The Student Room Group

Most beautiful Oxbridge college. You vote, you decide.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by *Corinna*
I just have to say for the record, the second to last pic for chch is not chch. Lol..it's the divinity school in the bodleian library. Also, the library picture is misleading, cause even though it is chch library, it's the top floor which we are not allowed to visit :frown:

Only Harry Potter is badass enough to visit the restricted section... :sexface:
Original post by Blutooth
Instead of Christ Church, Perhaps? I have to admit, your chapel does look lovely.

are you serious?? Worcester is monotonous and just OK. Christ Church has many beautiful buildings, an amazing dining hall, a meadow and in general is way better. I'm not saying its the most beautiful college but please....better than worcester...:rolleyes:
Reply 102
Has to be Wolfson.
Is it just me or does the interior of Kings look like hogwarts?
I rather like Oriel.
Reply 105
Original post by TheStudent.
Is it just me or does the interior of Kings look like hogwarts?

The Christ Church dining hall was where the Hogwarts dining hall was filmed.

Oh right! thank you!
Apparently Keble was going to be the Harry Potter dining room, but they turned down fame and fortune by refusing to take down all their portraits :biggrin:
Original post by *Corinna*
are you serious?? Worcester is monotonous and just OK. Christ Church has many beautiful buildings, an amazing dining hall, a meadow and in general is way better. I'm not saying its the most beautiful college but please....better than worcester...:rolleyes:

I completely disagree, but then I would. I'd say Christ Church is more monotonous than Worcester and that Worcester has probably the most diverse set of buildings of any college. In Worcester, there are the medieval cottages which are some of the oldest buildings in the university, impressive eighteenth-century buildings in the main quad and also some incredibly nice modern buildings. Conversely, the buildings at Christchurch are all very similiar. Also, I'd say that the grounds at Worcester are the most beautiful out of all the colleges.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by AwesomeAkhilesh
King's Cambridge :drool:

I quite like King's. Nice location, some mighty fine lawns, and a magnificent gatehouse. But a good wash would do the Gibbs' Building no harm at all, in my opinion.
Reply 110
What about Clare?!
They're all so nice, if only I was cleverer! :frown:
Original post by Vazzyb
What about Clare?!

True. It's so beautiful :sexface:

Spoiler

Reply 113
Original post by ROBBY7896
I completely disagree, but then I would. I'd say Christ Church is more monotonous than Worcester and that Worcester has probably the most diverse set of buildings of any college. In Worcester, there are the medieval cottages which are some of the oldest buildings in the university, impressive eighteenth-century buildings in the main quad and also some incredibly nice modern buildings. Conversely, the buildings at Christchurch are all very similiar. Also, I'd say that the grounds at Worcester are the most beautiful out of all the colleges.

Totally agree with this. Whichever college you think is the most beautiful, I do not see how Worcester can be labelled "monotonous"; the main quad alone is full of too many contrasts for that. Personally I find Christ Church grand on the austere and intimidating end, so have never been a great fan of the college.
Original post by Harry S Truman
Gonna go one step further than most people on here and say that Emmanuel College, Cambridge is not only the nicest Oxbridge college, it's probably the most beautiful location on the entire planet.

Spoiler

You are my favourite person EVER right now!:h:

Nobody else seems to understand how breathtakingly beautiful Emmanuel College is - it is the most beautiful place I have ever been and will probably ever go.

EDIT: How on Earth do I post pictures without all the funny codes coming up?
(edited 8 years ago)
Omg - these are all stunning. Such a privilege to be educated in these environments. If I was forced to chose between these six I'd pick St Johns and Kings. I'd like to see pics of others. I know nothing about either uni but if they're all as lovely then there are some incredibly lucky people being able to study here. I'd want to move into the library.,

That actually isn't true. The only part of Christ Church that was filmed was the staircase going up to the hall. The Hogwarts dining hall was a set inspired partially by Christ Church's hall and some other Oxford colleges' halls. If you go to Christ Church's hall it is vastly smaller than you would imagine from the one in the film.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending