The Student Room Group

Do girls like virgins?

A thread to counter another one that's been around. Do most generally girls like virgins yes/no? Does it depend on their age, are they generally indifferent to it?

Discuss

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It depends.
If the guy was younger/the same age than me I'd prefer him to be a virgin.
If he was older than me I'd want him to have more experience.

But overall yes I like virgins. :3
These threads do my head in.

If you want to have sex with someone, be with someone and/or love someone, does it really matter if they are a virgin or not?!
When I met my boyfriend I couldn't have cared less if he were a virgin or not, everyone has a past!
Reply 3
Original post by 4RealBlud
A thread to counter another one that's been around. Do most generally girls like virgins yes/no? Does it depend on their age, are they generally indifferent to it?

I was talking to this girl and I said that she was my first Ukrainian (I was drunk, more drunk than usual, surprised I pulled her in my state tbh)... she was like "awww I'm honoured" so I guess if she liked it for nationalities she wouldn't of minded a virgin?

I don't think girls are like guys, if a guy is around the same age as them when they are in their late teens, early 20's I guess they wouldn't mind overall? :dontknow:
Reply 4
It would make me run a mile, I don't want that responsibility :s-smilie:
I think everyone has a similar stance with regards sexual promiscuity tbh. If you are relationshipping then the less sexual partners, the better (which for some means being a virgin) - no-one wants the village bike. If it is for casual sex, no strings attached, then virginity is not a desirable quality because it's considered an emotional responsability for the other person.
Reply 6
Yes, because I would like to know my man hasn't been everywhere. Andddd I dunno, i'd just like it.
I also wouldn't want him to have more experience than me. But it might be frustrating if he didn't really know what he was doing.
I guess it doesn't really matter. As long as I like the person, I shouldn't really care.
Reply 7
Original post by Vikki1805

If you want to have sex with someone, be with someone and/or love someone, does it really matter if they are a virgin or not?!
When I met my boyfriend I couldn't have cared less if he were a virgin or not, everyone has a past!

I literally made this thread to counter another one here. I'm not insecure or anything, but was just interested to know
Reply 8

No need to be *smart* if your going to give an answer anyway
Original post by 4RealBlud
I literally made this thread to counter another one here. I'm not insecure or anything, but was just interested to know

Well my answer is, it makes no difference to me whether someone is a virgin or not, only teenage boys and girls care about that sort of thing usually.

Original post by Moneys
No need to be *smart* if your going to give an answer anyway

What?
Reply 10
Well my answer is, it makes no difference to me whether someone is a virgin or not, only teenage boys and girls care about that sort of thing usually.

What?

Oh, you dumb as well as ugly
It doesn't bother me either way :smile:

Uh why has this been negged? Surely it's better to love the person for who they are rather than have a preference whether they are a virgin or not... :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Sweet_Heart
I think everyone has a similar stance with regards sexual promiscuity tbh. If you are relationshipping then the less sexual partners, the better (which for some means being a virgin) - no-one wants the village bike. If it is for casual sex, no strings attached, then virginity is not a desirable quality because it's considered an emotional responsability for the other person.

Well that's new to me. I heard somewhere else that girls would prefer a more sexually experienced partner, because it'd be more fun :confused:
Original post by Anonymous
Well that's new to me. I heard somewhere else that girls would prefer a more sexually experienced partner, because it'd be more fun :confused:

That really depends on the girl. Girls that have already had sex would probably prefer a more experienced partner, HOWEVER, if they are looking for a relationship, virginity really isn't going to factor in. I only think virginity matters if someone is looking for no strings attached sex. Decent people don't care about that sort of thing.
I don't really mind if the guy's a virgin or not tbh. A couple of my ex's were. Being a virgin isn't a bad thing, so why'd it matter?
Reply 15
Tbh it's not a bit deal for me. I would say that I'd prefer someone more experienced, but really that's because I'd have no idea what I'm doing (I'm a virgin). The guy being a virgin isn't off-putting though, especially if we're in love. :smile:
Reply 16
The answer to this question depends entirely on the age of the respondent and their own experience..

Teens + low/no experience = "yay virgins!"
Woman + experience = "hmmm.."

Personally, relationship experience is more important to me than sexual experience. Sexual tricks can be learned but emotional maturity is something built up through experience. I don't want to have to deal with the "first love" problems like possessiveness, jealousy, insecurity, coldness etc. So I'd prefer a man who has learned to know and control his own mind and heart prior to meeting me. And that will involve having participated in adult, sexual, committed relationships prior.

I'm not looking for a virgin and would be very hesitant to become involved with one. The age range I date in means that 99.9% will not be virgins. If they are, it's likely to be because of religious beliefs, or emotional, intimacy or physical issues. I can't stand religion, I'm not looking to be a therapist, and I want a healthy sex life without the added pressure.. So no, thank you.
Someone said it doesn't make a difference whether he's virgin or not. Come on, it does make a difference. Virgins are ok when the girl is virgin as well and both discover and learn about sex at the same time. Well, at least if the guy is virgin you can teach him from the very beginning how you like sex, but yet is a huge responsibility I think :tongue: I'd say for a non-virgin girl its always better to find some experienced guy.
Im a female aged 24 and I like virgins :dontknow: it's hot.
Reply 19
Real world girls don't like guys with no experience.

Quick Reply

Latest