The Student Room Group

Working at Primark - Q&A

Scroll to see replies

hey so i used to work at primark and i was wondering how i go about getting a reference for another job. i left last september before i went to uni so i don't even know if the same people work in HR.
would i have to just put the store name and any number i can find for it. i don't have a number or email address to contact them on to ask them about it but i need to find out soon. all i know is that HR do references and not the managers
Hi, I work at Primark and sometimes i do overtime. It is required that i do not work no more than 8 hours a day. However, I've been doing sometimes more than 8 hours. HR called my phone and basically told me I've been working longer than 8 hours and it is not allowed and also they said could i report to them when i do my next shift. Does this mean my contract gets terminated? What happens?
Original post by _itsJassss
Hi, I work at Primark and sometimes i do overtime. It is required that i do not work no more than 8 hours a day. However, I've been doing sometimes more than 8 hours. HR called my phone and basically told me I've been working longer than 8 hours and it is not allowed and also they said could i report to them when i do my next shift. Does this mean my contract gets terminated? What happens?

The overtime is longer than 8 hours. But you only get paid for 8 hours.. Unless you've not been taking your breaks. If I do a full day, I get 2 15 minute breaks and a full hour. So on a 11:30/9 shift i'm in the shop for 10 hours but getting paid for 8
I'm 16 and haven't got my results for GCSE yet, but want to work for summer holidays aswell as part time. So would they mind if I don't have my results?
Also, can I go up to a staff member and tell them if I can work there?
Original post by Yasminxb
Also, can I go up to a staff member and tell them if I can work there?

You put your predicted grades =)
and I mean you ask the staff but they'll just tell you to apply online
Does anyone know how you go about requesting a store transfer?.
I'm moving back to uni in about 6 weeks & I'd love to keep my job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I had an interview with Primark last Thursday, I recieved email 2day saying my interview was successful but has been put on hold ?? Has this happened to any1 else before or has anyone has the same experience and still been offered the posistion?
Original post by Lyndsey1989
Hi, I had an interview with Primark last Thursday, I recieved email 2day saying my interview was successful but has been put on hold ?? Has this happened to any1 else before or has anyone has the same experience and still been offered the posistion?

I hope you can find a better job and would be able to turn them down.
Original post by xXAneesa786Xx
Hi, is it good pay and do u get discounts? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange San Francisco

For under 18's the pay is £4.97 an hour. And no you don't get discounts, if I remember rightly, you get 10% off at christmas time but don't hold me to that one
My friend is 16 and is on 4.44

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys
I got offered a job at Primark today, the email says that my department will be the fitting rooms. I was quite excited to start work but i've seen loads of people saying bad things about working in that department? Is it really that bad? :s-smilie: Also, this has probably been answered millions of times before but what exactly happens at induction and what does it involve?
Original post by Javindo
There seem to have been a lot of openings at Primark lately so as an employee, feel free to ask me anything about the application/induction/training/work environment! :biggrin:

It's really good fun and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to gain retail experience

I just started as a xmas temp, i know im the morning stock has to go out and after 12 its recovery, so on the shop floor. But just wanted to know how exactly do you know what it doing in the mornings? Like how do you know what stock to put out and does anyone tell you what you need to do? Cause the past few mornings ive worked ive had no idea what im doing exactly, and idk how other people know to do what theyre doing. Seems stupid but i never know what to do, help!!
Reply 433
I've recently started a temporary weekend job- I want to book a day off in the first week of December and I know you can't book 'holiday' time off in November and December, but this is just one day that I want to book off- does that count as 'holiday' time? Can you not book any days off at all in November and December?
Original post by LSDixon
I've recently started a temporary weekend job- I want to book a day off in the first week of December and I know you can't book 'holiday' time off in November and December, but this is just one day that I want to book off- does that count as 'holiday' time? Can you not book any days off at all in November and December?

If its a weekend day then you're most likely to get rejected unless it was mentioned at your induction. That's the whole reason I quit...struggling to get time off in December so I could go home for Christmas
Reply 435
Hi everyone,

I currently work at primark but dont know what the hell im doing most of the time.

1) does anyone know how to print gift item receipts etc?
2) are customers allowed to return earrings?
Original post by mao94
Hi everyone,

I currently work at primark but dont know what the hell im doing most of the time.

I don't think they do gift reciepts, I never got told how to do one when I worked there
2) Officially no unless they're still sealed and on the packet but again it depends on the store.My store would accept them back
Reply 437
Original post by mao94
Hi everyone,

To print a gift receipt, just select "Gift Item" on the till for each item the customer would like a gift receipt for. Gift receipts are printed individually on an item-by-item basis though so I would always inform the customer of this beforehand if they are buying several gift items.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 438
Original post by ROC10
To print a gift receipt, just select "Gift Item" on the till for each item the customer would like a gift receipt for. Gift receipts are printed individually on an item-by-item basis though so I would always inform the customer of this beforehand if they are buying several gift items.

Hope this helps! :smile:

Yeah I thought this too, but do i press it before or after scanning the item i want to issue a gift item receipt for?
Original post by Javindo
There seem to have been a lot of openings at Primark lately so as an employee, feel free to ask me anything about the application/induction/training/work environment! :biggrin:

It's really good fun and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to gain retail experience

Hiya
I'm 14 do you think primark will take me? I still don't have a CV but I really want one although I'm not sure if you can have one if your still in secondary school.

Please help!! Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending