The Student Room Group

E&M

Facts:
A*A*AA- in further maths, maths, phy. and econ, respectively. (achieved)
In all TSA oxford practice papers, I've achieved between 38-46 marks

Question

If I write a great PS, do well in all of the logic questions in interview, get approx. 40 marks on TSA, do I have any chance of getting in? Bare in mind: I can't remember much of my economics and don't read well around the subject.

Chances are very slim, right? :colondollar:
Original post by Charlatan?
Facts:
A*A*AA- in further maths, maths, phy. and econ, respectively. (achieved)
In all TSA oxford practice papers, I've achieved between 38-46 marks

Question

If I write a great PS, do well in all of the logic questions in interview, get approx. 40 marks on TSA, do I have any chance of getting in? Bare in mind: I can't remember much of my economics and don't read well around the subject.

Chances are very slim, right? :colondollar:

I'm not really convinced that you are passionate about economics if you "can't remember much" and didn't read around the subject? How are you going to convince world-leading academics, then, that you are willing to commit to three years of intense learning in the field?
I can't remember much of my economics and don't read well around the subject.:colondollar:

Why are you applying for E&M when you don't enjoy it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
I enjoy it no less than any other subject.
Reply 4
Original post by TheMagicMan
Why are you applying for E&M when you don't enjoy it?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I have actually done outside reading and do like the subject. I just wanted to see the response :smile:
I have actually done outside reading and do like the subject. I just wanted to see the response :smile:

I don't know why you would do that? How is it going to help with your application to create a scenario which isn't accurate and ask for help?
Reply 6
Original post by AnimalSpirit
I don't know why you would do that? How is it going to help with your application to create a scenario which isn't accurate and ask for help?

I wanted to find out if you can get in by virtue of just a high TSA score, relatively good interview+ I prefer red to green.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending