The Student Room Group

The "reporters" at "The Sun" do it again

This is todays front page of "The Sun."

Spoiler

Not only is that completely bull**** as the killing of him wasn't done in the name of any of those or for revenge of any of those, but it's typical shoddy reporting from "The Sun."

So are they complete morons or just incompetant at half decent reporting?
Or both?

Because bear in mind this is most certainly not the first time the people at "The Sun" have made nonsensical over the top excitable headlines.

Scroll to see replies

Saw this last night on BBC News.

They're a joke, tbh.
Reply 2
People still read The Sun? Huh...
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
QFA

Great sig by the way :yy:
Reply 4
I had to do a triple-take when I saw that front page this morning.

Ridiculous.
whats the sun?!
Reply 6
Still not as good as Gotcha.

Spoiler

Sun's got a long way further to sink yet.
That paper disgusts me. Wouldn't wipe my arse with it.
Reply 8
Gadaffi had it coming.

+1 for the Sun
The phrase "that's for..." doesn't necessarily mean that is the reason for the killing. It's a gloat.

And considering this is the Sun, I don't see what the issue is? It's the sort of thing it's readers would like.
Reply 10
Dont like it, dont read it. Why complain? Its a newspaper there always full of crap...
I wondered why they had written this when I was looking at the papers earlier on.

Shocking reporting.
Original post by Drewski
Still not as good as Gotcha.

Spoiler

Sun's got a long way further to sink yet.

I thought they hit rock bottom with their front page about the Hillsborough.
That was a sham. Kelvin McKenzie ought to be ashamed of himself for that.

Original post by RyanT
Gadaffi had it coming.

+1 for the Sun

That's not the point though. Gadaffi's capture and death had nothing to do with any of those events mentioned on the front page of todays "The Sun" yet they make out like it is.
Original post by callum9999
The phrase "that's for..." doesn't necessarily mean that is the reason for the killing. It's a gloat.

It suggests that his killing and capture was done for those reasons, when it obviously wasn't.

And considering this is the Sun, I don't see what the issue is? It's the sort of thing it's readers would like.

Well I realise it's the sort of thing you'd come to expect from them, however once in a while they do something that is even more awful it's hard not to pass comment on it
Reply 14
Original post by thunder_chunky
I thought they hit rock bottom with their front page about the Hillsborough.
That was a sham. Kelvin McKenzie ought to be ashamed of himself for that.

I don't think The Sun reporters are aware of what a 'rock bottom' is.
Reply 15

If you had any idea about politics and journalism, you'd have noted that the Sun was picking up on David Cameron's short speech in which he said that yesterday was a day to remember the Lockerbie victims, Fletcher and the victims of the IRA who were armed by Gaddafi.

Maybe you'd be better reading the Guardian. I haven't checked, are they eulogising him? it's just that the left wing were sucking on the teat of Libya and Syria until very recently.
Original post by Drewski
I don't think The Sun reporters are aware of what a 'rock bottom' is.

I think you're right

Original post by Chindits
If you had any idea about politics and journalism, you'd have noted that the Sun was picking up on David Cameron's short speech in which he said that yesterday was a day to remember the Lockerbie victims, Fletcher and the victims of the IRA who were armed by Gaddafi.

There is an obvious difference between saying it is a time to remember the victims and saying his capture and death was as a result of those incidents.

Maybe you'd be better reading the Guardian. I haven't checked, are they eulogising him? it's just that the left wing were sucking on the teat of Libya and Syria until very recently.

When I read newspapers I read "The Times" and "The Independent."
Original post by Chindits

Were they? Please provide evidence to back this up.
Reply 18
Original post by Maccees
People still read The Sun? Huh...

Possibly the most influential publication in the UK. Scary huh?
Reply 19
Original post by thunder_chunky
I think you're right

There is an obvious difference between saying it is a time to remember the victims and saying his capture and death was as a result of those incidents.

They aren't saying the capture and death was as a result of those incidents, they're alluding to him deserving his comeuppance because of those incidents.

I thought that was fairly clear and find your need to create a thread about it rather baffling.

Quick Reply

Latest