The Student Room Group

What did you do for your 18th birthday?

My 18th birthday is coming up in October and I want to do something but I have no idea what! I want to invite about 40+ of my friends but I don't know what to do. So I want to know what other people did for their 18ths and see if I can get any ideas :smile: If you have any suggestions, please tell!

So, what did you do for your 18th?

Edit: I'd just like to add that my friends are all relatively sensible and all girls (I go to an all girls school) so I don't know if a house party would be boring? :s-smilie:

Double edit: If anyone's wondering what I did for my 18th...nothing! :p:
The actual story is that there was a family tragedy only a week before so I definitely didn't want a party but 3 of my best friends came round to my house and brought me loads of party stuff and loads of family friends came round and my grandparents and uncle were there as well and we all had Dominoes pizza and played Articulate so it was actually quite nice :smile: And I got a birthday card signed by everyone in my year and people were so lovely to me. It was only the second day I'd been back at school. Although I was really, really upset that day, I actually had a really nice birthday :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Since I was 18 before my friends we couldn't go out to clubs, so my friends came round and I had a 2 hour limo party round london then TGI's ,was very fun best birthday by far.
Reply 2
revised for A2 exams (my birthday was the day before biology :frown:)
If you want a suggestion though my friend had a foam party, that was pretty cool
another friend organized a trip to alton towers but most people I know just wanted to go clubbing for the first time
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
My birthday's in October too so I'm older than a lot of my friends. It was too cold to do much outside so went for a pub meal with college mates and old school friends.
Had my A level exams :sadnod:

The best part was going to an Indian Buffet restaurant with a load of family and then drinking in the garden/ in town for the next 14 hours... sunshine + cider = funtimes.
I also went out with friends but some of them hadn't turned 18 so the best we could manage was dressing up as cowgirls - don't ask - and going out for... curry :s-smilie: again.

The best birthdays I had were my 16th & 17th where my mum just threw me house parties with bbqs, karaoke, way too much beer + anyone who fancied turning up :yep:
Reply 5
Original post by bbq1948
revised for A2 exams (my birthday was the day before biology :frown:)
If you want a suggestion though my friend had a foam party, that was pretty cool
another friend organized a trip to alton towers but most people I know just wanted to go clubbing for the first time

Aw unlucky! Where did they have the foam party? That sounds quite cool. I'm thinking of inviting about 40 people so do you think a foam party would be fun with that many?
Me and my best friend at the time did a jont thing. We went out for dinner with loads of people to a restaurant in the city centre and then went and did bars and cocktails before going to a club. Pretty standard really. It was good because we were the last people in our friendship group to turn 18, so everyone could (legally) come.
Mine is in March so still a while away, but I'll probably go out for a meal with my friends, and then again with my family. AND MAYBE I'll go on a night out with friends too ahah.
Reply 8
Stayed at my boyfriends. :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by S_123
My 18th birthday is coming up in October and I want to do something but I have no idea what! I want to invite about 40+ of my friends but I don't know what to do. So I want to know what other people did for their 18ths and see if I can get any ideas :smile: If you have any suggestions, please tell!

So, what did you do for your 18th?

I had a party where I hired out a social club with a friend and invited a load of our friends. It was just music. Didn't go very well for me, and to be honest I wasn't happy with the arrangements beforehand- I didn't go together with the 'joint' friend as well as I'd hoped.

So I guess my advice from that is don't do a joint thing unless you're absolutely sure you have the same ideas!

And try looking for somewhere to hire, maybe do a buffet thing and music. Remember to discuss with them the fact that there will be under 18s there- it may be that you just have to give them a guest list with who's under 18 beforehand and they're fine with it, but some places will have different licenses that won't allow it.

xxx
Reply 10
Original post by S_123
Aw unlucky! Where did they have the foam party? That sounds quite cool. I'm thinking of inviting about 40 people so do you think a foam party would be fun with that many?

They rented a hall and hired a foam machine and DJ.
Yeah, I think there were around that many people at her's and it was pretty awesome. Everyone was having foam fights and dancing in the foam, even the people who are normally too shy.

just did a google search to try and find the name of the foam hire she used and I found a place that does pink foam or uv foam :biggrin:
http://www.fxhire.co.uk/pink-foam-party-hire.html
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 11
My boyfriend took me to paris :biggrin: and then when i got back I arranged for a load of my friends to meet in the local weatherspoons and then we went out clubbing :smile:
i was on holiday for mine, as i was in summer camp my friends through a surprise party :party:
since their were ppl from different countries they sang happy birthday in their languages which was cool. then got the most biggest and amazing ice cream ever :drool: then went out in town :biggrin:
Reply 13
had a house party as most my friends were still 17 at the time
Reply 14
I got about 15 people round for a nice summer bbq and got high and drunk as hell. After about 11pm I was totalled out and threw up so heavily the capillaries in my head burst so i had loads of red lines and dots on my face the next day.

....awesome birthday though, nothing too fancy or major, just a good chill :smile:
Reply 15
i turned 18 before most of my friends so i couldnt go clubbing like i wanted to :frown: so instead i went to a nice restaurant with a dancefloor, music started around 10.30pm so it was like going clubbing anyway :smile: best birthday to date <3
Nothing special. Had some family around the day before and then went to the cinema and had a meal at Wetherspoons on the actual day.
I took ten of my close friends and family out for a meal at a fancy restaurant and had a pleasant evening of fine dining.
I honestly can't remember... And sadly that's not because I was so drunk :tongue: damn being an october baby, at least results day was celebrated in style.
Nothing :/
I was really ill, so I stayed in bed for like a fortnight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending