The Student Room Group

Letter challenge.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Can you explain why?
Day 23 The last person you kissed

Hello,

I wish I could tell you all of this but I've put myself in a position now and I can't get out of it.

You've been my boyfriend for 15 months now, you lost your virginity to me, you say you love me. But you've broken up with me, twice, over the course of our relationship. Both times you said "it didn't feel right" and that I'd be happier without you and I never really believed this was the real reason. I tell you all the time how much I like you and love you, so you know I wouldn't be happier without you.

& both times, you turned around the next day and said you'd been too rash and hasty and you're terrible with your emotions and you haven't got a clue what you feel most of the time, but the one thing you do know is that you love me and that I'm yours and you shouldn't have tried to end it.

The second time happened on Saturday and although we've sorted it out and officially, we're together and happy, I'm miserable. Pretending everything is fine when it really isn't is killing me. I want to ask you why you did this, why you decided you didn't want to be with me and then changed your mind. You've dented my trust and my confidence. I don't want to lose you, I don't want to break up but I feel like I have to be 'perfect' now. I have to do everything you say or you'll break up with me again. You get to call the shots; you decide when we see each other and if I don't like it then it's over. I can't even bring this up with you because I'm scared you'll decide it's not working out because I feel like this, and then it will be over and I'll be humiliated all over again.

You were so different when we first met, you made so much effort to see me and spend time with me. Was it because you wanted to lose your virginity? Did you hate being the only one in your group of friends that hadn't had sex so you got with me and now that's out the way, you don't want a relationship or a girlfriend anymore?

Basically, I hate feeling like I have no security or control in this relationship, you've got me over a barrel and you can do whatever you want and I have to put up with it. Because I love you and even though I've started thinking maybe I'd be better off without you and better off not living like this, I wouldn't leave you.

I'm just so confused and hurt and broken and you're the one person I usually turn to and this time, I can't.
Original post by Anonymous
Day 23 The last person you kissed

Hello,

I wish I could tell you all of this but I've put myself in a position now and I can't get out of it.

You've been my boyfriend for 15 months now, you lost your virginity to me, you say you love me. But you've broken up with me, twice, over the course of our relationship. Both times you said "it didn't feel right" and that I'd be happier without you and I never really believed this was the real reason. I tell you all the time how much I like you and love you, so you know I wouldn't be happier without you.

& both times, you turned around the next day and said you'd been too rash and hasty and you're terrible with your emotions and you haven't got a clue what you feel most of the time, but the one thing you do know is that you love me and that I'm yours and you shouldn't have tried to end it.

The second time happened on Saturday and although we've sorted it out and officially, we're together and happy, I'm miserable. Pretending everything is fine when it really isn't is killing me. I want to ask you why you did this, why you decided you didn't want to be with me and then changed your mind. You've dented my trust and my confidence. I don't want to lose you, I don't want to break up but I feel like I have to be 'perfect' now. I have to do everything you say or you'll break up with me again. You get to call the shots; you decide when we see each other and if I don't like it then it's over. I can't even bring this up with you because I'm scared you'll decide it's not working out because I feel like this, and then it will be over and I'll be humiliated all over again.

You were so different when we first met, you made so much effort to see me and spend time with me. Was it because you wanted to lose your virginity? Did you hate being the only one in your group of friends that hadn't had sex so you got with me and now that's out the way, you don't want a relationship or a girlfriend anymore?

Basically, I hate feeling like I have no security or control in this relationship, you've got me over a barrel and you can do whatever you want and I have to put up with it. Because I love you and even though I've started thinking maybe I'd be better off without you and better off not living like this, I wouldn't leave you.

I'm just so confused and hurt and broken and you're the one person I usually turn to and this time, I can't.

The_Jammy_Witch

Would appreciate any advice you have Jammy Witch! :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by lad-lad
Girls are quite pathetic,
Stop giving bullsh*it clues, drop it all at once and just tell the guy that you like him.
Most likely if you text each other regularly he (repitition i know) most likely likes you.

But hey if a girl tell a guy she likes him, the chase is over, as there will be no chase, damn, nah cannot have that, I'd rather keep my crush in secret.

Disagree.
Reply 24
Original post by lad-lad
Can you explain why?

I can't tell my best friend i love him because he killed himself. Is that a good enough reason?!
Reply 25
I'l work through these 30, even if nobody else does. I find writing stuff down so therapeutic.

Day 1 Your Best Friend

Dear best friend,

We've never actually labelled ourseves as 'best friends', we're not 5 years old so I don't think that is really important. What is important is that I have a friend like you. Seeing as we don't have much in common we seem to be able to talk for hours about everything and anything. I've only known you for 2 years but already we have helped each other through so much, even if we always ignore each others advice and end up in a bigger mess than before. :ahee: You have some big dreams an with a bit of hard work you are more than capable of achieving them and I hope I'm right there beside you when you do. Lets buy that island mate.

/nohomo

Love ya man.
Reply 26
Original post by Dorito
I'l work through these 30, even if nobody else does. I find writing stuff down so therapeutic.

Agreed.

I need to start doing this, I started this and have barely done it :colondollar:
Reply 27
Original post by samyboo
I can't tell my best friend i love him because he killed himself. Is that a good enough reason?!

That is the worst lie like ever... even makes me laugh.

You shouldn't write or use such things as "part of your daily quotes" on TSR because it's just wrong.
Original post by samyboo
Dear Best Friend.
I am secretly in love with you :frown:

My situation exactly. But my best boy friend - not girl friend :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by lad-lad
That is the worst lie like ever... even makes me laugh.

You shouldn't write or use such things as "part of your daily quotes" on TSR because it's just wrong.

Yeah you're right, I just made it up. Like I've made up everything that happened as a consequence of it happening. I don't have to prove anything to you but you can't call me pathetic, or anyone in that matter, when you're the one giving random people ****.
Reply 30
Original post by samyboo
Yeah you're right, I just made it up. Like I've made up everything that happened as a consequence of it happening. I don't have to prove anything to you but you can't call me pathetic, or anyone in that matter, when you're the one giving random people ****.

Excuse me, but you are pathetic.
You got an anonymous opportunity to say anything you want on this forum and possibly get some valuable advice and you are afraid to tell me the situation in which you like your friend but it is way too complicated to explain why the pair of you cannot work. Go and see a psychologist or a psychiatrist they will tell you that you are pathetic if you are afraid to talk about things like that.
Dear Crush,

From the moment I saw your walk up those stairs in outlet first ever lecture together, I was taken aback by you. Since then, not a day has gone where you have not been on my mind, not a single day. The moments we spent together, however little they were, I cherished because I knew it may not come round again and knew that eventually we won't see each other again. I think at times you may have thought I liked you and, as hard as it is for me to believe, I used to think you may have even liked me. The few times we caught each other looking across the lecture hall or the seminar room, and with a smile, made my day. Unfortunately I never acted on it. I knew and still know that if anything was ever to happen between us, it will have to be me who makes the first big move. But I'm scared you'll say no. Even though we have so much in common, the one big difference, even though it shouldn't, will override them. It's so sad. I genuinely believed there was something about us and still do. I pray to God that if we're good for each other, it works out. I really do.

Love,

Me
Reply 32
Original post by qwerty_mad
Dear Crush,

From the moment I saw your walk up those stairs in outlet first ever lecture together, I was taken aback by you. Since then, not a day has gone where you have not been on my mind, not a single day. The moments we spent together, however little they were, I cherished because I knew it may not come round again and knew that eventually we won't see each other again. I think at times you may have thought I liked you and, as hard as it is for me to believe, I used to think you may have even liked me. The few times we caught each other looking across the lecture hall or the seminar room, and with a smile, made my day. Unfortunately I never acted on it. I knew and still know that if anything was ever to happen between us, it will have to be me who makes the first big move. But I'm scared you'll say no. Even though we have so much in common, the one big difference, even though it shouldn't, will override them. It's so sad. I genuinely believed there was something about us and still do. I pray to God that if we're good for each other, it works out. I really do.

Love,

Me

Oh my god, lecture theatre? So you are obviously in university and are 18/19/20 years of age and you right silly little messages like that?
Grow some balls and tell him.
Original post by lad-lad
Oh my god, lecture theatre? So you are obviously in university and are 18/19/20 years of age and you right silly little messages like that?
Grow some balls and tell him.

Yes, lecture theatre. And what's your point if I'm 18/19/20? Everyone is different and I just find it difficult to tell a person of my feelings.

I'm not gonna see that person anymore so I can't really say.
Reply 34
Look, I finished university at the end of May. The girl I know from University lives only 150 miles away from me. I told her I like her, in 2 weeks I should be visiting for a lunch date (hopefully dinner after). So the fact that you won't see someone no more doesn't mean jack sh*t. It's just whether you can get yourself together and say it.

I swear I haven't heard a girl that told a guy she likes him. If girls wouldn't keep their crushes in secret, there would be so much more love and sex around instead of everyone being stuck up their own arse :frown:
Original post by lad-lad
Look, I finished university at the end of May. The girl I know from University lives only 150 miles away from me. I told her I like her, in 2 weeks I should be visiting for a lunch date (hopefully dinner after). So the fact that you won't see someone no more doesn't mean jack sh*t. It's just whether you can get yourself together and say it.

I swear I haven't heard a girl that told a guy she likes him. If girls wouldn't keep their crushes in secret, there would be so much more love and sex around instead of everyone being stuck up their own arse :frown:

How did you tell her? In person?

I only have the person's number. Maybe starting a text convo would be a good idea?
Reply 36
Original post by lad-lad
Excuse me, but you are pathetic.
You got an anonymous opportunity to say anything you want on this forum and possibly get some valuable advice and you are afraid to tell me the situation in which you like your friend but it is way too complicated to explain why the pair of you cannot work. Go and see a psychologist or a psychiatrist they will tell you that you are pathetic if you are afraid to talk about things like that.

Cool Story bro.
Reply 37
Original post by qwerty_mad
How did you tell her? In person?

I only have the person's number. Maybe starting a text convo would be a good idea?

To start off with I just made few compliments about her appearance...she is actually very beautiful. The fact that she wanted to continue the conversation after I have shown her a sign of sympathy indicated that not all is lost here. When I arranged the meeting I called, otherwise texted.

You need to try and do something simillar, although don't make him think that you are weird because you texted him out the blue, have a good thought on what to write and good luck!!!
Reply 38
Sure it's a girl he wants to tell + not a boy =/
Dear Best friend

You don't exist as I've never had a best friend. I don't know why I haven't let myself get that close to anyone....

Me

Btw I'm a guy in case any readers are wondering...

Quick Reply

Latest