The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Where do us mature students go haha? The Teesside Uni website doesn't make it clear, but I have an unconditional offer for Diagnostic Radiography so will need somewhere! :smile:
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by lizpop
Hey all! I've applied for Diagnostic Radiography and got my interview on the 18th Jan, eep!!! Anyone else out there?

Yay! I got an unconditional offer for Diagnostic Radiography :smile: Can't wait to start!
Reply 102
Original post by no1floro
Where do us mature students go haha? The Teesside Uni website doesn't make it clear, but I have an unconditional offer for Diagnostic Radiography so will need somewhere! :smile:

I'm not actually sure. I'll be 22 by September, so technically a mature student. But, I just assumed they shoved you all in together haha.

A general question I have is if anyone knows whether or not Teesside is going to have a mixed bunch of students, in regards to people from all over the country/world or is it mainly people from nearby. I only ask because I know absolutely no one who goes there, and it'd be a bit grim to find out that most people already know each other.
Reply 103
I was under the impression the allocate people based on course and interest. But the application was a little light on the information requested so may have an element of random.

I have firmed my unconditional offer for ODP Dip/HE for September 2012 XD
Accommodation application got sent today.
Reply 104
Yay! I got an unconditional offer for Diagnostic Radiography :smile: Can't wait to start!

Well done! I've got a conditional offer and put Teesside as my insurance choice. Is it your firm? When was your interview?
Reply 105
Original post by lizpop
Well done! I've got a conditional offer and put Teesside as my insurance choice. Is it your firm? When was your interview?

Congrats! :biggrin: My interview was in Feb I think? I was in the last lot of people to be interviewed but can't remember the exact date. Teesside is my firm yep, I had applied to Salford but got rejected and Cumbria is still trying to obtain my first degree transcript before they interview me? Haha! Where else have you applied?
Reply 106
Original post by Mr R
I'm not actually sure. I'll be 22 by September, so technically a mature student. But, I just assumed they shoved you all in together haha.

A general question I have is if anyone knows whether or not Teesside is going to have a mixed bunch of students, in regards to people from all over the country/world or is it mainly people from nearby. I only ask because I know absolutely no one who goes there, and it'd be a bit grim to find out that most people already know each other.

Ahh! I can't imagine living in Halls again, it was bad enough distraction from doing any work the first time haha! As for other students, most of the people I met at the interviews for my course were fairly local or at least from areas like Newcastle and North Yorkshire. I'm sure it will be pretty mixed though. What have you applied for?
Hey
I have just firmed my unconditional offer for Teesside so excited! I am a "mature" student also and will be applying for halls. Still waiting for my accommodation application yet though. I am not from the area and I think they do group people together according to age/interests etc. Cant wait!
Reply 108
Original post by BillyBoots
Hey
I have just firmed my unconditional offer for Teesside so excited! I am a "mature" student also and will be applying for halls. Still waiting for my accommodation application yet though. I am not from the area and I think they do group people together according to age/interests etc. Cant wait!

I'm glad I'm not the only mature applying for halls then! Where are you from?
I'm glad I'm not the only mature applying for halls then! Where are you from?

I am from Liverpool. From what I hear there is a good mix in halls from previous years ranging from about 20 -35. Where are you from?
Reply 110
I'm from Newcastle :smile: I thought about staying up here and driving to Tees every morning but I think that would kill me so halls it is!
Hi,

I'm currently studying at Tees and we have a Facebook group for new freshers and a couple current students to join. You can add your name to the course, find roomates etc. and meet everyone at uni.

This years has only just started up so they'll only be a few members but last years group had over 1500 members so join :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/213162642124941/
Reply 112
Congrats! :biggrin: My interview was in Feb I think? I was in the last lot of people to be interviewed but can't remember the exact date. Teesside is my firm yep, I had applied to Salford but got rejected and Cumbria is still trying to obtain my first degree transcript before they interview me? Haha! Where else have you applied?

Are you doing the postgraduate course or the full degree? What was your degree in? There's always more that they want! I applied to Sheffield Hallam, Teesside, Bradford, Liverpool and UWE. Sheffield Hallam's my firm choice.
Reply 113
Ahh! I can't imagine living in Halls again, it was bad enough distraction from doing any work the first time haha! As for other students, most of the people I met at the interviews for my course were fairly local or at least from areas like Newcastle and North Yorkshire. I'm sure it will be pretty mixed though. What have you applied for?

I can imagine, how old will you be this time? I've applied for Film & Television production, got offered a place on the day. It surprised me as Teesside was my 5th choice, but on the day it really impressed me. How about you?
Reply 114
Original post by Mr R
I can imagine, how old will you be this time? I've applied for Film & Television production, got offered a place on the day. It surprised me as Teesside was my 5th choice, but on the day it really impressed me. How about you?

I'll be 23 when I start my course, which is Diagnostic Radiography. I was going to go to Salford but Teesside really impressed me when I went for my interview and I live in Newcastle so getting home will be easy :smile:
Reply 115
Original post by lizpop
Are you doing the postgraduate course or the full degree? What was your degree in? There's always more that they want! I applied to Sheffield Hallam, Teesside, Bradford, Liverpool and UWE. Sheffield Hallam's my firm choice.

My first degree was BMus Music so I've had to apply for the three year degree since music isn't exactly a science haha. And yep they always want more!
Sheffield is such a good city too! That's where I studied music.
I have a UCAS day for OT tomorrow at Teeside. Has anybody been to one recently? did you take all of yourcertificates and stuff?
Is anyone else regretting firming Teesside? :frown: Knew I should of waited!
Reply 118
I'll be 23 when I start my course, which is Diagnostic Radiography. I was going to go to Salford but Teesside really impressed me when I went for my interview and I live in Newcastle so getting home will be easy :smile:

I agree, I was very impressed by the quality of the Uni. Everyone's been negative about me going there, I just really want to show them around it so they can see how good it is, haha.

That's handy, I'm a Londoner living in Leeds so it's a bit of a journey for me either way ha.
Original post by BishopBasher
Anyone applying for Psychology and Counselling? Or accepted their offer for said course? Cant find anyone applying for it at any university :/ might be a lonely course... Thank yoouu :smile:

Hiya, I just right now accepted my offer for psychology at teeside, you are not alone! lol :smile: excited!!

Quick Reply

Latest