The Student Room Group

Romanians?......or people who love romania.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kevina
weee, am plannin on applyin to Romania for medicine incase it doesnt work out for me in Bristol. Thinkin mainly of constanta. I have lotsof friends studyin medicine there. They say that its very much "own research" but once u sudy very hard, all is good. 6 av them are at University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Iuliu Hatieganu" Cluj-Napoca while 3 are at constanta.

Yet the best Medical School in Romania is University of Medicine and Pahrmacy "Carol Davila" in Bucharest.
I love Romania, I'm actually talking to someone on here who is from Romania and so far, he's one of the best Romanian guy I've met. He's such a sweetheart.
Reply 62
Hey, I'm from Romania, applied to study dentistry, have 2 rejections so far and an unconditional from my backup as I'm on a gap year, well I'm actually a 1st year dental student in Iasi as I didn't get in last year but I'm really desperate for an offer in UK.
Reply 63
Original post by domasor
Hey, I'm from Romania, applied to study dentistry, have 2 rejections so far and an unconditional from my backup as I'm on a gap year, well I'm actually a 1st year dental student in Iasi as I didn't get in last year but I'm really desperate for an offer in UK.

What's your backup offer?
Reply 64
Original post by irina793
What's your backup offer?

It's medical science and humanities at swasea university, most probably going to turn that offer down, I don't think it's worth going down the graduate route entry. Did you apply to dentistry/med as well?
Reply 65
Original post by domasor
It's medical science and humanities at swasea university, most probably going to turn that offer down, I don't think it's worth going down the graduate route entry. Did you apply to dentistry/med as well?

nope, I'm applying next year for fine art.
Reply 66
Original post by fodé
Yet the best Medical School in Romania is University of Medicine and Pahrmacy "Carol Davila" in Bucharest.

so wat???
Reply 67
Original post by kevina
so wat???

So maybe he's suggesting you applied to the university in Bucharest, and not the one in Constanta. And I agree, in Constanta the majority of people at the uni are C students, and the only reason they went to the uni in Constanta is cause it's really easy to get in, or they couldn't get in anywhere else... So it's not much of a uni...
Reply 68
Original post by irina793
So maybe he's suggesting you applied to the university in Bucharest, and not the one in Constanta. And I agree, in Constanta the majority of people at the uni are C students, and the only reason they went to the uni in Constanta is cause it's really easy to get in, or they couldn't get in anywhere else... So it's not much of a uni...

ooh now i get wat he meant.. anyways, dont really care. As long as get a med/doc Id at the end of it all.
Reply 69
Heyy, this thread is quite dead... it's time to resurrect it :biggrin:
So, basically I have an unconditional offer to study dentistry at Newcastle University, so happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Was just wandering if there are any Moldovans or Romanians in the area for the begining of 2011 academic year?
Original post by masodin
So, basically I have an unconditional offer to study dentistry at Newcastle University, so happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Was just wandering if there are any Moldovans or Romanians in the area for the begining of 2011 academic year?

hello! i am from Moldova but currently living in Bucharest :smile:. I am thinking of applying to a few universities in the u.k, but i am curious about the way my marks will be translated. The romanian grading system is like this:
100%- 10
90%- 9
80%-8
and so on...the english grading system is a bit different, so is it true that 8,72 is equivalent to an A?
Reply 71
hey, i'm also romanian, got a conditional offer from manchester metropolitan for msc in events management. currently looking for accommodation and infos on machester life... :biggrin:
Reply 72
Original post by masodin

yep, we're quite a few Romanians up here :biggrin: join the group i've made on facebook :wink: cauta Romani in Newcastle, UK
you're gonna love Newcastle, it's a great city :biggrin:
Reply 73
Original post by thediamonds
hello! i am from Moldova but currently living in Bucharest :smile:. I am thinking of applying to a few universities in the u.k, but i am curious about the way my marks will be translated. The romanian grading system is like this:
100%- 10
90%- 9
80%-8
and so on...the english grading system is a bit different, so is it true that 8,72 is equivalent to an A?

Hey, I'm from Moldova as well =)) To be honest I have no idea how are these grades converted, though I can give you a pointer, I had 9,50 in my BAC where the standart entry grades to dentistry are AAA at A-levels and I have been accepted. So it really depends on what course are you going to choose. Your best bet is contacting directly the universities you want to apply to and ask them if you meet their entry requirments. Good luck with your further application and if you have any question regarding the UCAS process I'll be happy to help you with anything coz I've been through this cycle already 2 times, so if anyhing pops up in your mind, PM me :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Osee
hey, i'm also romanian, got a conditional offer from manchester metropolitan for msc in events management. currently looking for accommodation and infos on machester life... :biggrin:

Congrats!!! I hear Manchester life is fabulous, enjoy your time :biggrin:
Reply 75
What is the best way to transfer money from Romania to a credit card in UK and what type of credit card you use there to make day-to-day payments ?
Reply 76
Original post by LaviniaRo
yep, we're quite a few Romanians up here :biggrin: join the group i've made on facebook :wink: cauta Romani in Newcastle, UK
you're gonna love Newcastle, it's a great city :biggrin:

Wow, that sounds awesome :biggrin: Too bad I don't have a facebook account. Haha I guess it's time to make one :biggrin:
One of my best friends is Romanian!
Reply 78
I too have that inclination for Romania and Romanians. Agree or not, they're beautiful people inside and out. Most especially "out" lol
romanian at uni in london :smile:
apparently, there are lots of romanians at my uni... yet I never seem to run into them lol

Quick Reply

Latest