The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Am i the only one who is actually on the same page as my parents ....
This is going to sound so pathetic but i don't even bother asking my parents to go out because to be frank i don't really want to . At the prime going out hours ( friday and satruday night) theres just so much haram stuff going on i don't really know why you'd want to expose yourself to it . I suppose it depends where you want to go ....
I know what people mean when they say i wish my parents would just trust me. They probably do its just all the other wierdos they're worried about. I say that because my parents would be okay with me going out if they knew the people i was going out with
Original post by Dee Leigh
I don't usually like the stuff you say, but this time I actually agree with you. If you are overbearing and controlling then you will push them away into the wrong direction. I've seen it happen a number of times. That's why (from what I see) some Asian girls rebel, because they don't want to be controlled, they want a life and being overly controlled drives them more to the 'negative' aspects of Western culture and away from Islamic principles - e.g. sex before marriage, binge drinking, etc.

:eek:

And here was me thinking you were my biggest fans :frown:
Original post by Cesar Lecat
:eek:

And here was me thinking you were my biggest fans :frown:

Omg soz lol :eek: what made you think that?
Reply 103
Original post by itzme
salam guys,
if you get kıds, would you REALLY be ok with them goint out at night and clubbing? Wouldn't you be protective and want to preserve them from bad influences? We all know what stuff people do in clubs etc.... Stop kidding yourselves. Not half of you will let your sons and daughters do the stuff you've written down.
there comes a point where every parent has to let their children live their own lives, make their own choices, and go their own way. if you try to prevent grown children from doing what they want to do, and what they enjoy doing, then you will cause resentment, create tension, and damage your relationship.
Original post by Besakt
My parents are pretty relaxed about me and my sisters about going out. We don't have any curfews. I should also mention my parents are pretty strict Muslims but it may just be the fact that they trust us alot.

I'm 17 if that matters.

..and your a guy. Unfortunately same rules don't usually apply with girls.
Reply 105
Original post by chocoholic.
..and your a guy. Unfortunately same rules don't usually apply with girls.

I said me and my sisters.
Original post by Med_Geek
I agree with you on this :smile: My parents have been quite strict on me, in terms of going out etc, but I'm glad that they were like that. If I had been left to my own devices, I'd probably be a druggie or a teenage mum (with the environment in school and with my friends), but they've always been against letting me go out extremely late, or letting me hang around with guys (I only speak to them in class, I don't have any of the guys from school on facebook or anything). Before you guys ask, my parents aren't overly religious in the sense that the women are forced to take hijab and aren't allowed to step foot outside the house. My parents have given my sisters and I the freedom to be as religious as we want in terms of prayer and clothing, however, they have always been against the traditionally forbidden stuff like alcohol, pre marital sex, and so we too are against that kind of thing. I'm happy that my parents took that decision to be strict on us girls, or god knows what could have happened under peer pressure and what not.

Indeed, god knows what could have happened to you if you'd be allowed to have freedom!:eek:

Everyone who has freedom to go out a lot ends up as a druggie or a teenage mum, can you believe it??
Original post by itzme
salam guys,
if you get kıds, would you REALLY be ok with them goint out at night and clubbing? Wouldn't you be protective and want to preserve them from bad influences? We all know what stuff people do in clubs etc.... Stop kidding yourselves. Not half of you will let your sons and daughters do the stuff you've written down.

I might get lots of negs, but be thankful for having protective parents.

please tell me what's wrong with clubbing?
Original post by Annora
Yes, they're muslim. They believe in strict gender roles, so the women cook for the men - anything her brothers want she has to make. :rolleyes: She can't leave until she married a muslim, I suppose, but will anything even change then?

That's disgusting, that really is. It sickens me :frown:
Original post by Besakt
I said me and my sisters.

So your sisters can go out whenever they want and come back whenever they want, or do they have a curfew and is their curfew the same time as yours?
Original post by thecookiemonster
please tell me what's wrong with clubbing?

The girls a muslim.

To start with alcohols prohibited in Islam.
Reply 111
Must be terrible being a Muslim female(srs)

I'm a white male and can do what I want, when I want. My sisters are the same as well, non of us have died, been stabbed, got a criminal record, been pregnant or got someone pregnant.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 112
So your sisters can go out whenever they want and come back whenever they want, or do they have a curfew and is their curfew the same time as yours?

They have no curfew.
The girls a muslim.

To start with alcohols prohibited in Islam.

You don't have to drink alcohol in clubs...
Reply 114
My mom is just genuinely scared for me being out late. That is her primary reasoning for restricting my time out at night, she trusts me and she knows all my friends. It's just that the idea of me being out past 10pm scares her to death. I can see it now, she literally just pictures me walking through dark woods with a serial killer/rapist following me and once I take my expensive iPhone out he'll jump on me. I think when I go out she just waits at the door for the inevitable police officer to knock and break the news to her.. I'm not even kidding, this is how her mind works.
Every time I go out I am treated with a very delightful horror story and told to repeat my du'as over and over. I love my mum dearly. I just wish she wasn't this protective.

Do I think this has anything to do with Islam? Of course, this mentality is within every Muslim from past generations, that a girl needs to be protected by all means. All of this going out business is out of my mamas comfort zone. This isn't what they did back in her home country where girls stay home all the time and the streets are deserted after maghrib. But she's slowly getting to grips with it.

I'll never understand people that leave Islam or hate their parents for this type of thing. You can't help your mama being the way she is, love her for it don't hate her. It's hardly her fault. Fathers too. Sure, they can be unreasonable and sometimes downright intolerable in the way they cannot simply comprehend your way of thinking but.. it what it is. You should be glad someone even cares for you this much in the first place, some people don't have this and would give an arm and a leg for someone to love them as much as our parents do. The look in my moms eyes when I get home a bit later than I said reminds me that my mother would genuinely and with a doubt in the world give everything she has to protect me and my brothers and sisters. This just enhances my belief in Islam even more.
Original post by thecookiemonster
You don't have to drink alcohol in clubs...

But its an alcohol-like enviroment?
Also clubs are normally gender mixing, which is haraam and listening to music and dancing with random people is haram.

Clubs are definately haraam.
But its an alcohol-like enviroment?
Also clubs are normally gender mixing, which is haraam and listening to music and dancing with random people is haram.

Clubs are definately haraam.

Wow, you guys have so much fun :eek:
When I was 18 I used to just sneak out of my bedroom window! Oh the good old days. Now they barely care where I am!
Reply 118
Ask yourself would Muhammed do that? if not then don't do it!
I always just leave and say I'll be back whenever. Obviously I just do this to wind my mum up, since seeing her face go red every time is worth it. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending