The Student Room Group

9 year old girl gives birth in china....

Scroll to see replies

This story is two years old...
Regardless of how old it is, it is still an awful thing to have happened.
Reply 22
For God's sake, I read the title as 'a year old girl'. In my head I was like "WHAAAAA????".

Still, this is pretty disgusting.
Reply 23
This is the daily mail people.
Reply 24
Original post by Origami Bullets
This story is two years old...

huh?! it was posted in yahoo 3 days ago :s-smilie:
Reply 25
Original post by Annie72
Poor girl!

Girls are growing up a lot earlier these days, and as a parent it worries me that there are some mums who will not tell their 9/10 yr old daughters anything!!.I used to be friends with such a woman, really annoyed me.My mum told me everything that I needed to know so that when I began my periods, they were'nt a shock to me.

Same here! it's the best way :smile:
Reply 26
GOOD GOD!!! :afraid:
Reply 27
Original post by ButterflyBell
Apparently she started menstruating at 12 months old..... 0.o I'm hoping there's a science genius student person to shine a light on the situation.

Original post by The Rainbow Man
It shouldn't be possible... they haven't even reached puberty yet... not that it's a good thing that they have obviously had sexual contact either. Both things are bad. Very bad. This is why I am dissapointed in the world today.

I'm no science genius, but it is indeed perfectly possible for the above situations to occur. Very early puberty is in fact documented in girls as young as seven years old and is a result of high amounts of estrogen flowing around. This could be as a result of diets (such as hormone-laden meat etc) and/or genes etc.
Reply 28
Original post by alphaman
I'm no science genius, but it is indeed perfectly possible for the above situations to occur. Very early puberty is in fact documented in girls as young as seven years old and is a result of high amounts of estrogen flowing around. This could be as a result of diets (such as hormone-laden meat etc) and/or genes etc.

Wow...
Reply 29
I've read about the 5 year old, Lina, before. Apparently she got her first period when she was 8 months old and was having them regularly by the time she was 3 years. She also developed breasts by the time she was 4 and when she had her c-section they found that her sexual organs were fully developed. They originally arrested her father as well as they thought he'd raped her, but they let him go because they didn't have enough evidence to support it. She's never told anyone who actually fathered her child, and a lot of people doubt that she even knows or remembers. It is a very sad story, and unfortunately it seems that most of the girls who have become mothers at a very young age (i.e. under the age of 10) is the result of them being raped by a family member.
Reply 30
Original post by Smoosh
I've read about the 5 year old, Lina, before. Apparently she got her first period when she was 8 months old and was having them regularly by the time she was 3 years. She also developed breasts by the time she was 4 and when she had her c-section they found that her sexual organs were fully developed. They originally arrested her father as well as they thought he'd raped her, but they let him go because they didn't have enough evidence to support it. She's never told anyone who actually fathered her child, and a lot of people doubt that she even knows or remembers. It is a very sad story, and unfortunately it seems that most of the girls who have become mothers at a very young age (i.e. under the age of 10) is the result of them being raped by a family member.

Such a shame they didn't have DNA testing in those days.
Reply 31
Hang on, have you seen the date on the article it says 2010....
huh?! it was posted in yahoo 3 days ago :s-smilie:

The article says 2010, and I remember seeing this story a while back. If it came up on your FB news feed then it should be noted that it's notorious for dragging up old stories - I've found some there from the mid 90s.
Reply 33
Original post by Origami Bullets
The article says 2010, and I remember seeing this story a while back. If it came up on your FB news feed then it should be noted that it's notorious for dragging up old stories - I've found some there from the mid 90s.

Oh heck, Now I didn't realise that! .... That said, I didn't post it for the time it happened, just purely for the story itself :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by JackieL
1. The story is old.

2. The Daily Fail has incorrectly stated that she was the youngest birth Mother. there have been younger girls, as young as 5 and 6, in the past who have given birth.

:erm: No it doesn't, it even features the five year old mother...
Reply 36
Same here! it's the best way :smile:

And I'd do the same if I had daughters.
Reply 37
Original post by thunder_chunky
Do you like posting old news articles?

Do you like asking questions that have already been explained in earlier posts? :smile:
Do you like asking questions that have already been explained in earlier posts? :smile:

Meh, I hadn't seen that when I posted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by thunder_chunky
Meh, I hadn't seen that when I posted.

I thought that would have been the case :wink:

Cool avatar btw x

Quick Reply