The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Barden
One's genes don't change in one's lifetime.

The only genes you have are those you are born with, and these are the only ones you can pass on.

I'll use oxen as an example of why you are wrong. If you work an ox hard throughout its life, resulting it being more muscular than if it had been left alone in the wild, it's offspring will be no more likely to be more muscular. Genes cannot be altered.

However, if you take two oxen which are naturally more muscular than average, because of their genes, then their offspring will have a greater chance of being of above average strength.

Go and read up about genetics instead of arguing with a zoologist about it...

Epigenetics...
Reply 81
This thread is hilarious - interesting to here about the perspective of a certain region being the home of talent rather than a race as a whole, never thought of it that way.
Original post by fudgesundae
Epigenetics...

Pedanticism...

...and not even remotely applicable...
Original post by Barden
Pedanticism...

...and not even remotely applicable...

I know, I agree with what you wrote in your post. I don't even know what epigenetics really is :tongue:
Reply 84
Original post by katyness
LOL. I ran out of reps but that made my day :biggrin:

Lighten up, it's clearly a joke :smile:

and since when is racism something to joke about?
no
Original post by fudgesundae
I know, I agree with what you wrote in your post. I don't even know what epigenetics really is :tongue:

Then how did you know to post it??? :s-smilie:
Original post by Barden
Then how did you know to post it??? :s-smilie:

Oh I have just come across them before in passing, I kind of have a very crude idea of what they are, but nothing too in depth.
Reply 87
cus police
Reply 88
Saw this in A-level PE. They have different muscle fibres than the "whites".
Original post by J1994D
all the slow ones are in jail...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL damn thats a good one!
Reply 90
Depends which sport you're talking about, tbh. You should specify athletics if you want there to be any worth to this thread, otherwise swimmers'll point out that it just ain't so.
Original post by theoferdinand
Centuries of HARD FACKING LABOUR , Made to work like dogs by whites , thats why we tend to have the more "athletic" bodies aswell

This would only apply to African Americans and people from the Caribbean as their ancestors went through slavery. It doesn't explain Kenya or the rest of Africa where the people there do not descend from slaves (or otherwise they wouldn't be in Africa)
Reply 92
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol

Nick Griffin and Malcolm X the same? Good one.

Exactly.

Nice counter argument you have there. Malcolm X, was by all accounts far more racist than Nick Griffin.
Reply 93
Ironic how they sprint extremely well(requiring strong legs) but can't swim. Or is that just a myth?
Reply 94
Original post by narusku
It's a shame that you're one day going to pollute the gene pool...

My husband is black and he thought it was funny
Original post by Steevee
Nice counter argument you have there. Malcolm X, was by all accounts far more racist than Nick Griffin.

No way was he. Malcolm X fought for equality, I don't care what he said when in the NOI, as he said he didn't speak for himself and his goal was different to that of Griffin, I am not a supporter of the NOI and find the likes of Farrakhan crazy as bat**** anyway, plus he later compared his role in the NOI to that of a zombie and like said earlier in the thread, most of what he said was factual and not opinionative. He apologised to whites for any offense caused upon completing Hajj and converting to Sunni Islam.

Now compare that to Nick Griffin who proposes the following:

We accept that Britain always will have ethnic minorities and have no problem with this as long as they remain minorities

So basically, blacks can stay as long as there's a small number and Britain remains white. :rolleyes:

We will put British people first in their own country

Given his definition of British, this means white people will be treated better than blacks or other ethnic minorities. If that is not racism I don't know what is.

Oh and:

This is going off-topic considering the thread is about sprinters. IF you wish to continue this my inbox is empty.
Original post by snozzle
Has anyone actually succeeded in defining what is the difference between 'black' and 'white'?

Oh shut up you nerd, you know what we mean by 'white people' and 'black people', stop trying to act all smart.
Hmmm, bigger bone density. Yet the silly life insurance company uses B.M.I to assess all races. We are different genetically, maybe small but goes to show the physical differences are clearly visible.
Original post by Nightstar-27
This would only apply to African Americans and people from the Caribbean as their ancestors went through slavery. It doesn't explain Kenya or the rest of Africa where the people there do not descend from slaves (or otherwise they wouldn't be in Africa)

Thats a point .
hmm don't know what too say .
Maybe it has something to do with the humidity of where we live .
Original post by Wilfred Little
You're white aren't you?

Yes, and your point is?

I'm not a fan of racial supremacists, white or black. I fail to see what my race has to do with that opinion; opposition to extremism is one thing that should be quite easy for people of all races and nations to share.

Latest