The Student Room Group

Registered Nurses/Nursing Students Chat Thread

Helloo love the cartoons :smile:
Lucky you with only 2 assignments left! I've just finished one, handed it in yesterday, but another one to do before I start 3rd year sadly :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Hobbit
Helloo love the cartoons :smile:
Lucky you with only 2 assignments left! I've just finished one, handed it in yesterday, but another one to do before I start 3rd year sadly :frown:

Ah you'll power through and the terrible second year will be over. I've loved 3rd year so far :smile: Don't want to leave!
Reply 2
Ohh a new one!

Ive just submitted my final (god awful) assignment of 2nd year. Biggest fingers crossed i pass because i cant wait to see the back of this year. 6 weeks left and summer...hopefully!
Reply 3
Hi all :smile:

I have a few assignments left but 6 months to go! Where is everyone studying? :smile:
Original post by SuperGirl09
Hi all :smile:

I have a few assignments left but 6 months to go! Where is everyone studying? :smile:

Nottingham, or shottingham as I like to call it..

Heard gunshots out of my window last night lol

I've got..4 months, and..a few days left :eek:
3 weeks left...ever of being a student nurse, CAN'T WAIT!
Original post by bombproof_girl

So Jealous :colonhash:

Dissertation finished? hows management going? ooh and got a job yet?
Reply 7
Original post by Subcutaneous
Nottingham, or shottingham as I like to call it..

Heard gunshots out of my window last night lol

I've got..4 months, and..a few days left :eek:

LOL No way! Though I have heard a few and I live in Birmingham!

oooo Congrats :smile: looking forward to finishing?
:wink:
Reply 8
Original post by bombproof_girl

Ahh 3 weeks?! I wish! high 5! That's brilliant! have you enjoyed it?

Where are you studying?
Reply 9
Wow 3 weeks scary stuff! I'm at Glasgow Uni, almost finished 2nd year with another 2 to go...
Original post by Little Hobbit
Wow 3 weeks scary stuff! I'm at Glasgow Uni, almost finished 2nd year with another 2 to go...

Nurse training in Scotland is 4 years isn't it? :smile:
Reply 11
Guys, I really cannot write this literature review... i just suck... I don't even have a clue how to write one.. I have, so far, the words "literature review" on a blank page... i don't even know how to frigging start it :frown: Anyone really good at writing lit reviews want to explain how you do it?!
I feel just like you dani_88 I haven't got the foggiest idea haha! Do you know what your topic will be?
Original post by dani_88
Guys, I really cannot write this literature review... i just suck... I don't even have a clue how to write one.. I have, so far, the words "literature review" on a blank page... i don't even know how to frigging start it :frown: Anyone really good at writing lit reviews want to explain how you do it?!

er, how many words?

I dont know either meant to be doing one for my dissertation but im still stuck on the 'reading literature' phase!
Original post by SuperGirl09
Nurse training in Scotland is 4 years isn't it? :smile:

In Glasgow Uni its 3 years for the junior degree and 4 years for the honours degree, not too sure about other unis :smile:

Aaah literature review I have to do one of those for my assignment :frown: I'm trying not to think about it atm lol :P
Ooh I see :smile: I think typical nurse training in England is 3 years for honours degrees like Bsc and BA :P

I don't wanna think about my literature review but it pops up every now and again I have 4 months left to do it and got it at the beginning of the year. To be honest, although it is self directed I don't think we've had much guidance lol

How about you?
Ours is just a section of our essay so it's not that bad, I think it's preparing us for next year! We go out on community placements tomorrow, so our assignment is really about health promotion. Haven't looked at it yet, can't bring myself to since I just handed in my last assignment on Wednesday lol
oooh I get you! probably - defo sounds like it! Ha, brain ache defo gets to you after an assignment doesn't it!

Looking forward to your placement?
Reply 18
Heyyy,
I'm in my first year just coming to the end of my first placement and we've got to write a refelctive essay and I have no idea how to write reflectively. Has anybody got any advice please? :smile:
Original post by Twaffy
Heyyy,
I'm in my first year just coming to the end of my first placement and we've got to write a refelctive essay and I have no idea how to write reflectively. Has anybody got any advice please? :smile:

Hi Twaffy :smile:

Have you looked at reflective models such as Gibbs Model (1988) of reflection? It is what I have found, the easiest one to use but it depends on you!

What I have done is use good emotive language it's about how you felt and things you would do differently etc x:smile:

Quick Reply