The Student Room Group

OCR English AS F662: What counts as a quote?

I'm doing my coursework and I'm trying to count my quotes for word count. However if you use a quote and reuse a specific word again from that quote, does that count as another word for quote count?
E.g. "English confuses me" and I explained or reused the word "confuses" either as a reoccuring theme or connotations etc. Would I recount "confuses" again as I re used it?

Thank you
Reply 1
On the OCR specification, it clearly states that quotes are not included in the word count.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/sm/ocr_13291_sm_gce_unit_f662_cg.pdf

Look at page 23, sub-heading Quotations.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Pindaaa
On the OCR specification, it clearly states that quotes are not included in the word count.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/sm/ocr_13291_sm_gce_unit_f662_cg.pdf

Look at page 23, sub-heading Quotations.

Hope this helps!

Presumably why the question is being asked? As whether or not they're included is a separate question to what a quote is.

I've no experience of OCR exams but it would seem very strange if reuse of the word was counted as a quote.
Reply 3
Original post by Norton1
Presumably why the question is being asked? As whether or not they're included is a separate question to what a quote is.

I've no experience of OCR exams but it would seem very strange if reuse of the word was counted as a quote.

Basically, anything that is taken directly from the novel/play/text/poem should be quoted. So if the OP did reuse confuses, he/she would have to show that it has been quoted.

But the OP was asking whether they would have to recount the word, and that is why I mentioned that quotes are not included into the word count as quotes are not counted anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by Pindaaa
Basically, anything that is taken directly from the novel/play/text/poem should be quoted. So if the OP did reuse confuses, he/she would have to show that it has been quoted.

But the OP was asking whether they would have to recount the word, and that is why I mentioned that quotes are not included into the word count as quotes are not counted anyway.

Thanks, I will count it as a quote. Since I frequently use this particular word from the quote to answer the coursework question.
Reply 5
Can I count characters' names and the author's name as quotes?
Reply 6
Original post by JEFFERSON
Can I count characters' names and the author's name as quotes?

I haven't as names aren't specific quote from the text. However you could ask your teacher just to make sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending