The Student Room Group

AQA Law A-level Unit 4- Concepts of Law

Hey i was wondering if anybody knew what the concepts of law questions were in January of this year? I'm doing law and morality, law and judicial creativity and law and justice, i know all three came up in June last year, just wanted to make my revision easier by outruling the January question?
Reply 1
Original post by HMac94
Hey i was wondering if anybody knew what the concepts of law questions were in January of this year? I'm doing law and morality, law and judicial creativity and law and justice, i know all three came up in June last year, just wanted to make my revision easier by outruling the January question?

There are no january papers. There are only june papers as they think you wont be able to answer the concepts of law until you've learnt everything. I'm doing fault instead of creativity because i think creativity has come up twice in the only 2 papers of the syllabus.
Reply 2
Original post by ellie3
There are no january papers. There are only june papers as they think you wont be able to answer the concepts of law until you've learnt everything. I'm doing fault instead of creativity because i think creativity has come up twice in the only 2 papers of the syllabus.

Yeah, i realised that after i had looked on the AQA website. I've looked and both judicial creativity and justice have come up twice, morals only once, just have to revise them all to be safe but thanks anyway.
Reply 3
You only need to revise 3. That way there will be 1 that you have learnt and can answer. I personally think Balancing Conflicts will come up (80% sure) because it has not come up on either of the two papers. Fault and Law & morals have come up once each so one of them might come up again.

I am doing Law and Justice, Judicial creativity and Fault. I dont like Balancing Conflicts eventho it will most likely come up.
Reply 4
Original post by govarkarim
You only need to revise 3. That way there will be 1 that you have learnt and can answer. I personally think Balancing Conflicts will come up (80% sure) because it has not come up on either of the two papers. Fault and Law & morals have come up once each so one of them might come up again.

I am doing Law and Justice, Judicial creativity and Fault. I dont like Balancing Conflicts eventho it will most likely come up.

Yeah, i realised this. I've been taught Law and Jusitce, Judicial creativity and Law and Morals. I hoping law and morals comes up, banking on the synoptic question to boost my marks, I can't seem to judge my time effectively for the scenario questions, there's so much to write about!
Im doing law and morals, fault and balancing conflicting interests as they are the 3 weve learnt in class :smile: im hoping fault comes up because i enjoyed that topic but i hate law and morals ..
so much to learn and not enough time!
Fault, law and morality an judicial creativity! Not liking law and morality but the rest of my class seem to love it! Scared about the timing of the exam tbh. Always seem to run out of time in law exams.

How is everyone revising for this part? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'm gonna go for Law and Justice as my first choice, as it's fairly easy to make up on the spot if I forget any of it :colondollar: Judicial creativity a close second as it builds on AS stuff, and if those are the two that don't make the paper then I guess it's balancing that I'll do.

Original post by Jellybeany
How is everyone revising for this part? :smile:

The way our teachers have done it is making us al write perfect essays for each, bceause the questions are virtually the same each time for each topic. Then, it just becomes a case of remembering how that essay went.
Law and Morals, Fault and Balancing Conflict...lets hope these questions come up and if so they are simple. At the moment I am extremely stressed out for this part...I don't understand how we're meant to answer this and I'm scared that I'm going to forget everything because my teacher hasn't taught the structure of how to answer. =s Any module answers I will greatly appreciate =]
Original post by help pls
Law and Morals, Fault and Balancing Conflict...lets hope these questions come up and if so they are simple. At the moment I am extremely stressed out for this part...I don't understand how we're meant to answer this and I'm scared that I'm going to forget everything because my teacher hasn't taught the structure of how to answer. =s Any module answers I will greatly appreciate =]

Im doing exactly the same topics :smile: i got 90% in my fault essay however i only got B's in the other two theres too much to write in such little time! And with law and morals i get confused with all the different theorists.
Original post by JessChappers01
Im doing exactly the same topics :smile: i got 90% in my fault essay however i only got B's in the other two theres too much to write in such little time! And with law and morals i get confused with all the different theorists.

We haven't actually done proper practice questions...thats how "good" my teacher is -.- but I agree with you about the law and morals section. Do we need to know EVERYTHING about it, I mean does the question only relate to the relationship between them or are they looking for more? Do they ask the same similar kind of questions and are they looking for our opinions as well? These are the questions that have been unanswered to me...hence why I am so stuck! I have done all my revision notes on the three chapters, but not sure how to tackle a past paper question =s any tips? Thank you!!
Reply 11

B's aren't bad at least you've had chance to actually get taught the information. My teacher isn't great and basically we haven't even been told what to put in it. She gave us somebodys essay that got 22 out of 30 but i don't think thats really good enough and i don't understand it. Please could tell me what structure you used i'm really not good at making stuff up on my own :colondollar:
Original post by ellie3
B's aren't bad at least you've had chance to actually get taught the information. My teacher isn't great and basically we haven't even been told what to put in it. She gave us somebodys essay that got 22 out of 30 but i don't think thats really good enough and i don't understand it. Please could tell me what structure you used i'm really not good at making stuff up on my own :colondollar:

Hey well depending on the topic the structure will vary that's what Iv found which topics are you doing?
Reply 13
Hey well depending on the topic the structure will vary that's what Iv found which topics are you doing?

morality, justice and fault. i understand the other 2 because i found some good plans on the internet. i used one for justice off lawteacher.net and morality is pretty straightforward anyway. Theres a plan for fault too but it seems too basic and every website seems to contradict what needs to go into it.
So basically just need to know whats important in the fault one :biggrin: thanks in advance!!
Original post by ellie3
morality, justice and fault. i understand the other 2 because i found some good plans on the internet. i used one for justice off lawteacher.net and morality is pretty straightforward anyway. Theres a plan for fault too but it seems too basic and every website seems to contradict what needs to go into it.
So basically just need to know whats important in the fault one :biggrin: thanks in advance!!

Hey okay well I'm not at home today which is where all my law stuff is but I'll have a look at my essay & the plan we made in class and share it with you tomoro prolly tomoro afternoon from what I remember it was pretty straightforward and easy to remember :smile: & that's okay I'm happy to help! Laws actually my strong point compared to my other subjects haha!
Reply 15
Hey okay well I'm not at home today which is where all my law stuff is but I'll have a look at my essay & the plan we made in class and share it with you tomoro prolly tomoro afternoon from what I remember it was pretty straightforward and easy to remember :smile: & that's okay I'm happy to help! Laws actually my strong point compared to my other subjects haha!

That would be really good :biggrin: i don't believe it could ever be easy to follow haha. What else do you do? It's my weaker subject but i do chemistry and biology so i tend to concentrate on them more which isn't good because i need my law grade to be as high! Every time i have exams biology and law are on the same day so i never do as well because the best revision is the night before :/ hopefully i'll be prepared for law this time with the aid of your plan :P
Original post by ellie3
That would be really good :biggrin: i don't believe it could ever be easy to follow haha. What else do you do? It's my weaker subject but i do chemistry and biology so i tend to concentrate on them more which isn't good because i need my law grade to be as high! Every time i have exams biology and law are on the same day so i never do as well because the best revision is the night before :/ hopefully i'll be prepared for law this time with the aid of your plan :P

I do law biology and psychology & god I know I have exam clash with bio and law all the time! They're both on the 22nd of June and I'm pooing it! We must do the same exam boards :smile:
Me too with tr exam clash. Dreading it!!! Need AAA tooo. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
Yeah we all must be the same exam boards. I need AAA too, i'm resitting the last law and biology units as well and they are both next friday. They must do it on purpose because its literally every time :L

Quick Reply

Latest