The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow uni 2013 applicants

Hiya!

So, I'm definitely going to apply to Glasgow for 2013 entry. I've seen threads like this one in other uni forums so I thought I'd start one here too.

If you're thinking of applying then post your details below! :biggrin:

Name: Lauren
Course: English Lit, not sure which subjects I'd like to study alongside it just yet.
Currently studying: English Lit, Psychology, History, Classics, Sociology

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think I will be applying to Glasgow, as long as scots law isn't too much of an issue.

Name: Jasper
Course: Law
Currently studying: Maths, further maths, English lit. And politics.

Are you in school in Scotland Lauren or in England (or even somewhere else :tongue:)?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by JasperGold
I think I will be applying to Glasgow, as long as scots law isn't too much of an issue.

Are you in school in Scotland Lauren or in England (or even somewhere else :tongue:)?

Hi Jasper,

Ooh, cool! I was also considering a degree in law but I like English Lit too much to apply for anything else, haha. I'm studying at a college in England, how about you? :smile:
Reply 3
I'm applying for English Literature too I think! I do; Psychology, Religious Studies, English Lit and Maths! Not sure how I feel about moving to Scotland for four years, but there'll be people in the same boat as me, so that's good!

:beer:
Reply 4
Hey

Name - Elizabeth

Course - Civil Engineering with Arcitecture

I'm currently studying - English, Maths, French, Physics, Philosophy and Art

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5

Bloody good chap.

Original post by Loz_ox
Hi Jasper,

Ooh, cool! I was also considering a degree in law but I like English Lit too much to apply for anything else, haha. I'm studying at a college in England, how about you? :smile:

For SHAME.
Reply 6
Original post by Norton1
Bloody good chap.

For SHAME.

Shame?? :confused:

Original post by Charlotte:3
I'm applying for English Literature too I think! I do; Psychology, Religious Studies, English Lit and Maths! Not sure how I feel about moving to Scotland for four years, but there'll be people in the same boat as me, so that's good!

:beer:

Yay, another lit applicant! :biggrin: I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of moving to Scotland either, especially because I'm pretty much on the other side of England, but it'll be exciting! Have you visited Glasgow yet? I'm planning on going in September to have a gander.
Reply 7
Applying for economics. Living in Glasgow and going to start 6th year!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 8
Original post by Loz_ox

Yay, another lit applicant! :biggrin: I'm not sure how I feel about the possibility of moving to Scotland either, especially because I'm pretty much on the other side of England, but it'll be exciting! Have you visited Glasgow yet? I'm planning on going in September to have a gander.

Woo! Same, I live in the midlands and moving around 5 hours away is so daunting! Although I'm a sucker for a Scot accent, so I reckon I'll survive! :giggle: And, no! I haven't seen it yet but I'm also planning a cheeky trip up there to have a look round - here's hoping I like it because it's one of my favourite (I think!) unis so far! Where else are you applying? :smile:
Reply 9
Not entirely sure yet (depends on grades in August) but it's looking fairly likely.

Name: Rachel
Course: English Lit and Drama
Currently studying: English Lit, Politics, Theatre Studies, History and Extended Project.
Reply 10
Woo! Same, I live in the midlands and moving around 5 hours away is so daunting! Although I'm a sucker for a Scot accent, so I reckon I'll survive! :giggle: And, no! I haven't seen it yet but I'm also planning a cheeky trip up there to have a look round - here's hoping I like it because it's one of my favourite (I think!) unis so far! Where else are you applying? :smile:

I live in Cornwall, so I'm roughly 8 hours away. It is kind of daunting but I'm just so excited for any kind of new scenery. :biggrin: Oh, I also love the Scottish accent! And I'm not too fussed about rain seeing as we get a tonne down here anyway :tongue:

Same! I really hope that the visit won't put me off because Glasgow is also my favourite uni so far. It's a bugger that it's so far away though. My family are trying to persuade me to apply to somewhere closer but I'm not going to budge. I'm planning on applying to Glasgow, Warwick, UEA, Bristol and either Cardiff or Leeds. How about you? :smile:

Have you started the personal statement yet btw?
Reply 11
Original post by liesels
Not entirely sure yet (depends on grades in August) but it's looking fairly likely.

Name: Rachel
Course: English Lit and Drama
Currently studying: English Lit, Politics, Theatre Studies, History and Extended Project.

Hiya Rachel! Have you applied for 2012 entry? I'm guessing so because you've mentioned August grades. What kind of offer did they give you?
Reply 12
Original post by Loz_ox
Hiya Rachel! Have you applied for 2012 entry? I'm guessing so because you've mentioned August grades. What kind of offer did they give you?

Oop, sorry for confusion. I'm still in Year 12, but my exams were not nearly as good as I thought they would be (as in- target grades are As but I'll be incredibly lucky with Bs or Cs in some of those) so can't decide where I'm applying until then.
Original post by Loz_ox
I live in Cornwall, so I'm roughly 8 hours away. It is kind of daunting but I'm just so excited for any kind of new scenery. :biggrin: Oh, I also love the Scottish accent! And I'm not too fussed about rain seeing as we get a tonne down here anyway :tongue:

Same! I really hope that the visit won't put me off because Glasgow is also my favourite uni so far. It's a bugger that it's so far away though. My family are trying to persuade me to apply to somewhere closer but I'm not going to budge. I'm planning on applying to Glasgow, Warwick, UEA, Bristol and either Cardiff or Leeds. How about you? :smile:

Have you started the personal statement yet btw?

Ouch! That's pretty far away, aha! :') Oh, same! So much rain, but then again, isn't the whole of the UK like that? (Case and point, the awful weather we had in the middle of July! Ha!)

And same! My family want me to apply to Uni of Birmingham, then I could stay at home, but I'm really reluctant, aha! So far (I think) I'm applying to Cardiff, Nottingham, Glasgow, Reading and Aberystwyth, but I think it just depends on how my results go! :-) I'm preparing for the worst at the moment, ha! :colondollar: I've finished my first draft of my PS but it's not great!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Ouch! That's pretty far away, aha! :') Oh, same! So much rain, but then again, isn't the whole of the UK like that? (Case and point, the awful weather we had in the middle of July! Ha!)

And same! My family want me to apply to Uni of Birmingham, then I could stay at home, but I'm really reluctant, aha! So far (I think) I'm applying to Cardiff, Nottingham, Glasgow, Reading and Aberystwyth, but I think it just depends on how my results go! :-) I'm preparing for the worst at the moment, ha! :colondollar: I've finished my first draft of my PS but it's not great!

Yep, awful weather seems to be a constant here in the UK! But we've had such gorgeous weather in Cornwall lately, though I've been working so I haven't really been able to enjoy it :frown: I'm going to the beach tomorrow though, woo! :biggrin:

Birmingham uni looks great for English, but I can understand why you want to study further afield! I'm reluctant to apply to Plymouth uni, and my parents are trying to persuade me to study there. Oh, great unis! I looked into Aberstwyth too, it looks really good. I should really prepare for the worst too, but I'm going to wait until my AS results come until I decide which unis to apply for.. so not looking forward to results day :zomg:

Really?? Oh man, I feel so behind haha xD I've done my first paragraph but I'm going to wait until I've re-read some books I'm planning on mentioning before I attempt anymore of it!
Reply 15
Original post by liesels
Oop, sorry for confusion. I'm still in Year 12, but my exams were not nearly as good as I thought they would be (as in- target grades are As but I'll be incredibly lucky with Bs or Cs in some of those) so can't decide where I'm applying until then.

Oh, I see. But doesn't UCAS have a deadline? Good luck with your results! How was the History exam? My friend took his A2 this year and he said it was brutal.
Original post by Loz_ox
Yep, awful weather seems to be a constant here in the UK! But we've had such gorgeous weather in Cornwall lately, though I've been working so I haven't really been able to enjoy it :frown: I'm going to the beach tomorrow though, woo! :biggrin:

Birmingham uni looks great for English, but I can understand why you want to study further afield! I'm reluctant to apply to Plymouth uni, and my parents are trying to persuade me to study there. Oh, great unis! I looked into Aberstwyth too, it looks really good. I should really prepare for the worst too, but I'm going to wait until my AS results come until I decide which unis to apply for.. so not looking forward to results day :zomg:

Really?? Oh man, I feel so behind haha xD I've done my first paragraph but I'm going to wait until I've re-read some books I'm planning on mentioning before I attempt anymore of it!

Yes! We had great weather up here too, although I got ridiculously painful sunburn and now all I do is complain about the heat :K:

It really does, my cousin went there do to English Lit and said it was really good, but I feel like if I lived at home I wouldn't make as many friends, if that makes any sense? :dontknow: And oh, God! Don't talk to me about results D: - I've persuaded my parents that I've got D/Cs in everything so if I get straight B's they'll be pleased -:clap2: -(meanwhile I'll be rocking in a corner).

Seriously, don't worry about it! I only did my first draft because I was literally forced to by my joke of a school! :biggrin: It's really only the medicine/Oxbridge applicants that have to do them right now, my school's just ridiculously overboard with these things! I mentioned a few books that I haven't read in about a year and I'm just reading them now, over the holidays. :-) Although, someone did tell me Glasgow look more at your grades than your personal statement anyway? No idea, ha.
Reply 17
Name: Liz
Course: English lit and theatre studies
Currently studying: English, Theatre studies, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Biology, Maths, Italian

I can't wait to get away from home! I can't wait for university and the course at Glasgow looks so perfect! Can't believe I still have exams to pass before I get there. :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by Saltire
Name: Liz
Course: English lit and theatre studies
Currently studying: English, Theatre studies, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Biology, Maths, Italian

I can't wait to get away from home! I can't wait for university and the course at Glasgow looks so perfect! Can't believe I still have exams to pass before I get there. :frown:

Yay same course!

Where else are you applying?

Jasper, your name is fantastic. Genuinely hope you go to Glasgow, just so I can have the pleasure of knowing someone called Jasper - oh, and I'm sure you're lovely of course! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest