The Student Room Group

Is there a difference between chiseled and striking features?

If there is, what is it?

Also, someone posted on another thread that high cheekbones are feminine? I always though that was a masculine trait!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by King-Panther
high cheekbones are feminine? I always though that was a masculine trait!

More common with transexuals, might wanna check down there mate.
Original post by 0range
More common with transexuals, might wanna check down there mate.

I don't understand.
Reply 3
Yes. If you have a snout it's striking but not chiselled.

And cheekbones aren't necessarily masculine - look at Kate Moss...
Original post by besomebody
Yes. If you have a snout it's striking but not chiselled.

And cheekbones aren't necessarily masculine - look at Kate Moss...

O.k, but what is the difference?

I didn't think they were either, however women tend to have fuller cheekbones whilst men tend to have higher.
O.k, but what is the difference?

I didn't think they were either, however women tend to have fuller cheekbones whilst men tend to have higher.

Not really :naughty: A more accurate generalisation would be women tend to have smaller hands then men.
Reply 6
Chiseled- I think its like a face that looks as though it had been sculpted. like with good bone structure.

Striking- kinda like quite sharp or prominent. or if someone has striking eyes, that's the feature that attracts attention straight away. Its normally a compliment tbh.

Hope that helps x
Reply 7
striking - draws your attention
chiselled - distinctive? but in a good way. usually about bone structure?

That's what I think anyway.

Er. Sorry, I obviously didn't read your post well. I don't know, cheekbones = high cheekbones to me.

Chiseled definitely (probably better examples out there).
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s

ewww who's that?
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s

Can't really see his face.
Reply 11
If there is, what is it?

Also, someone posted on another thread that high cheekbones are feminine? I always though that was a masculine trait!

High cheekbones I think are more feminine than anything else, but honestly either gender could have them.

Defined bone structure in general is considered androgynous, that is why it is so popular in high-fashion models. But it is the most sought after and least attainable of all attributes.

Johnny Depp has high cheekbones.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sarah124
High cheekbones I think are more feminine than anything else, but honestly either gender could have them.

Defined bone structure in general is considered androgynous, that is why it is so popular in high-fashion models. But it is the most sought after and least attainable of all attributes.

Johnny Depp has high cheekbones.

Yes his are high but I would say they're quite full as well, like a woman.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Yes his are high but I would say they're quite full as well, like a woman.

So you think he looks feminine?
This is an example of both. nils2.jpg
Reply 15
To me, chiseled implies that it's looks as though it's been carefully moulded and shaped, perhaps quite soft on the edges.

Striking just means very distinctive.
In my opinion I would say someone is striking if I was refering to them having amazing eyes/generally gorgeous feature/s overall, versus chiseled which to me refers mainly to bone structure, a prominent jaw line, cheek bones etc.
Reply 17
Someone can have striking eyes.. because they are incredibly big or round, so no it does not always been chiseled.

the term "chiseled" is normally applied to men whereas "striking" tends to be with women, i think?
Original post by sarah124
So you think he looks feminine?

No, but his cheekbones do, not everyone with high cheekbones look feminine, nor are they a feminine feature, I think.
You can have striking features but they don't necessarily have to be chiseled

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending