The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Irenicis
I see!

I'm very sorry I'm not sure about Biological Science.

Btw, your full scholarship is from the HKUST? How did you managed to get it?

I think it's based on academic merit....
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Guys, hmm, which do you recommend to read biological sciences?..UCL or Edinburgh?
Original post by A_Asif
Congrats on your offer:smile: Could I ask if this offer has followed you having gone on an open day, or is this the email UCL has sent that they would be recommending you and offer and asking you to attend a compulsory open day. It's just that UCL is the last uni to get back to me.

Where else did you apply/get offers from ?
Who would you choose between UCL and LSE
Reply 3423
Original post by A_Asif
Congrats on your offer:smile: Could I ask if this offer has followed you having gone on an open day, or is this the email UCL has sent that they would be recommending you and offer and asking you to attend a compulsory open day. It's just that UCL is the last uni to get back to me.

Hi! Yhea I went to the open day last Wednesday
Reply 3424
Original post by Jyouie
Guys, hmm, which do you recommend to read biological sciences?..UCL or Edinburgh?

UCL! For sure! :biggrin:
Reply 3425
Just got a rejection :frown:
Reply 3426
Original post by ms93
Just got a rejection :frown:

Oh I am so sorry!! What course? Did they at least give you the reason?
Reply 3427
Original post by Nadine10
Oh I am so sorry!! What course? Did they at least give you the reason?

Mathematics with management studies.
They said my grades aren't good enough :frown:
Reply 3428
Anyone with an offer for Physics??
Just got a rejection for Philosophy and Ecnomics. Glad, because I didnt want to go there anymore. Good luck to all!
Original post by OneTimer
Just got a rejection for Philosophy and Ecnomics. Glad, because I didnt want to go there anymore. Good luck to all!

sorry to hear mate.. did they give a reason?
Reply 3431
Original post by Naked and Famous
Erm in UCAS track it says that my interview and application weren't strong enough... It's for civil engineering. Hows your application going?

Sorry to hear that.Everything will be fine!
when did you go to the selection afternoon?
Is it possible to tell me your predict grades?
Reply 3432
So how many of you are firm-ing UCL?
Reply 3433
Original post by OneTimer

I am sorry to hear about the rejection, but at least you see the brighter side of things! I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time at whatever university you decide on in the end :smile:
Rejected for Philosophy and Economics for not being 'strong enough academically'. Not really surprised, but a bit disappointed.
Original post by cablebuck
sorry to hear mate.. did they give a reason?

They said that I wasn't 'strong enough academically' and not suited to the course. I'm not too sure about the strong enough academically but certainly the latter. My PS was very politics and economics orientated, so not too surprised to be honest :P
(edited 12 years ago)
UCL L101 offer came on track :biggrin: I'm going to firm it
Original post by Jyouie

Perhaps ask this question in the biologiucal science forum, answers on this thread will be a bit biased towards UCL.

BTW has anyone been given an email by UCL saying that they have an offer regardless of open day attendance ?
I got an email on the 15th saying I had an offer regardless of m,y attendace to the open day, just wondering why I got this when so mnay other people have got cfonditional offers depending whether they attend the open day.
sorry to hear about rejections today.
and i am just worried that they run out of places, then give out rejections straight away.
hopefully it's not the case, they will consider all the applications carefully
Reply 3439
Original post by IntellectualParadox
Rejected for Philosophy and Economics for not being 'strong enough academically'. Not really surprised, but a bit disappointed.

Yeah that was the exact same for me but for Maths instead!