The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA1 23rd May 2012!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to make this thread nice and early for the exam which is on Wednesday 23rd May 2012 at 9:00am.

You can also find threads for the other Psychology AQA A topics here:
PSYA2
PSYA3
PSYA4

Thank you to Heyimdec for the PSYA4 topic! :smile:

If anyone has any revision notes uploaded and would like to share them then let me know and I'll add the links to them in this post! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Totally dreading this exam, started revising already! any help would be appreciated! haha :smile:
Reply 2
I need to start revision for this really....totally dreading it too! I got a C for january which isn't what i wanted so i need to do a lot better on this one :/
Reply 3
I havent even gone over the topics. fml
Reply 4
I'm resitting this too
Haven't even started revising yet :/
Reply 5
Neither have we....we have half of daycare to do and a bit of research methods i think :/
Reply 6
First time doing this exam - nearly finished memory. Wasn't bad could definitely have been worse. Attachment next. Woop woop.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
do you think for revision i could just do like exam papers but open book, then check the mark scheme after because it really does help that way and i could get th examiners like way of answering, or do you think this is a bad way to revise.
Reply 8
Original post by Nae.divine
do you think for revision i could just do like exam papers but open book, then check the mark scheme after because it really does help that way and i could get th examiners like way of answering, or do you think this is a bad way to revise.

I know alot of people who do that method. personally I dont. I did Home Economics and went up 3 grades by paying closer attention to the mark schemes ie I didnt look at the mark schemes just learned my notes the first time. might be worth it.
Reply 9
Just did the mock for this today....wasn't too bad :smile:
Reply 10
I'm doing this exam.
I hate Psychology with a passion and I'm dropping it next year but I still want a decent pass :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by Alotties
I'm doing this exam.
I hate Psychology with a passion and I'm dropping it next year but I still want a decent pass :tongue:

I hate it too and had no reason except initial interest and I already have 7ASs lol

Do you know was it Clark et al the researchers for context dependent forgetting?
This thread seems so quiet in comparison to the other PSYCHA threads! How is everyone doing? 3 weeks & 2 days left until this exam. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by AwkwardPenguin
This thread seems so quiet in comparison to the other PSYCHA threads! How is everyone doing? 3 weeks & 2 days left until this exam. :smile:

I'm doing okay xD Covered most of memory now :smile:
This exam is on the same day as my Unit 2 Chemistry... exams hate me! :frown:
I'm doing okay xD Covered most of memory now :smile:
This exam is on the same day as my Unit 2 Chemistry... exams hate me! :frown:

Ah no that sucks. :/ I'm sure you'll still do well though! Just try not to panic about it too much! :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by AwkwardPenguin
Ah no that sucks. :/ I'm sure you'll still do well though! Just try not to panic about it too much! :smile:

Hahaha, I barely sleep at night panicking about all my exams xD
I've never actually actively revised before but after not doing as well as I wanted in Jan I decided it's time to start revising and it's stressing me out :tongue:
How's your revision going?
Reply 16
I need some revision tips my exam is so close and i still dont know what technique is best for me :confused:
Any ideas
Hahaha, I barely sleep at night panicking about all my exams xD
I've never actually actively revised before but after not doing as well as I wanted in Jan I decided it's time to start revising and it's stressing me out :tongue:
How's your revision going?

Nooo don't panic. Honestly everyone gets less than they should in Jan of year 12 because everyone turns up to GCSE's having done basically no revision but still gets good grades, so when it comes to AS everyone thinks they can do the same. I know loads of people that came out with 4/5 A's that got D-U's in the Jan. Don't get stressed about it you'll be fine. :smile:

And not bad thanks though it would be going better if I didn't get as easily distracted haha. :smile:

Original post by Iman121
I need some revision tips my exam is so close and i still dont know what technique is best for me :confused:
Any ideas

There are lots of different things you can try. Best way is to use each of them then test yourself on the section you've used them for. The method that helped you remember the most is the one you should use. It's also a good idea to use it alongside another couple of methods that worked pretty well for you. :smile:

Things you could try includes:

- Making notes
- Using flashcards / post it notes for key details/words
- Reading it aloud to yourself
- Recording yourself and then putting it on your iPod and playing it back to yourself
- Doing the summery questions from your textbook, making your own and doing past papers.

That's just a few I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure other people will have some too. :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Samsung Galaxy Ace x
Reply 18
Thnx i tried the 1st 3 n sum others but thnx i will use sum of ur other tips thnx
:ta:
Reply 19
I got a C in the mock....bit disappointed because i thought it went better, but made some stupid mistakes :smile: My teacher thinks the essay might be on Day care, only from looking at past question, etc. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending