The Student Room Group

Made in Chelsea

Saw an ad on E4 for this earlier. Looks interesting...like an upmarket version of The Only Way is Essex but with rahs. Could be funny or could turn out rubbish.

Anyone going to watch it?

Here's an article on it
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Won't they be fairly intelligent/educated though? The Only Way is Essex is only funny because they're so stupid...
Could be okay though, might watch the first episode and see what it's like. :redface:
Reply 2
hmm
(edited 12 years ago)
Essex is quality mainly because the people are so stupid, i'll no doubt watch it though.
What's with all these spin-offs? I swear a "Geordie Shore" is being created I can see that being terrible rather than having The Situation flexing his abs and pulling girls we'll have a fat lad showing off his tattooed chest before ending up in hospital...
Made in Chelsea.
Reply 5
Original post by heartskippedabeat
Won't they be fairly intelligent/educated though? The Only Way is Essex is only funny because they're so stupid...
Could be okay though, might watch the first episode and see what it's like. :redface:

I bet these girls are equally as stupid; they look like vain, airheaded idiots who like to go shopping with Daddy's credit card. I won't watch as I know it will be painfully cringeworthy watching a group of affluent teenagers with misplaced senses of entitlement.

I sound stupidly bitter :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
I'm still waiting for "The Only Way is Yorkshire" to premiere.
Reply 7
Original post by ThemThereEyes
Made in Chelsea.

thanks

fixed thread title
Reply 8

Yeah, I agree with Scout, why will they be intelligent? Just because they are posh and talk posh? You could also say, if your gonna stereotype, I bet none of them have jobs, they just live off their dads credit card without working.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by .Scout.
I bet these girls are equally as stupid; they look like vain, airheaded idiots who like to go shopping with Daddy's credit card. I won't watch as I know it will be painfully cringeworthy watching a group of affluent teenagers with misplaced senses of entitlement.

I sound stupidly bitter :h:

Haha, yeah that's a good point!
Although I'm not sure we'll get classics like "Where’s North London?" :tongue:
I hope they're stupid. Reality shows with smart people just aren't as entertaining.
I saw the adverts during Glee...me and my friends burst out laughing at how ridiculous it looks.

Safe to say I'll be giving it a miss.
Original post by Digg93
Yeah, I agree with Scout, why will they be intelligent? Just because they are posh and talk posh? You could also say, if your gonna stereotype, I bet none of them have jobs, they just live off their dads credit card without working.

I'm sure not all of them will be, but the people in The Only Way is Essex, whether it's scripted or it's just them, are really really stupid. It says the characters in this will be privately educated and while that obviously doesn't automatically make them any cleverer than any one else, I'm pretty sure that they won't be as bad as the Essex cast.
Reply 13
I'm sure not all of them will be, but the people in The Only Way is Essex, whether it's scripted or it's just them, are really really stupid. It says the characters in this will be privately educated and while that obviously doesn't automatically make them any cleverer than any one else, I'm pretty sure that they won't be as bad as the Essex cast.

Yeah what you said is true about being privately educated. But Amy was privately educated in Essex and Lydia- and she went to the same school as me- did well in ther GCSEs, an A in Maths so she's not stupid. Although, I'm not gonna lie, the rest aren't the brightest.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Digg93
Yeah what you said is true about being privately educated. But Amy was privately educated in Essex and Lydia- and she went to the same school as me- done good in ther GCSEs, an A in Maths so she ain't stupid. Although, I ain't gonna lie, the rest aren't the brightest bulbs in the box.

Ahh really? I really like Lydia haha :tongue:
I'm sure not all of them are stupid, especially because I think a lot of the more cringey 'bimbo' type lines are scripted, but it's just the general impression you get from the show and I can't really see this one being as funny.
I don't think it's possible to be as stupid as the Essex cast. Damn, they're stupid.

We've got Maria on our team for the pub quiz. We'll win, she's well clever, she's got like looads of GCSE's.
Original post by Troubled_Student
I don't think it's possible to be as stupid as the Essex cast. Damn, they're stupid.

We've got Maria on our team for the pub quiz. We'll win, she's well clever, she's got like looads of GCSE's.

"What lesson's a bunsen burner used in?" "Year 7!"
What. On. Earth.
Original post by malibu_xo
"What lesson's a bunsen burner used in?" "Year 7!"

He's honestly a borderline retard. When he tried to take a hairdryer and a mini fridge camping, idiot. He's banging Sam though so fair play.

This Made In Chelsea is dire. Yeah they've got money but the guys have hair longer than the girls - two of them most certainly look like homos. That one in the green jacket sounds, looks and is a ****. Not impressed, not impressed at all so far. The only thing that makes me want to watch it is to understand why they're so rich, and how is one a diamond miner at the age of like 22 or whatever?

:dontknow: but get this **** off my TV.
I don't understand why people are shocked that it's private school rahs..?! Surely the clue that it's set in Chelsea would give that away? And the fact that their all posh and take themselves seriously is the whole point in the show! I'm an Essex lover but even I know that it's obviously going to be different!

Quick Reply