The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by shafici
Hey i got into Lsop this year so im in my first year, although i didnt apply for medicine, i know people who did and got in. This is because it depends on your interview, because at lsop they dnt discriminate against med applicants, but it depends how you respond to the questions at the interview and show adequate interest in pharmacy youll be fine. Also if you dont do well in the interview for whatever reason you get a second chance with the dean so dont worry! for now focus on your medicine application and worry about lsop when you get an interview

Thank you for the advice! :smile:

Hmm do you think it's easier to get into Bath, LSOP or UEA? Cos I read on a few other TSR threads that these schools have accepted med applicants. In particular, some applicants have received offers from Bath and UEA even with a med personal statement :O The structure of the pharmacy courses at Bath and UEA seem to have a greater emphasis on human physiology (especially at Bath) as compared to LSOP. Do you guys have any comments on this?

How's the school culture at LSOP? :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 181
Original post by whitelily29
Yay! Fellow Singaporean (: Ahhh NUSHS, where I considered going after PSLE. Hee. I'm one year older than you I think. Cause I took a gap year.

Yupp, I'm on that scholarship (: I picked Manchester, Nottingham and Kings. Haven't thought about adding a 5th choice >.<

Haha ohh I see. Yup I'm in my final year now, will be graduating in November! All the best for your uni apps :biggrin: Hope you get into LSOP!

Hmm do you know roughly how many MOHHS scholarships do they offer for pharmacy applicants? I heard that Bath and UEA are pretty good. Hope you manage to decide on your last choice soon :biggrin:
Original post by mosaic02
Haha ohh I see. Yup I'm in my final year now, will be graduating in November! All the best for your uni apps :biggrin: Hope you get into LSOP!

Hmm do you know roughly how many MOHHS scholarships do they offer for pharmacy applicants? I heard that Bath and UEA are pretty good. Hope you manage to decide on your last choice soon :biggrin:

(: I hope I get in too! Haha! They offer about 20+ to 30? That includes the MOH PSC pharm scholarships too.
Yupp, heard about UEA too.
Hello to the 2 fellow Singaporeans! I intend to study pharmacy in the UK too! my senior got the MOH scholarship, she went to King's to study pharmacy.
Original post by mandarinorange
Hello to the 2 fellow Singaporeans! I intend to study pharmacy in the UK too! my senior got the MOH scholarship, she went to King's to study pharmacy.

If she got the scholarship this year, I may have met her. Haha! (: Where do you plan to apply to?
Original post by whitelily29
If she got the scholarship this year, I may have met her. Haha! (: Where do you plan to apply to?

yes she just started school, so it should be this year! i plan to apply to ucl, nottingham, manchester, king's and reading or maybe aston. haha im not really sure about the 4th and 5th choice. are u confirmed going to lsop next year?
Original post by mandarinorange
yes she just started school, so it should be this year! i plan to apply to ucl, nottingham, manchester, king's and reading or maybe aston. haha im not really sure about the 4th and 5th choice. are u confirmed going to lsop next year?

What's she called?
UCL doesn't have a pharmacy course, unless you consider LSoP. Nah, I haven't submitted my application yet. But I'm applying to almost the same schools as you! I was thinking LSoP, nottingham, manchester and king's. (: But my first choice is still LSoP.
Reply 187
hey, i'm considering pharmacy and for my AS subjects i got AAA chem,bio,maths, also i did AL maths and i got B but i'm resitting it this november.

i'm thinking about LSOP, but i don't know what to put for my other choices. thanks
Original post by GE007
hey, i'm considering pharmacy and for my AS subjects i got AAA chem,bio,maths, also i did AL maths and i got B but i'm resitting it this november.

i'm thinking about LSOP, but i don't know what to put for my other choices. thanks

I'm actually pretty confused about the whole AS level thing. Hehhh. Well, I would recommend Nottingham, cause it's pretty much one of the best Pharmacy unis in UK. I chose King's and Manchester too.
Original post by charb16
GCSE's
Physics - A
Chem - A
Bio - A
Maths - A*
Geog - A
French - A
Business - A
Statistics - A
Eng Lit - A
Eng Lang - A

GCSE short course
R.S - A
Sport - A

A.S Levels
Biology - B
Maths - B
Chem - C

Do you think i could still apply to pharmacy with these grades? I think my AS levels let me down quite a bit, especially chemisry but i'm looking at re-sitting this in January.

If you're willing to trek all the way up to Aberdeen, you could get into Robert Gordon's with those grades (last time I checked anyway). :lol: Not much help, I know.
Reply 190
Original post by hazelsaurus
i'm so screwed. i applied last year but missed the grades so i'm applying again this year and i feel it's unlikely i'll get an A and applying again doesn't look good, i feel pretty sick thinking about it.

Hi I didnt apply last year but I'm applying this year whilst taking a gap year and resitting

Do you mind me asking what grades you got? I find it hard as well because me tutor refuses to help me and I have no idea how to do my personal statement, I have no work experience and there's nobody to help

R u doing any retakes?
Does anyone know anything about the aptitude test for Pharmacy? I know that at least 2 of the 5 universities i'm applying to (Liverpool, Huddersfield) require this to be taken. Does anyone know what the test is actually called and when is the test taken ?
Original post by charb16
Does anyone know anything about the aptitude test for Pharmacy? I know that at least 2 of the 5 universities i'm applying to (Liverpool, Huddersfield) require this to be taken. Does anyone know what the test is actually called and when is the test taken ?

There's an aptitude test for pharmacy??! :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Awkward.
Reply 193
I'm applying to manchester, liverpool john moore, uclan, bradford....im not sure about my lest choice!
And also i gott CCC, but i'm predicted ABB, but as i'm applying to manchester as 1st choice, they will lower my offer to BBB/BBC as i had done the manchester access programme! Have to work hard though this year!
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
There's an aptitude test for pharmacy??! :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Awkward.

I'm afraid so. For some universities anyway.
Reply 195
Original post by charb16
I'm afraid so. For some universities anyway.

Im applying for kingston, is there an aptitude test for that do u think?

im like really stressed already lol, dont need another thing on ma plate lol

thanks in advance:smile:
hey everyone :smile: when are you all thinking of getting your applications in for? my personal statements about done, but i've still got a few more open days to go to and i'm a bit nervous about leaving applying too late! :P i got AAAB for AS in chem bio psychology and maths :smile:
There is no aplitude test for pharamcy, just a maths or english exam LOL...Why u guys stressin, just work hard at A-levels "NOW" then you'll be sorted. Interviews are easy
Reply 198
Anyone here applying to Queens Belfast or the University of Ulster? Also what is the situation with applying to Scotland for Pharmacy, I dont see any of the Scottish Universities on the Ucas website.
Original post by taunt
Im applying for kingston, is there an aptitude test for that do u think?

im like really stressed already lol, dont need another thing on ma plate lol

thanks in advance:smile:

I'm considering Kingston, as far as i know though there is no aptitude test, it doesn't say so on the website anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest