The Student Room Group

AQA Textiles Technology GCSE upcoming exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bookworm786
Umm...ensuring the quality of something? Is it quality control? Pelase enlighten me :smile:

aha.. well I actually asked that one cause I'm not quite sure :\ I'll check the book..
'The guarantee of quality that the manufacturer gives to the client and end user of the product.' It says quality is assured using a total quality management system to make sure quality is designed and manufactured into the product, employees have the responsibility to check they are following correct procedures to the highest standard, ideas are evaluated against the specification at every stage of design, sampling, modelling and prototyping check materials and processes will result in the correct quality, and products can be checked against the protoype.
I think I understand it better now.. :P
Reply 41
Thank you so much! So it doesn't specify what product? Does that mean the design brief on the exam will say to design a product, and not something in particular like a bag?

And will we need to research sustainable materials? :smile:

sorry for the very late reply :/ i have know idea if they will specify and product. we made need to do some research on that too :smile:
Original post by Teja_96
sorry for the very late reply :/ i have know idea if they will specify and product. we made need to do some research on that too :smile:

Thanks, and its ok its not like you had to reply early lol :smile:
So what kind of research is that? I mean even if it is specific, you can just modify your design a bit and adapt it, right?
Hi everyone, I still don't understand like on past papers it says you have to produce two design ideas. Do you think this means two versions of the same product or two completely different products? I'm really stuck!
Reply 44
Original post by Hayley W
Okay :smile: umm... name a synthetic fibre and its properties?

polyester is crease resistant, strong and has poor absorbancy so dries fast :smile:
Reply 45
aaahhh can someon ehelp me with modern clothing!!!! really don't know much about it!! :/
Reply 46
Thanks, and its ok its not like you had to reply early lol :smile:
So what kind of research is that? I mean even if it is specific, you can just modify your design a bit and adapt it, right?

again i don't know what kind of research sorry :frown:
yeah you can modify the design
Reply 47
Original post by Magenta96
Hi everyone, I still don't understand like on past papers it says you have to produce two design ideas. Do you think this means two versions of the same product or two completely different products? I'm really stuck!

two different then choose the best!
ohhhh like a cushion and a dress? I always thought we had to do like 2 different designs for a dress or something... Good think I asked, thanks.
(edited 11 years ago)
I did this exam nearly a year a go and i got an A*

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 50
Original post by V909
polyester is crease resistant, strong and has poor absorbancy so dries fast :smile:

Yep! Would you like another question or do you want to ask one? ..Or neither of course :P
Reply 51
Original post by Magenta96
ohhhh like a cushion and a dress?

yup
Reply 52
sorrryy if this has already been asked im just even more confused now...can we do 2 dress designs? obvs they are different. should they have anything similar to them apart from the specification of modern materials?
Reply 53
Yep! Would you like another question or do you want to ask one? ..Or neither of course :P

urmmmm how about this : how can electronics integrated into clothes be useful for the user? (8 marks)
Reply 54
also...why is interfacing used? (3 marks)
Reply 55
Original post by V909
urmmmm how about this : how can electronics integrated into clothes be useful for the user? (8 marks)

:s-smilie: Well they can have entertainment or communication purposes, making use of new technology, they could contain tracking devices or heating devices, and they would mean you don't need to have a separate item on you which could be beneficial in sport or travel, and make you less likely to lose it or have it stolen? :L I have a feeling I'm going off track now... any ideas yourself?
Reply 56
Original post by V909
also...why is interfacing used? (3 marks)

I know this one! It can be used for stiffening and strengthening parts of the garment such as collars, adding support for embroidery or sewing, and can be used as bonding too?
Reply 57
I know this one! It can be used for stiffening and strengthening parts of the garment such as collars, adding support for embroidery or sewing, and can be used as bonding too?

yeap i thinkl that right mark scheme said like support strengten stiffen for embroidery or collars or cuffs;. and also because its non woven its cheap and you can iron on so easy to use :biggrin: x
Reply 58
Original post by V909
yeap i thinkl that right mark scheme said like support strengten stiffen for embroidery or collars or cuffs;. and also because its non woven its cheap and you can iron on so easy to use :biggrin: x

Ohh, I think I remember doing that for a mock last year! Somehow managed to get an A* and yet I feel so unprepared for the real thing :\
Reply 59
:s-smilie: Well they can have entertainment or communication purposes, making use of new technology, they could contain tracking devices or heating devices, and they would mean you don't need to have a separate item on you which could be beneficial in sport or travel, and make you less likely to lose it or have it stolen? :L I have a feeling I'm going off track now... any ideas yourself?

i think the main points are tell me what u think
so electronic devices such as
entertainment and communication purposes - novel and are useful for young people. can have a fabric keyboard or a space to change music tracks on sleeve
led lights - safety in jackets e.g. for cyclists
heating- for gloves warmth in cold countries
GPS - find children or disabled people if you are in deseerted place or if they are lost
medical monitoring - jackets that monitor blood pressure or heart rates
solar panels - provide recharable supply for mobile phones computers etc. so can charge anywherer u are

i dont know how but sometimes they can help the lives of the disabled?! do u know why? i read that somewheree....

Quick Reply