The Student Room Group

Medicine Freshers 2012 Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CraigKirk
If that's the case, then hopefully those who were offended would consider that being able to stay at home via that loophole greatly improved my chances of getting into medical school, and closer to reaching my dreams. Anyone who really cared about getting into medicine should know that there's no opportunity that they'd turn down. Ah well, water under the bridge now. I thought I'd offended you at first, tbh. :redface: I'm glad I didn't! :smile:

Well said and fair enough :yep: When people neg like that they should really explain why tbh. Haha no you didn't! :nah:
Reply 281
For the people who are going to be studying medicine, what gcse grades did you get?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Hmm, well I don't really know about your situation, but good luck to you too! And thanks. I'm still unsure what I said wrong... Does it relate to your situation?

I've not really known you long, and can tell you do a lot of good work in the 2 days or so we've been in direct contact, so I'd like to extend my congratulations to you too. :yy: :woo:

Thank you :smile:

I'll be in touch with you tomorrow, a bit inebriated at the moment so refraining from making decisions :tongue:

Original post by ViceVersa
LOL :h:

Spoiler

Excellent!

I'll be sure to make use of you on your gap year then :tongue:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Excellent!

I'll be sure to make use of you on your gap year then :tongue:

Haha can't wait :h:
Original post by Sara_A
For the people who are going to be studying medicine, what gcse grades did you get?

5A*'s 5As 3B's 1C :smile: Go to the Applicant and Profiles wiki page and the Stalking Page for 2012 entry and you'll see tons of stats there!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sara_A

11A's 2B's 1C

And I'm about to start second year... I just spam ALL the chat threads :tongue:
Reply 286
Since some people who are posting here aren't exactly freshers... I might as well throw in my GCSEs too :smile:

7A*s, 2As, 2Bs

My applicant profile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=37409653#post37409653
:colone: :colone:

Thank you! :h:

Oh and forgot to say, well done PSQ! Obviously deserved, honestly dunno how you do it.

You and PSQ are becoming deities of the medical forums :adore:

Original post by Sara_A

8.5A* 2A 0.5B :smile:
Original post by manic_fuzz

Gahhh, so sweet thanks :colondollar:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

That's fair enough, it would be nice if you could stay around and maybe take part next year :yep:

Ha, I didn't mean to embarrass you! It's just you're always floating about the forum helping people out and doing various other tasks. :yep:

I hope to stick around until then. There only seems to be a few Aberdeen medics on here so I plan to help them out on the applicants' thread.
If that's the case, then hopefully those who were offended would consider that being able to stay at home via that loophole greatly improved my chances of getting into medical school, and closer to reaching my dreams. Anyone who really cared about getting into medicine should know that there's no opportunity that they'd turn down. Ah well, water under the bridge now. I thought I'd offended you at first, tbh. :redface: I'm glad I didn't! :smile:

Ditto

Don't worry about the negs, you know you made the right choice and well done for getting in.
Original post by Long Time Coming
Ditto

Don't worry about the negs, you know you made the right choice and well done for getting in.

Meh he's got 5 people that have repped him now. Problem solved! :biggrin:
Ditto

Thank you! Are you a medic fresher too? If so, where? I can't see your name in the first post.

It's really confusing how's reputation works on TSR. You can get neg-repped for the most innocent things... And now I've been rescued by other people, for which I'm grateful. :biggrin: Bit as you say, over and done with. Seems I came out better for it, somehow! :tongue:

It's not just about reps, they mean nothing in the real world. It's just sad that some people don't understand why he had to do what he did and start judging.
Thank you! Are you a medic fresher too? If so, where? I can't see your name in the first post.

Aye. Southampton. The first post isn't updated; I think there were a few others whose names weren't on there.
It's not just about reps, they mean nothing in the real world. It's just sad that some people don't understand why he had to do what he did and start judging.

Wasn't the point I was trying to make exactly. I was more trying to say there are 5 people who think the 2 people who negged are ridiculous and disagree with the post being offensive etc.

In this post I also mention the need for people who neg to explain why they did. :smile:
Wasn't the point I was trying to make exactly. I was more trying to say there are 5 people who think the 2 people who negged are ridiculous and disagree with the post being offensive etc.

In this post I also mention the need for people who neg to explain why they did. :smile:

Fair enough.

How come you deferred?
How come you deferred?

I explain so in this post. :tongue:
I explain so in this post. :tongue:

You're really good at linking your old posts, aren't you! :P

Aha, I see. Gap years with unconditional offers are great I've heard. I hope you do "find yourself" and good luck. :biggrin:
You're really good at linking your old posts, aren't you! :P

Aha, I see. Gap years with unconditional offers are great I've heard. I hope you do "find yourself" and good luck. :biggrin:

Haha yes it's become a welcome habit :tongue:

Yeah it feels good :biggrin: haha you make me feel like I sound like Ethan from Season 1 90120 (you probably don't what I'm talking about :redface:) :redface: but anyway thank you! :h:
Original post by manic_fuzz

8.5A* 2A 0.5B :smile:

Oh I like that :colone:

Spoiler

Original post by CocaineSquirrel
Ha, I didn't mean to embarrass you! It's just you're always floating about the forum helping people out and doing various other tasks. :yep:

I hope to stick around until then. There only seems to be a few Aberdeen medics on here so I plan to help them out on the applicants' thread.

Excellent, didn't realise you were an Aberdeen fresher.. you should have plenty of fun up there :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending