The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aefli
What exam board are you doing it with?

Edexcel :smile: Is yours mixed or single?
Original post by CJG21
You can't have 'team building activities' and 'fun' in the same sentence. It's like going: 'Yo. I got mugged and it was fun.'

Errr...if you say so...
Original post by usycool1
Errr...if you say so...

No this is how you do it, if somesome says that to you buddy :biggrin:

@CJG21
'team building activities' are fun'

:colone:
Original post by blueray
No this is how you do it, if somesome says that to you buddy :biggrin:

@CJG21
'team building activities' are fun'

:colone:

Got it, boss :tongue: And congrats on the subscription! :biggrin:
Original post by usycool1
Got it, boss :tongue: And congrats on the subscription! :biggrin:

Haha thanks :biggrin:
Reply 9165
Original post by blueray
Edexcel :smile: Is yours mixed or single?

Mixed? I think, I'm not sure what you mean....

Ah I do AQA UK politics first year, US Politics second year. It was challenging but not to difficult if you revise well you are likely to get a good grade. The second half is apparently much harder as you have no "background" knowledge on the US as you do in the UK. Is that what you will be studying too?
Reply 9166
Original post by CJG21
You can't have 'team building activities' and 'fun' in the same sentence. It's like going: 'Yo. I got mugged and it was fun.'

:giggle: this made me laugh. I do agree up to a point however the military once came into our school and those team building activities were fun. The rest were not.
Original post by aefli
Mixed? I think, I'm not sure what you mean....

Ah I do AQA UK politics first year, US Politics second year. It was challenging but not to difficult if you revise well you are likely to get a good grade. The second half is apparently much harder as you have no "background" knowledge on the US as you do in the UK. Is that what you will be studying too?

As in boys and girls? :smile:

Mine is:
Unit 1 People and Politics
Unit 2 Governing the UK
Unit 3 Key Themes in Political Analysis
Unit 4 Extended Themes in Political Analysis

ps you should watch code geass, it only 50 episodes (2 seasons) :biggrin:
Reply 9168
Original post by blueray
As in boys and girls? :smile:

Mine is:
Unit 1 People and Politics
Unit 2 Governing the UK
Unit 3 Key Themes in Political Analysis
Unit 4 Extended Themes in Political Analysis

ps you should watch code geass, it only 50 episodes (2 seasons) :biggrin:

I do the same (or similar) first two units. They are the best two! So far anyway. :wink:

I haven't ever heard of it, what is it about?
Original post by aefli
I do the same (or similar) first two units. They are the best two! So far anyway. :wink:

I haven't ever heard of it, what is it about?

Pmed :biggrin: Too long to explain here

You can watch it here :smile:

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/code-geass-lelouch-rebellion-english-dubbed-online-free
Hi guys, sorry for intruding but me and some other people from the Current Year 10 Thread were wondering when you lot were planning on changing the thread into the Current Year 12 thread and moving it into the A-Level section. We thought it would be best to co-ordinate as we don't want two Year 11 threads at once or anything like that :tongue: We were thinking of changing it either on results day (23 August) or on the 1st of September. What do you guys think? :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Hi guys, sorry for intruding but me and some other people from the Current Year 10 Thread were wondering when you lot were planning on changing the thread into the Current Year 12 thread and moving it into the A-Level section. We thought it would be best to co-ordinate as we don't want two Year 11 threads at once or anything like that :tongue: We were thinking of changing it either on results day (23 August) or on the 1st of September. What do you guys think? :smile:

I'll answer this from a mod's point of view. What I was going to do was allow this thread to reach 10k posts and then allow them to make a thread in A level afterwards.
Original post by Loz17
I'll answer this from a mod's point of view. What I was going to do was allow this thread to reach 10k posts and then allow them to make a thread in A level afterwards.

That seems sensible :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 9173
Original post by Alexx53
Our school makes us have two weeks work experience. And if we don't organise any we have to go in and help out the caretakers :s-smilie:

Our school made us do that in year ten, haha.
Reply 9174
Original post by blueray
Only add maths ocr

Oh cool, I did further maths. :-)

Original post by CharlieBoardman
I've also got the Bio books. However, I don't plan to use them till September - it is easier to self teach maths than science funnily enough! It's easier to pick up mistakes in sciences :smile: I did the FSMQ course which covers a lot of concepts from AS maths :smile:

I'm only going over some basic stuff like organelles, I'm not crazy enough to self teach myself a science, haha. ;D
Oh cool, I did the further maths one, it covered a lot of a-level - including something in a2 level futher maths, haha.
Reply 9175
Original post by Deziah
Our school made us do that in year ten, haha.

Same. I managed to get into a barristers chambers and ended up having a really good time! So no caretaking stuff for me. Azda was for the ones who didn't show any motivation. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by xAlice95
Mines tonight too :biggrin: mines at a big house place near where I live. My friend was going to have an after party, but then the college we're going to in September decided to have there induction day tomorrow so we have to get up really early! -__- so now my friends having one tomorrow night instead lol xx

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Awww cute! How was yours? Xx

This was posted from The
Pandora.
:biggrin:

Wow, that was tense! :biggrin:

Happy with the result though :smile:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Deziah
Oh cool, I did further maths. :-)

I'm only going over some basic stuff like organelles, I'm not crazy enough to self teach myself a science, haha. ;D
Oh cool, I did the further maths one, it covered a lot of a-level - including something in a2 level futher maths, haha.

further maths at gcse? :gah:
Original post by Loz17

Ooh, I'm not a regular on this thread but I very much like the idea of posting in A-Levels.

Latest