AQA French Listening 14th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
For the food section I got;
Curry - too hot
Tart - too much sugar
Steak - not cooked enough
Dessert - too much cream

I know I got curry wrong, I got completely mixed up and just put down the most logical thing I could think of.
God these people are fussy. ;D
Reply 161
and for the mattress man question i put that he works in a factory to ensure people get a good night's sleep.
Original post by Mehroze1
and for the mattress man question i put that he works in a factory to ensure people get a good night's sleep.

good me too! Good luck on thursday!
Reply 163
What did they say in the first question? I now know that it was homelessness, but I got quite mixed up with some of the language and put down domestic violence :angry:. Ironically, it was the only question I really struggled on
Reply 164
Original post by milworthy
good me too! Good luck on thursday!

haha yeah you too!!
Reply 165
Original post by Nomes24
For the steak one I got "trop dure" so I got too hard... you know like from hard drugs are les drogues dures... so yeah I think it was overcooked/too hard.
I put factory as well, he sold them to furniture shops for his company I think?
The camping and girlfriend boyfriend relationship one was hard :/
Oh well guess we'll see in August..:smile:

Tell me you didn't answer the written questions in french, cause your meant to reply in english :/
Original post by Wawasan
What did they say in the first question? I now know that it was homelessness, but I got quite mixed up with some of the language and put down domestic violence :angry:. Ironically, it was the only question I really struggled on

I think it was racism
i wrongly put overcooked for the steak one, why would a French person say their steak was undercooked? THEY'RE FRENCH!
Reply 168
I think it was racism

That was the second one I thought, because of the quote about a black person not being allowed in a hotel or something
My whole class thought is was really hard. I'm undecided. There were more written questions than on the past papers right?

I found it most stressful when the first one played, I had no idea LOL. I think I put homelessness, and then for the second one racism because I'm pretty sure she said that this hotel were not letting black people rent rooms. I thought only two questions on the first page was quite odd.

I can't remember them all in order, but I'll say the ones I remember.

With the jobs one, I remember putting C. I can't remember what it was, but the other ones were a shop assistant and that he works all year, which I'm pretty sure were false. For the second part I said he likes working with children, it was definitely not that it was well paid, but I wasn't sure that it wasn't that he didn't get presents, because I definitely heard 'cadeux', but I thought it was that he gave them presents or something (LOL pedo). For the second girl I put that she has wanted to do her job for a long time. I have no doubts on this one. I put that she did not like the clothes, I am certain on this too because she said her boss is (gentile) and that the pay is 'bon' but she said that she doesn't like her clothes as she has to wear them all night.

For the other jobs page I put that he worked in a factory, I was pretty sure on this but my friends got different answers. I definitely heard 'fabriquer les lits' and I'm pretty sure that he said they send them to furniture shops and hotels, but they have to be really careful with the hotel beds and has to test that they are comfortable so that the guests get a good night's sleep. Hence I thought the second part was to make sure they had a good nights sleep. With the girl, I'm sure she said she was the envy of all her friends for a). I can't remember b) though.

With the question about the party, I can't remember what I put, but I think I got them right, they were quite easy.

The food question went ok. The curry was too spicy. She said she needed more to drink and she only ate a bit too. Also the tart was not sweet enough. I have no idea about the steak and everyone I asked put a different answer. I put it was dry, but it was a complete guess. Everyone else seems to have said it was too rare, lol failed :s. The cake had too much cream I think.

As I said the only ones that were really hard to me were the two written ones. The one with the guy who went on holiday with his daughter, I got that she did not want to go because it always rains, I think she said something about her friends going camping and it being noisy but I really didn't know. For the second part I hadn't a clue. In the end I put that he had a bad holiday/traffic was bad/ he felt alone and for the last part I put his daughter went to stay in a hotel and he had to pay a lot. I did hear something of the sort, but I wasn't sure.

For the last question, I put that she broke up with him last Wednesday. I definitely heard last Wednesday but the breaking up was a stab in the dark. I put as a reason that they had different interests. A complete guess, I had no idea. For the last bit, I said that he was going to try and change, but didn't know if he could, and that he regretted it and cried (I heard the pleut or some sort of the verb pluvais, and I think that is used for crying). I did hear parts of all the answers for the last bit, but they were are really guesses.

I can't remember the answers to the Africa bit.

That's all I can remember of the questions. Writing this is actually making me feel like I did better than I thought.

Anyway about the boundaries, a couple of years ago it was 26/40 for an A* and 30/40 for full UMS. Personally, I thought this was harder, so I hope around mid 20s?

I know this is long, but I needed to blurt it out, I've been really worried about how it went and I wanted to know from others exactly what they got, so yeah :smile:
Original post by Wawasan
That was the second one I thought, because of the quote about a black person not being allowed in a hotel or something

There were only two questions. Yes sorry I misread your post. To clarify:
The first was homlessness
The second was racism
Reply 171
The second was racism

Ok Thanks. What exactly did they say on the first question? I couldn't really understand lol
Reply 172
I put homelessness for the first one, then changed it to famine. -.-
I always get the first question wrong in a panic.
Reply 173
he worked in a factory (source- French teacher who is also my mother :wink: )
Original post by Wawasan

The second was racism
Right guys i know that for question 1 it was homelessness and racism.
I also know that for the food ones it was something similar to..
Curry: Cold
Tart: Too sugary
Steak: rare
Dessert: too much cream.
I also know that for man and woman's jobs, he enjoyed his job- i happen to know he said the pay was NOT GOOD but he liked the children part.
The woman.. i can't rememebr the first part but i know for a fact that she was influenced.
For the mali one i think i put the one about wood needing for food and something else i cant remember..
THE BIG DEBATE THOUGH IS.. WAS IT A FACTORY OR A FURNITURE SHOP?! please tell me which one is right guys!
Oh wow i FLOPPED
Reply 177
The second was racism

But what did they (as in the speaker) say about the homeless?
Original post by Wawasan
But what did they (as in the speaker) say about the homeless?

I can't remember-but i was pretty sure of it.
Genuinely questioning why i put down some of the answers i did. :eek: Dear god, let the grade boundries be low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending