Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University September 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jodieeee....
Hey guys!
I put Cardiff as my firm today!
I'm studying Optometry (Well i hope to anyway! Just need AAA!)
Just wanted to know whats going on with Accommodation!!
Can we apply yet? I went on the e:Vision Portal and it says I can do it once I put it as my firm... but i have. So either they havent processed my decision yet or its not open to apply??

Its so exciting!
Does anyone know where they want to live yet?
I really really really wanna stay in Talybont

From what I remember from last year when you firmed Cardiff you were sent an email with information to the accommodation application site. It usually is sent out around late feb/march time
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by NGC773
From what I remember from last year when you firmed Cardiff you were sent an email with information to the accommodation application site. It usually is sent out around late feb/march time

Ahh thankyou!
I just keep worrying I havent done something right and i'll miss it!!!
UCAS blocked my offer from Cardiff so I actually never received it, i had to ring up because i got a letter but no offer. So i'm just so worried about everything :L

If you applied last year... could you give me the details of the accommodation and where you stayed etc etc
Thankyouu
Got a conditional offer for City and Regional Planning, will probably be my insurance but still waiting to hear from Birmingham and Sheffield.
Reply 23
Original post by Ice-9
I applied to Cardiff for Biology with a preliminary year shortly before the UCAS deadline in January, and I've not heard anything yet either.

Wondering if you've heard anything back yet? Iv heard nothing, decided no news is good news :P
Ahh thankyou!
I just keep worrying I havent done something right and i'll miss it!!!
UCAS blocked my offer from Cardiff so I actually never received it, i had to ring up because i got a letter but no offer. So i'm just so worried about everything :L

If you applied last year... could you give me the details of the accommodation and where you stayed etc etc
Thankyouu

So is your offer on ucas now?

When applying for accomm you have to choose around 16? choices I think which is a lot and takes ages to decide them all!

I cannot stress enought but fill your choices up with Talybont rooms. You probably know theres 3 talybonts but everyone has different size rooms. Exhaust all Taly Court rooms then Taly South then Taly North.

Youll have a great time where ever you say. Court is more expensive but nicer rooms and kitchens whilst South is considered the party accommodation. All residences are very social, talybont south more so.
Original post by NGC773
So is your offer on ucas now?

When applying for accomm you have to choose around 16? choices I think which is a lot and takes ages to decide them all!

I cannot stress enought but fill your choices up with Talybont rooms. You probably know theres 3 talybonts but everyone has different size rooms. Exhaust all Taly Court rooms then Taly South then Taly North.

Youll have a great time where ever you say. Court is more expensive but nicer rooms and kitchens whilst South is considered the party accommodation. All residences are very social, talybont south more so.

Yeah it is, thank god. I've wanted to go to Cardiff for ages. I emailed general admissions at first and they said 'sorry the letter was a mistake, you dont have an offer' i was like WHAT NOOO =[ so i emailed optometry admissions and he rang me saying i have an offer etc etc and put it through on ucas again or something.
Yeah i read about how amazing talybont is and wondered if i could fill my choices with the different type of rooms so thats good. but! should i put the reduced rooms on the list even though theyre incredibly small??
also! are they any other places you would reccommend?? Just in case i dont get Talybont, i quite like the look of Seghennyd and Roy Jenkins...??
Yeah it is, thank god. I've wanted to go to Cardiff for ages. I emailed general admissions at first and they said 'sorry the letter was a mistake, you dont have an offer' i was like WHAT NOOO =[ so i emailed optometry admissions and he rang me saying i have an offer etc etc and put it through on ucas again or something.
Yeah i read about how amazing talybont is and wondered if i could fill my choices with the different type of rooms so thats good. but! should i put the reduced rooms on the list even though theyre incredibly small??
also! are they any other places you would reccommend?? Just in case i dont get Talybont, i quite like the look of Seghennyd and Roy Jenkins...??

Senghennyd would be my choice after the Talybonts. Possible Collum Hall. It entirely depends on you, reduced rooms are small but personally I would take a reduced over university halls..etc. You should be able to fill half of your choices with different talybont rooms. Aslong as you dont go through clearning or have to phone them up for an offer on resutls day the chances are high youll get a place in Taly
Reply 27
Original post by KayleeDawn
Wondering if you've heard anything back yet? Iv heard nothing, decided no news is good news :P

No, still nothing I'm afraid. I really hope I hear something soon as I'm going crazy with the waiting. I hope it means good news too. I was thinking about calling them but my brother works in admissions at another university and says they really really hate it when applicants call to enquire about their application status.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Ice-9
No, still nothing I'm afraid. I really hope I hear something soon as I'm going crazy with the waiting. I hope it means good news too. I was thinking about calling them but my brother works in admissions at another university and says they really really hate it when applicants call to enquire about their application status.

