The Student Room Group

Peaches Geldof names son 'Astala'

I can't even... just why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Attention seeking? Celebrity is a business. And when your personality / life is your business.....
Reply 2
What about the name 'Peaches' though?
Reply 3
It's better than Apple.
Reply 4
Lol the full name is Astala Dylan Willow Cohen-Geldof. :K:
Somebody with a stupid name, gives their child a stupid name. Sunrise, sunset.
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, who is Peaches Geldof and what's wrong with calling your kid Astala, unless their last name happens to be Vista?

EDIT: Thanks guys. This is the most amount of pos rep that I've got and it wasn't even my intention :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
When do children of celebrities stop being celebrities themselves? Surely they have gone far enough down the Geldof lineage to stop this Astala child being famous?
Original post by geetar
It's better than Apple.

Really? I would rather have a daughter named Apple than a son called Astala. Both are awful though.
Reply 9
Because she's thick /thread

Unless she has adopted the Filipino culture of producing crazy names, which I doubt.
Meh, so what? She can call her child what she wants, I don't know why other people should be bothered. More interesting that calling him something boring and common. And if he happens to hate it, well he can always change it when he's older so *shrugs*
Original post by cosmobear92
Lol the full name is Astala Dylan Willow Cohen-Geldof. :K:

Don't think there's any thing really wrong with that. It's better than calling your baby "kyd" or something similar. Regardless, I still don't know what Peaches Geldof actually does, and why Astala is meant to be a bad name?
Reply 12
I assume one of her descendants will be called "oewlryjepofjgspohje-pobjw"

:rolleyes:
Reply 13
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Meh, so what? She can call her child what she wants, I don't know why other people should be bothered. More interesting that calling him something boring and common. And if he happens to hate it, well he can always change it when he's older so *shrugs*

Exactly. There's always a backlash against celebrity names if they choose something that's not a common, English-sounding name. I personally love Astala. He can shorten/change it when he's older, anyway. What's the big deal with his name?
Reply 14
Original post by de_monies
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, who is Peaches Geldof and what's wrong with calling your kid Astala, unless their last name happens to be Vista?

LOL, Astala Vista :rofl:... brilliant.

Peaches Geldof is the daughter of Bob Geldof who was in a band called the Boomtown Rats back in the 70s and 80s.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by de_monies
Don't think there's any thing really wrong with that. It's better than calling your baby "kyd" or something similar. Regardless, I still don't know what Peaches Geldof actually does, and why Astala is meant to be a bad name?

Her dad is Bob Geldof. She's like a journalist/'documentary-maker'/ girl about town/scientology peep.
She's more known because of her dad and her relationships.
Reply 16
I'm calling my son Aquilla
Reply 17
Current Affairs... really?
Reply 18
Attila.
Original post by modini
LOL, Astala Vista :rofl:... brilliant.

Peaches Geldof is the daughter of Bob Geldof who was in a band called the Boomtown Rats back in the 70s and 80s.

Original post by cosmobear92
Her dad is Bob Geldof. She's like a journalist/'documentary-maker'/ girl about town/scientology peep.
She's more known because of her dad and her relationships.

Fair enough. Wish I could become famous for having a dad that was famous, without actually doing any thing myself but meh
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending