The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
You too!
Aw and I know what you mean, we've all somehow been through an emotional time, whether ext circumstances, missing our offers, or no offers at all (and still missing the grades required - in my case :tongue:)
Hopefully we resitters will get offer(s) somewhere!

Ah, did you get no offers and miss AAA+ then?

I hope so :tongue: This year has been compounded by the whole fees thing as well
Original post by myyrh
Liverpool, Lancaster, Southampton and Peninsula :smile: you?

hey i'm a dental resit applicant. i just check out this thread for a bit of motivation when i dont feel like revising.

do liverpool accept resit applicants???
Original post by Chonicles
Ah, did you get no offers and miss AAA+ then?

I hope so :tongue: This year has been compounded by the whole fees thing as well

Yepp lol
Yeah I promised myself I wouldn't worry about fees until I finished med school
Studying medicine always = debt anyways :tongue:
Reply 883
Yepp lol
Yeah I promised myself I wouldn't worry about fees until I finished med school
Studying medicine always = debt anyways :tongue:

Haha yeah. Paying off the debt is years in the future anyway :wink:

One of the hardest things for me has been seeing everybody I know going to university

/self pity over/
Haha yeah. Paying off the debt is years in the future anyway :wink:

One of the hardest things for me has been seeing everybody I know going to university

/self pity over/

That was pretty tough for me too..
Though a few friends of mine said they'd wished they'd done a gap year and applied for the course they wanted to instead of just accept their clearing offer, but couldn't be bothered with the whole stress of ucas again
Taking a gap year can be so scary because it's so uncertain - when I declined my biochem offer and took a job as a hca, my parents thought I had actually gone mad but hey ho.. :rolleyes:
Reply 885
That was pretty tough for me too..
Though a few friends of mine said they'd wished they'd done a gap year and applied for the course they wanted to instead of just accept their clearing offer, but couldn't be bothered with the whole stress of ucas again
Taking a gap year can be so scary because it's so uncertain - when I declined my biochem offer and took a job as a hca, my parents thought I had actually gone mad but hey ho.. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know a few people who have stuck around, but most of the people I know are miles away. my parents have been supportive of me sticking around. it was pretty difficult getting my head around not actually going to university this year as well. are you planning on doing anything like travelling? I'm hoping to go in the spring.
Reply 886
Original post by undertaker1
hey i'm a dental resit applicant. i just check out this thread for a bit of motivation when i dont feel like revising.

do liverpool accept resit applicants???

Yes they do, all the universities I applied to accept resitters without extenuating circumstances :smile:
Original post by myyrh
Yes they do, all the universities I applied to accept resitters without extenuating circumstances :smile:

oh ok, have you heard from anywhere yet.

btw are these the one 4 that accept resit candidates or are there more.
Reply 888
oh ok, have you heard from anywhere yet.

btw are these the one 4 that accept resit candidates or are there more.

I had an interview at Lancaster, the others haven't replied yet. There are a few more unis that accept resitters such as UEA, Keele and BSMS :smile:
Reply 889
Original post by myyrh
I had an interview at Lancaster, the others haven't replied yet. There are a few more unis that accept resitters such as UEA, Keele and BSMS :smile:

Doesn't UEA want A*A*A* if you're resitting even one exam in any subject? I sent an email out a while ago, cant remember if it was them lol
Reply 890
Original post by Doctor.
Doesn't UEA want A*A*A* if you're resitting even one exam in any subject? I sent an email out a while ago, cant remember if it was them lol

No that would be insane :P UEA want an A* in the subject being resat. I'm not to sure about BSMS requirements but it's somthing similar. Keele want you to resit and get the grades before reapplying.
Reply 891
Original post by myyrh
No that would be insane :P UEA want an A* in the subject being resat. I'm not to sure about BSMS requirements but it's somthing similar. Keele want you to resit and get the grades before reapplying.

Aw that's annoying lol. They said if I resit one exam for all subjects I have to get A*. I was like, no. :rolleyes:
Reply 892
Original post by Doctor.
Aw that's annoying lol. They said if I resit one exam for all subjects I have to get A*. I was like, no. :rolleyes:

Well they rejected me last year without interview and there was no way my school would predict me an A* so I also completely avoided them :smile:
Yeah, I know a few people who have stuck around, but most of the people I know are miles away. my parents have been supportive of me sticking around. it was pretty difficult getting my head around not actually going to university this year as well. are you planning on doing anything like travelling? I'm hoping to go in the spring.

I have a 2week "reward holiday" already booked next summer in Florida
But voluntary work/gap year-wise, I was thinking about volunteering on a obstetrics ward in West Africa in the summer but nothing's set in stone yet
I'm hoping that by spring/early summer, I'd have an offer and the grades and then I'll start to plan the fun part of my gap year :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by myyrh

congrats on your interview; hopefully you'll get an offer.

do you mind me asking what your stats are like?
Reply 895
congrats on your interview; hopefully you'll get an offer.

do you mind me asking what your stats are like?

Thanks and not at all

GCSES:4a*,6a and a c
AS:BB(E in critical thinking)
A2:AAB (B resitting to A)
UKCAT 642.5
Reply 896
I have a 2week "reward holiday" already booked next summer in Florida
But voluntary work/gap year-wise, I was thinking about volunteering on a obstetrics ward in West Africa in the summer but nothing's set in stone yet
I'm hoping that by spring/early summer, I'd have an offer and the grades and then I'll start to plan the fun part of my gap year :rolleyes:

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. I don't want to tread water all year :tongue:
15th of December in Exeter
What about you?

I have the same interview date!
Original post by Abbasmerali
I have the same interview date!

hey are you a resit applicant
yes....hence posting in the resit applicant success story thread :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending