The Student Room Group

Durham medical school 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by AZ1234
No its not compulsory, if you explain your situation to the residence officers you should be ok. They will be in touch with you soon about your accommodation arrangements.

Ok thanks. Do you know if many graduates do live in halls? And if they do, is it with other graduates or is everyone mixed in? I'm not that old - 24 - but that's still 6 years older than school leavers.
Reply 561
Hi, i'm trying to decide between exeter and durham. I just wanted to know whether, due to the way the campus is not in durham, your friends are limited to medics?
Also, I did not book the tour before as I was pessimistic towards getting an offer, (and I know this quite vague), but could you tell me what the learning facilities are like, the building looked really modern so I assumed they would be good.
Original post by tenbo
Hi, i'm trying to decide between exeter and durham. I just wanted to know whether, due to the way the campus is not in durham, your friends are limited to medics?
Also, I did not book the tour before as I was pessimistic towards getting an offer, (and I know this quite vague), but could you tell me what the learning facilities are like, the building looked really modern so I assumed they would be good.

Hi, I wouldn't say friends are limited to only medics as you make some friends who live in your halls and in your college who are doing different courses. If you have any questions about comparison about areas or anything then just ask, I am from Exeter and I study at Durham medical school :smile:
Reply 563
Original post by SophieM123
Hi, I wouldn't say friends are limited to only medics as you make some friends who live in your halls and in your college who are doing different courses. If you have any questions about comparison about areas or anything then just ask, I am from Exeter and I study at Durham medical school :smile:

Thank you, I would definitely like a comparison of the areas!
Also do you think I can get a tour of Durham this late?
Reply 564
Original post by tenbo
Thank you, I would definitely like a comparison of the areas!
Also do you think I can get a tour of Durham this late?

You can go to the Pre-Application open day in July.. but in terms of a tour before making any decisions I would say probably not an official one.. no harm in ringing up and trying though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a small question about the course at Durham

So the first two years happen at Durham and the second stage at Newcastle.. does this mean that we would be working with med students from Newcastle in the third year? And does this mean that we could (if we wanted to) decide to live in Newcastle for the second stage or is it that we have to remain in Durham?

I'd really like to know before I firm my choices.. thanks in advance!
Reply 566
Original post by clearlyasian
I have a small question about the course at Durham

So the first two years happen at Durham and the second stage at Newcastle.. does this mean that we would be working with med students from Newcastle in the third year? And does this mean that we could (if we wanted to) decide to live in Newcastle for the second stage or is it that we have to remain in Durham?

I'd really like to know before I firm my choices.. thanks in advance!

It is only a requirement to live in student halls for the first year. After that you can live wherever you want to live! Your travel time and distance is obviously your choice to make.

Yes both both sets of students integrate as one after the second year. :smile:
Any offer holders who are on a gap year. We were asked to send original certificates to the university.

How do you plan to do this? As i'm a a bit cautious to send them in the post in case they get lost.
Original post by MrAli786
Any offer holders who are on a gap year. We were asked to send original certificates to the university.

How do you plan to do this? As i'm a a bit cautious to send them in the post in case they get lost.

Certified photocopy
Original post by Crusaderofdeath
Certified photocopy

Have you asked them if they will accept them?
Hi ! a little help ! not sure whether to apply to Durham, im struggling to see the point if med students just get sent to newcastle and graduate at newcastle anyway? what's the point of going to durham? are there any advantages, or does it not matter ?
Hi,
Ukcat score 697.5
5A*'s, 4A,1B
good chance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending