120points
B=100 Points
C=80 Points
D= 60 points

That is for A-level.

Edit: Seriously, I get neg reputation for helping someone?

You were getting negged because you were doing it on the decision thread, which isn't for discussion. This is the thread for discussion.
birmingham university, astrophysics need 3 A's or 1 A*+2 A's .... :smile:
Original post by pepeeglesfield
birmingham university, astrophysics need 3 A's or 1 A*+2 A's .... :smile:

I'm sorry, do you have an actual question? :smile:
Original post by oxymoronic
I'm sorry, do you have an actual question? :smile:

not really just seeing what people want to do at uni and what they need to get :smile:
Original post by pepeeglesfield

not really just seeing what people want to do at uni and what they need to get :smile:

Ok, well in that case the thread I've just moved you into is applicable for your needs as is this one.
Still unsure on whether to go to The University of Birmingham or The University of Leicester for a 3 year course Law LLB. In such a dillema, i dont want to make the wrong decision. What would you a do if you were me?
Original post by oxymoronic
Ok, well in that case the thread I've just moved you into is applicable for your needs as is this one.

cheers :biggrin:
Original post by Pfefferminze
I just firmed Aberdeen and I'm feeling so relieved. Good luck with all your choices.

Mind me asking what you firmed for aberdeen? i just insured it for History & Politics :biggrin:
Reply 874
I want UCL to update my course so I can firm them. Hurry up! :tongue:

Does anyone here study at the SSEES?
UCL or Imperial for Biomedical Sciences?
Reply 876
Original post by Manisha93
Still unsure on whether to go to The University of Birmingham or The University of Leicester for a 3 year course Law LLB. In such a dillema, i dont want to make the wrong decision. What would you a do if you were me?

I'd go for Birmingham. It has a great rep for Law and as a Uni on the whole being in the Russell Group. Birmingham is also a brilliant city with amazing night life. Go Birmingham!
Original post by Bea492
I'd go for Birmingham. It has a great rep for Law and as a Uni on the whole being in the Russell Group. Birmingham is also a brilliant city with amazing night life. Go Birmingham!

I am so confused, the same can be said for Leicester and they beat Birmingham in all the league tables I have seen but hmmm :/
LSE vs Warwick for sociology?
Reply 879
Original post by alexsasg
LSE vs Warwick for sociology?

LSE!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending