The Student Room Group

Year 12 ! What are your plans for uni? (2016 entry)

Scroll to see replies

Current A levels and which are you dropping for A2?
Maths, Further Maths, Physics and German. Probably going to drop Further Maths.

Which universities do you plan on applying to; what course?
If I get 4 As then I *might* consider Imperial or Oxford but even then, it depends on how high my As are. That's really unlikely though because I think I've messed up Physics and possibly Further Maths. Otherwise, UCL would ideally be my firm, and I'll also probably apply to Bristol, Bath, Southampton and Manchester. I want to do Mechanical Engineering with Business Finance or with a Year Abroad.
Reply 181
I studied Maths, Further Maths, Psychology and English Lit. I'm going to drop English and I am thinking of doing Mathematics or Pure M at LSE, UCL, KingsCUL, QMarys.

Government & Politics, Spanish, English Literature and Psychology. Don't know which one I'm dropping yet.

Thinking of applying for International relations and Spanish and maybe another language

Universities:
St Andrews
Birmingham
Leeds
Royal Holloway ?
Don't know my 5th yet - any suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm currently doing biology, chemistry, physics and maths. I will drop either physics or maths, right now I prefer maths but if I did better in physics (waiting for results day), I might drop maths.

I want to do medicine, and I'm pretty sure that I will apply to Imperial and Plymouth. The other ones I've been considering are Exeter and Bristol, but I still want to see Edinburgh. My fifth choice will probably be Biomedical sciences at Exeter or another uni but I'm still not sure about my fifth choice.
Original post by GeorgiaaBee
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Psychology.
I am unsure as to what I'm dropping yet - it's all dependent on results really - but looking more between Biology and Chemistry at the moment.

Sheffield, Leeds, Central Lancashire, Liverpool, Birmingham
To study either Criminology or Nursing - still undecided :/

I'm looking to study criminology at Liverpool too, although as a joint degree with psychology. You're the first person I've come across who's also looking at criminology!
My current A levels: Psychology, Drama, RS and Economics & Business (eco & business is one a level together.)
I'm hoping that I can drop RS on results day as long as I don't do worse in another subject!
I want to study Psychology & Criminology as a joint degree & I'm looking at Southampton, Liverpool, Keele & Royal Holloway. I'm not sure about my 5th option.
Original post by confusedkid18
**Got inspiration from 'Guymd's thread'; quick shout out to you! :bigsmile:**

I noticed there wasn't a thread for the current year 12s (i.e. class of 2016) and their university plans so I decided to create one!:smile:

Possible questions to discuss:

Also: :yy: good luck everyone for results day next month! :zomg:

Current A Levels: Maths, Biology Chemistry (+ O Level Marine Science)
University + Course: Newcastle Uni, Marine Science Degree
Reply 187
>Im doing all three sciences and maths but might drop physics.
>Was hoping to medicine but unsure of whether its possible for someone like me
>probably might end up doing biomedicine at Manchester, Leicester, Birmungham, Aston and Bristol
>unclear of what I wanna do after that...
I've studied Psychology, Biology, Chemistry and Law at AS, and I dropped Law purely because EU legislation was torture. In its place, I picked up an EPQ in which I'm going to conduct my own research investigating the impact fat and carbohydrates have on our health.
I originally planned to study Medicine at Southampton but realised it wouldn't make me happy, so I've decided to study Nutrition and Dietetics as that's what I really love. Hopefully I'll get into my dream university (Nottingham, I've completely fallen in love with it), but I'm also applying to Kings, Surrey, Plymouth and Chester. I'm so excited for Uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you imagine like next year will be waiting for our A2 results and waiting to go to university, I am too excited for everything to work out and just be in university already!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
AS Levels: Maths, physics, biology and geography

Course- Civil Engineering

Unis- Loughborough, Swansea, UWE, Portsmouth and Nottingham (both of them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Currently doing Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Economics with the hope of dropping maths
I'm hoping to study medicine at possibly Imperial, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton/Exeter and a Biomedical Sciences 'banker' ( I wouldn't be too disappointed if I had to that) I'm just trying to get into a med school now, anywhere

Quick Reply

Latest