The Student Room Group

Biology B3 Mark Scheme 21/05/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The peak means the maximum value, and you cant say that there were 6 maximum values ie, cant say it peaked 6 times, you have to give numbers eg the heart rate went above ... beats per minute 6 times this indicates the points at which the atheletes were running. Just my opinion:biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by flyhigh99
Exactly what i'm trying to do :s
But i'm such a harsh examiner to myself so i really can't tell!
i always want to expect the worse so i deduct marks even if i might get it right :')
-it's hard to mark :frown:

yeh... i'm the opposite way around e.g.hmmm its not really right but that's what I meannttt *tick*... its not very productive but helps my positive thinking!!:biggrin:
Reply 62
Original post by g.k.galloway
yeh... i'm the opposite way around e.g.hmmm its not really right but that's what I meannttt *tick*... its not very productive but helps my positive thinking!!:biggrin:

Ahaha! I remember looking at the unofficial mark scheme for the horrible b2 exam in january, and marking myself down so harshly and then getting the results and getting a high end A* :/

plus right now i can't remember exactly everything i wrote,

what do you think you'll get? :smile:
Reply 63
Ahaha! I remember looking at the unofficial mark scheme for the horrible b2 exam in january, and marking myself down so harshly and then getting the results and getting a high end A* :/

plus right now i can't remember exactly everything i wrote,

what do you think you'll get? :smile:

well I'm really hoping for 100ums to get an A* overall (i need 97ums)... so really i need high end 30's /low 40's... knowing me i'll get my overall biology grade and be one ums off an A*

yeh that jan b2 was horrible, I got an A* too!
Original post by Ketchup!

Salt is a mineral ion, so yes.

ah phew thanks :smile:
Reply 65
Original post by joshd253
The peak means the maximum value, and you cant say that there were 6 maximum values ie, cant say it peaked 6 times, you have to give numbers eg the heart rate went above ... beats per minute 6 times this indicates the points at which the atheletes were running. Just my opinion:biggrin:

It was only 1 mark so I disagree :smile:
Reply 66
this thing is i can't really predict what i'm going to get overall cause our teacher didn't tell us our real marks/ums marks for the ISA,
I got
100ums for the b1 exam
95 for b2
Miss told me i got an A in the Isa, (so being the harsh marker i am) my worst amount of ums marks i'm predicting is 75

so i think i need at least 90 ums marks in this one, :biggrin:

Oh gosh :')

how's your other subjects for science coming along?
Reply 67
I think I said for the glucose and kidney question that glucose went through the filter as it was small enough while red blood cells did not and that the glucose was reabsorbed by both diffusion and active transport as it is a useful substance. I think that's 3.
Original post by usycool1
It was only 1 mark so I disagree :smile:

I think saying something like the hpm when above 160 6 times is the the kinda of thing you'd expect for 1 mark
Reply 69
What about saying there were 6 clear changes? :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 70
Original post by Zigggyy.
What about saying there were 6 clear changes? :')

not sure.. I think you need to insinuate an increase somehow
Reply 71
this thing is i can't really predict what i'm going to get overall cause our teacher didn't tell us our real marks/ums marks for the ISA,
I got
100ums for the b1 exam
95 for b2
Miss told me i got an A in the Isa, (so being the harsh marker i am) my worst amount of ums marks i'm predicting is 75

so i think i need at least 90 ums marks in this one, :biggrin:

Oh gosh :')

how's your other subjects for science coming along?

I need 97 ums in bio 3
60 in chem 3
and 70 ish in phys.
Reply 72
Original post by g.k.galloway
not sure.. I think you need to insinuate an increase somehow

Ah okay!

Reply 73
CONSIDERING JUNE 2011 WAS THE SAME LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY AS THIS EXAM

36- 100UMS

Although this sounds low, this was the grade boundary for the relatively easy JUNE 2011 PAPER
Reply 74
What did people say for the very very last question about beer manufacturers?

I said:
1) Ensure maximum profit.
2) Ensure maximum amount of alcohol is produced.

I know it's pretty much the same point, but 1 or 2 marks? :smile:

Reply 75
Original post by momo26396
CONSIDERING JUNE 2011 WAS THE SAME LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY AS THIS EXAM

36- 100UMS

Although this sounds low, this was the grade boundary for the relatively easy JUNE 2011 PAPER

generally b3 is low - i've seen it as low as 28/45 for an A*
Reply 76

I said:

I put something similar.. I think its only one - the second related to cost
Reply 77
Original post by frankayak
I think I said for the glucose and kidney question that glucose went through the filter as it was small enough while red blood cells did not and that the glucose was reabsorbed by both diffusion and active transport as it is a useful substance. I think that's 3.

You had to say blood was squeezed at high pressure into the bowman capsule, all glucose was squeezed through. As the liquid flowed along the nephron the glucose was reabsorbed back by ACTIVE TRANSPORT this is because there is a low concentration inside the nephrons and high concentration of blood in the capilieries around the nephron.
Reply 78

I said:

One mark i would say. For the second you could have put as DAS is a fungi it may contaminate the alcohol and create diseases and viruses and the manufacture does not want this to happen as it would be bad reputation for his company. There was a question like that a while back and that was the exact awnser.
Reply 79
Original post by Basit2010
You had to say blood was squeezed at high pressure into the bowman capsule, all glucose was squeezed through. As the liquid flowed along the nephron the glucose was reabsorbed back by ACTIVE TRANSPORT this is because there is a low concentration inside the nephrons and high concentration of blood in the capilieries around the nephron.

You don't need to know about Bowman's capsule or the nephron at GCSE :smile: Still, that's a great answer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending