Always been near to title quality...
Took them 10yrs to get to 2nd place.

Strong.
Reply 8641
Original post by Rk2k14
Always been near to title quality...
Took them 10yrs to get to 2nd place.

Strong.

That's because of a failing manager. Not relevant to the players we have. I meant the past 2 seasons though should have mentioned.
can't wait for arsenal to sell bellerin whilst announcing wenger has signed a new 2 year deal
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Just skimmed to the ad hom tbh :rofl:

That wasn't an ad hom. Ad hom doesn't just mean "insult", you utter moron
Reply 8644
Anyway Lukes had a shocker
Original post by AR_95
Bit in bold, you're contradicting your self massively. Have you proof read? If we buy a new winger, a quality midfielder isn't being benched, AOC/Walcott/Welbeck will be benched, I don't think we're losing any quality here.

As for a top striker, name a world class striker currently available for signing.
The only reason UTD caught Ibra is because of Mourinho. City, Chelsea and Liverpool have all signed anything but "top strikers".

As for Mahrez being our only addition, if that were the case, we'd be fine. Our squad has always been near to title quality, with obvious gaps but we've filled those. If we're to sign a world class winger like Mahrez and players like Ozil, Sanchez perform to their calibre, we'd be absolutely fine.

^Seriously stfu Jam, you're becoming #obsessed now.

I haven't contradicted myself because when I was talking about "quality players being benched", that wasn't including Walcott/AOC.
I was talking about either Xhaka/Coquelin or Cazorla/Ramsey having to be benched if you buy Mahrez.

Difference is that Liverpool don't need to sign a "top striker" right now, nor do we have the appeal to sign one.

The thing is, I agree you largely have a great side but these "obvious gaps" are huge and are consistently the difference between you finishing 1st and 4th.
Reply 8646
Original post by Lúcio

I haven't contradicted myself because when I was talking about "quality players being benched", that wasn't including Walcott/AOC.
I was talking about either Xhaka/Coquelin or Cazorla/Ramsey having to be benched if you buy Mahrez.

Difference is that Liverpool don't need to sign a "top striker" right now, nor do we have the appeal to sign one.

The thing is, I agree you largely have a great side but these "obvious gaps" are huge and are consistently the difference between you finishing 1st and 4th.

The obvious gap is the fact they do not have a right winger of decent quality. Also good players in good teams are benched. Shock horror.
(edited 7 years ago)
those players that we buy when they're teenagers, who "burst into life" with their former clubs, don't they take five years to settle in with us? (Walcott and Ramsey)
if that's the case, Ox will have a blinder this season :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8648
Original post by Lúcio

Buying Mahrez would bench one of Walcott, Welbeck or Chamberlain. Anyways a quality midfielder being benched is because we've signed Xhaka, and honestly it's up to Ramsey and Cazorla to fight for their places.
lacazette roumers trending upwords on sky sports whispers things.. dispite me hearing no one talking about it, or no newspapers going on about it..
Why don't we just bid for someone like Mario Gomez? Since Giroud goes missing we can just rotate a very similar option.
Rather bring back Henry than sign Gomez. 10000000x more mobile.
Original post by atom y humber
Rather bring back Henry than sign Gomez. 10000000x more mobile.

Not sure if it will be necessary if we get a goalscoring winger. Besides, the problem is that Giroud scores goals but he goes missing for long stretches of the season. If we can get a rotation like for like option it would probably offset the Giroud problem.
Original post by fallen_acorns
lacazette roumers trending upwords on sky sports whispers things.. dispite me hearing no one talking about it, or no newspapers going on about it..

Please stop talking about about that whispers programs. It's 99.99999% ********.
Reply 8654
I'd take Mario Gomez tbh. Guy is actually one of my favourite strikers(after Sturridge ofc).

Guys fast as well but he just decides not to run.
Mertesacker injured as Per usual.
Original post by leinad2012
Please stop talking about about that whispers programs. It's 99.99999% ********.

Honestly, I like it.. makes life much easier
its just an easy way to get all the gossip in one place.

All they do is take all the paper crap, gossip crap and put it together, so it gives you a nice picture of the crap.

Is it still crap... yes ofcourse. but it saves a butt load of time to see a quick overview of rumours instead of reading through pages of transfer centre of sky.. wading through tweet after tweet, or checking the BBC page for their quoted rumours..

Honestly, if we all stop talking about *****y rumours with bad sources, then lets just call it a day until the new season, as most rumours are equally full of ****. - anything that saves me time wading through the **** is good in my book!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell

Good. Chambers needs game time
Original post by James.Carnell

Would've preferred him playing against Liverpool tbh!

Mané vs Mertesacker would've been tasty :colone:
Reply 8659
This is what I mean.

We've put in a €35m bid in for Lacazzette and it's probably pissed Lyon off. That's like 15m under what they want for him. This is why we lose out on transfers. & since Lyon just made it public, we probably won't bid again since Wenger likes his transfers done silently.

**** sakes

Latest