Yeah they will reply in their own time im sure :smile: does drive u mad though, iv gone over and over my personal statement making sure i sound like id be passionate enough for the course as there isnt really any grade to go on when ur applyiny for a preliminary year. out of interest why are u doing a preliminary year and what sort of experience have u had?
Reply 29
I'm applying as a mature student (I'm 32). I work in medical education (admin) but the hours are terrible and I just can't commit enough time to studying properly in the evenings. I've been considering this for a while though, and have no other commitments so decided to go for it while I still can. Shame the fees have just gone up (I'm from London). I don't have any academic qualifications other than my GCSEs from 15 year ago. You?
Reply 30
Oh nice :smile: Im 20, i studied fashion at college but didnt feel like it was right for me. Took 2 years out after college just to work but now i think im ready for uni. I dont have any experience other than the fact iv looked after animals my whole life. Hoping to work for a wildlife trust over the summer though
Reply 31
Hey guys!
I put Cardiff as my firm today!
I'm studying Optometry (Well i hope to anyway! Just need AAA!)
Just wanted to know whats going on with Accommodation!!
Can we apply yet? I went on the e:Vision Portal and it says I can do it once I put it as my firm... but i have. So either they havent processed my decision yet or its not open to apply??

Its so exciting!
Does anyone know where they want to live yet?
I really really really wanna stay in Talybont

i have firmed cardiff also, but i clicked apply for accommodation on the the link on the right of this page http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/residences/undergraduate/index.html

but it took me to the portal and i don't have a login?! any ideas how i get one?

Talybont looks good to me too!!
Original post by rachbeanz
i have firmed cardiff also, but i clicked apply for accommodation on the the link on the right of this page http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/residences/undergraduate/index.html

but it took me to the portal and i don't have a login?! any ideas how i get one?

Talybont looks good to me too!!

You should have been emailed your username and password to the e:tongue:ortal... I got mine in January.
At the moment i can apply for my accommodation, but when i go onto the link it only lets me apply for 2011/2012 Nursing I emailed them and they said it'll open late march. Talybont South is going as my first choice, what about you??

I've already made my list only because when i found out i could apply i panicked and chose it, then realised i couldnt. so i saved my list for when i can actually apply ;P what are you going to study??
Reply 33
You should have been emailed your username and password to the e:tongue:ortal... I got mine in January.
At the moment i can apply for my accommodation, but when i go onto the link it only lets me apply for 2011/2012 Nursing I emailed them and they said it'll open late march. Talybont South is going as my first choice, what about you??

I've already made my list only because when i found out i could apply i panicked and chose it, then realised i couldnt. so i saved my list for when i can actually apply ;P what are you going to study??

Hey thanks for your help, I found my login but it wont let me apply anyway. Oh well I'll just have to be patient :rolleyes: I want to put Talybont South too I think, not sure for definite yet. I am going to study Spanish :biggrin: can't wait! just hope i get the BBB i need
(edited 12 years ago)
Not sure yet... they have invited me to an open day with a free buffet though... they know the way to my heart! :tongue:
Original post by rachbeanz
Hey thanks for your help, I found my login but it wont let me apply anyway. Oh well I'll just have to be patient :rolleyes: I want to put Talybont South too I think, not sure for definite yet. I am going to study Spanish :biggrin: can't wait! just hope i get the BBB i need

Ahh good, i check everyday just to make sure :P
I'm sooo excited =]
Ooh spanish thats so exciting!
Reply 36
Gahh still nothing :frown: no open days, interviews nothing :'(
Reply 37
Original post by KayleeDawn
Gahh still nothing :frown: no open days, interviews nothing :'(

Don't panic :P they have to go through few thousands applications! No news is good news :P
Reply 38
Original post by Olush
Don't panic :P they have to go through few thousands applications! No news is good news :P

Drives u mad though haha
Reply 39
I made Cardiff my firm choice waaaaay back at the beginning of January and haven't received an email with login details on yet? Literally crying here; stress, stress, stress.

I'm thinking, anything Talybont or Allensbank.
I'm also worrying I won't get on with my flatmates :tongue: I think everyone does, though.

Hopefully we'll be alright in the enddddddddd.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending