The Student Room Group

How's your revision progress ?

April-June will always be the worst months of a year because it's exam season.

I have about 4 weeks till my final.

How's everyone's revision progress so far ?

Scroll to see replies

Non-existent
Reply 2
well my first of 7 maths exams starts in 1 month and 1 day and I have been procrastinating for the entire Easter holidays .... so that taken into account AWESOME :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by The Hedonist
Non-existent

I was about to put the exact same thing :tongue:
Reply 4
revising but not seeming to get far...
7 exams, all essay subjects...yay :cry2:
Reply 5
Original post by foodnom
revising but not seeming to get far...
7 exams, all essay subjects...yay :cry2:

Got exactly same amount of exams and type too. God help us LOL & good luck :cheers:
Reply 6
I've read through everything I did during the term now. However at holiday stage that consists of reading through notes in front of the TV, armed with a laptop and copious amounts of distracting food, and generally paying very little attention to anything. It's awesome.
University, year 1, and skipping about 40-50% of content (some more than others up to 80-85%) due to lack of lectures, and starting 10 days ago. Thankfully, we have 6 options of questions, and we have to choose 4.

So basically, i'm just learning enough to answer those 4 questions so that way I can 'potentially' still get 100% in all exams, but it'll be enough to pass with 40-50% into Year 2.

I just learnt an entire module, one entire exam, out of my 6, in 40 minutes. By this ofcourse I mean I skipped 85% of the content, learnt 3 topics, and after looking at the past few exam papers, the only questions that seem to be asked are these 3 topics, so by learning only this, yes i'm taking a risk going into the exam, but hopefully if these 3 questions come up, i'll top the class just because all I did was focus on these :laugh:
Reply 8
Anybody have any tips for how to revise for AS levels (and aim for As) with such little time to spare?? First exam is on 14th (BIOL1) and I am definitely not prepared :/
Reply 9
I've gotten to the point where I've just given up. Everytime I open my textbook I just want to jump out the window. I hope I find some motivation and soon.
I've been trying but nothing much is actually sticking in my head right now. Just gotta keep going!
Reply 11
haven revised nothiingg! i always say im gettin serious but never do. il prbs end up doing all nighters closer to the exams!
Original post by -Someone-Like-You-
University, year 1, and skipping about 40-50% of content (some more than others up to 80-85%) due to lack of lectures, and starting 10 days ago. Thankfully, we have 6 options of questions, and we have to choose 4.

So basically, i'm just learning enough to answer those 4 questions so that way I can 'potentially' still get 100% in all exams, but it'll be enough to pass with 40-50% into Year 2.

I just learnt an entire module, one entire exam, out of my 6, in 40 minutes. By this ofcourse I mean I skipped 85% of the content, learnt 3 topics, and after looking at the past few exam papers, the only questions that seem to be asked are these 3 topics, so by learning only this, yes i'm taking a risk going into the exam, but hopefully if these 3 questions come up, i'll top the class just because all I did was focus on these :laugh:

The joys of university exams eh? If you don't know a topic well enough you can choose from a selection :biggrin:

I hope revisions' going well for all. I know mines not :wink2:
I have less than 4 weeks until my first exam. :frown:
I crap myself when i think about it,
I've done nowhere near enough revision..
I can scrap my dream of wanting to study Medicine!
:afraid:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by LeaX
I've gotten to the point where I've just given up. Everytime I open my textbook I just want to jump out the window. I hope I find some motivation and soon.

i know exactly what you mean :frown:
Umm.....I'm slowly getting there.
Reply 16
Original post by a rusH
Anybody have any tips for how to revise for AS levels (and aim for As) with such little time to spare?? First exam is on 14th (BIOL1) and I am definitely not prepared :/

This is me. I've practically finished unit 1, hoping to do unit 2 tomorrow. D:

Now on to unit 2 Chemistry. :facepalm:

So basically, I will have no time to do any Maths./F.M. revision and so will have to somehow cram all of Bio. and Chem. into the next two days before Tuesday, whilst doing all my homework. SIGH

And so, when I hand in shoddy past papers and have bad unit 2 mocks, I will get shouted at ALL. OVER. AGAIN. GRAWR.

Can't believe they're in less than a month. :frown:(((
(edited 11 years ago)
Started yesterday. Today has been sabotaged. The rest of today and from now on will be the business.
Unless you don't actually comprehend the stuff you need to know AT ALL, it's do-able.
Do this:

-Accept that sleep and fun are not priorities anymore for this short period of time. Stay up late/wake up super early (late works for me), stock up on caffeine supplies of your choice (coffee and coke zero for me) and/or sweets and chocolate.

-Don't worry about your other goals now. Your 'bikini body' or looking like the hulk or applying for jobs or pursuing your heart's desire or your spots or ANYTHING apart from exams doesn't matter during this period. Nothing else matters but these exams, focus on NOTHING else. Your life is your books now. Don't even go out with your friends, they'll understand and are probably cramming just as much as you; the annoying organised ones can be go lonely clubbing, serves them right.

-FOCUS your revision. This especially applies to uni exams, it's amazing how little you can get away with learning and still get a good mark. Be tactful and suss out the past papers, then study those bits first. If you have time, obviously go that bit further to get higher marks.

-Stress yourself out just enough to build up motivation and adrenaline, but not so much that you freak out completely (remember, it's not actually the end of the world if you don't do well, there are always second chances/alternatives)

WE CAN DO IT
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by a rusH

Past papers.. memorise mark schemes, make sure all the past questions are similar, for my subjects I just literally spat the mark schemes back out, and it is possible to get full marks in the exams!
No progress whatsoever D:

Quick Reply