The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1520
Hi everyone. I have received an offer from both Warwick and Durham for Psychology and am stumped on where to go. I like both so much. I think I'm leaning towards Warwick but not definite. Help?!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1521
Original post by aliceeve
Hi everyone. I have received an offer from both Warwick and Durham for Psychology and am stumped on where to go. I like both so much. I think I'm leaning towards Warwick but not definite. Help?!

I dunno anything about psychology but id go for Warwick.

This is the Warwick thread so Warwick:tongue:. I think you're probably swayed to one more then the other?
Reply 1523

Congrats (:
Well, this is the Warwick thread, so most people will go with Warwick. As far as rankings go, I think Warwick might be slightly better ranked, but that difference is really negligible. Warwick is slightly more "laidback" in a sense and has a different teaching approach to Durham. What about costs and transportation? Also, Warwick is right by Coventry so you'd be by a reasonably sized city whereas Durham is much smaller. In addition, if you plan on pursuing jobs outside of the UK, Warwick has amuch better international reputation.. I don't really know what you're looking for, but I think Warwick has a better teaching approach whereas the coolest thing about Durham is that ... well, it's by and in a castle! (I just find that awesome :P)
Original post by WLDL3
Congrats (:
Well, this is the Warwick thread, so most people will go with Warwick. As far as rankings go, I think Warwick might be slightly better ranked, but that difference is really negligible. Warwick is slightly more "laidback" in a sense and has a different teaching approach to Durham. What about costs and transportation? Also, Warwick is right by Coventry so you'd be by a reasonably sized city whereas Durham is much smaller. In addition, if you plan on pursuing jobs outside of the UK, Warwick has amuch better international reputation.. I don't really know what you're looking for, but I think Warwick has a better teaching approach whereas the coolest thing about Durham is that ... well, it's by and in a castle! (I just find that awesome :P)

Lay it out! :cool:
Subject: Management
IGCSEs: A*A*
AS Levels: AAAA
A2 Predictions: AA*A*A *A(Business/Further Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)
Anyone else still not heard back for Economics?
Anyone else not heard back at all?
Reply 1528
Original post by the man from space

Me! :/
Reply 1529
Havnt got anything for accounting and finance yet, should i email them?
Hi everyone. I have received an offer from both Warwick and Durham and am stumped on where to go. I like both so much. I think I'm leaning towards Warwick but not definite. Help?!

On a Warwick thread, you will only really get one answer.

However, seriously, you need to visit both of the universities to make up your mind. You must pick the one you feel most comfortable with. After all, you will be spending 3/4 years of your life there, so your satisfaction with the place is paramount (hence people reject Warwick solely on it's relative location to Coventry). Forget everything about the course until you can answer me this: which did you like most? Which one would you be happiest spending the next 3 years in? If one pops out immediately decision made! I just hope it's Warwick :h:

Me!!!!
Original post by rapide66
Havnt got anything for accounting and finance yet, should i email them?

I emailed them,asking for the progression...their reply is :"your application is still under consideration" em... You can email them is you want... But I think you will probably get the same thing, by the way,I applied for accounting and finance too:smile:) good luck for both of us:smile:)
Anyone know anything about English lit at Warwick? Anyone gonna go/is doing it/has done it?
Yeah, I called them about my course, and they said they are one staff member down, so the applications are still being processed. So it apparently doesn't mean anything- you could still get an offer. I wish I knew when I'd hear by- the waiting's killing me!
Hey guys I'm a prospective student in Year 12.

This is a question for the econ people: :tongue:

What were your GCSE's like? As I'm still not sure if Warwick have a minimum A* GCSE requirement. In short, has anyone been made an offer with relatively weak GCSEs (less than 7A*'s)?

Also, any tips on personal statements etc would be much appreciated :smile:
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
Hey guys I'm a prospective student in Year 12.

This is a question for the econ people: :tongue:

What were your GCSE's like? As I'm still not sure if Warwick have a minimum A* GCSE requirement. In short, has anyone been made an offer with relatively weak GCSEs (less than 7A*'s)?

Also, any tips on personal statements etc would be much appreciated :smile:

Well i got 3 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's and a D and i got an offer for law but i had straight As for A-levels
Well i got 3 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's and a D and i got an offer for law but i had straight As for A-levels

There's a lot of competition for the economics course and GCSEs form a large part when evaluating an applicant. At least that's what I was told. Also I seem to be getting varying bits of information from different people. The general undergraduate admission people said last year only people with 7A*s were made offers, whilst the economics undergraduate admission people say that people with less than that were made offers. :s-smilie:

I also attained all A's in my Jan AS exams (I took 4 exams). :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ThatRandomGuy
There's a lot of competition for the economics course and GCSEs form a large part when evaluating an applicant. At least that's what I was told. Also I seem to be getting varying bits of information from different people. The general undergraduate admission people said last year only people with 7A*s were made offers, whilst the economics undergraduate admission people say that people with less than that were made offers. :s-smilie:

I also attained all A's in my Jan AS exams (I took 4 exams). :smile:

Well i might be an exception, not too sure
Reply 1539
Is anyone still waiting? Its been a week after the recommended deadline... -_-

Quick Reply

Latest