The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by Ringo
how about we group up for a couple of normal/ranked 5v5s this weekend? put down those skyrims of yours damn it, swinging those swords around in first person just makes you look ridiculous.

I'm up for that!

Currently at 1370.
Reply 141
pretty cool thread:biggrin:

I'm going to go and play now lol:tongue:
Reply 142
whats your name shaco so we can add you?
Hey guys, level 29 here - just got to burn the last few k's to 30!!

Feel free to add me, name is Fyreblade. Anyone else finding AP really nice with the new offense mastery layout? Jungling fiddle has been a breeze :biggrin:
Reply 144
if anyone wants to add me feel free huxxxley
Reply 145
Original post by Ringo
whats your name shaco so we can add you?

hey mate,

sorry about the late reply,

Yh just give me your names and I'll add u guys now.

This should be a laugh:tongue:
Reply 146
my name is Ríngo (with the squiggly thing over the I)
We should organise an evening of LoL play! Midget champions vs. Females? :biggrin:
Reply 148
whats a good counter to ww top lane?

say with singed i can take him early game but once he has his ulti and some MR then i cant do ****. same with irelia, he just q's the crap outta me.
Reply 149
Hey guys, I figured I'd introduce myself on this thread since I've not been active on SR in quite a while and I play league of legends.

My name on league of legends is either 'Alex Creed' or 'Violated Lasagne' I'm not 30 on either accounts and I play for fun but generally rage at unbalanced characters *cough*fizz*cough*

Anyway I play:
Wukong
Garen
Veigar (admittedly not for a while)
Amumu
Alistar

I'm been messing around with assassins so you might see me throwing some Kassadin or Shaco love down too.

Unfortunately I'm at Newcastle university and they only have port 80 open on their internet configuration so I can't play here. Luckily I live 40 minutes away and I go home most weekends to game then. (Only 80p on the bus!)

If anyone wants a casual game just drop me and add and follow it up with a message saying you're from SR.

Original post by danny111

say with singed i can take him early game but once he has his ulti and some MR then i cant do ****. same with irelia, he just q's the crap outta me.

Just saw this. If you're looking for a character to keep ww at bay at the top lane try a character with a clone (wukong/shaco). If you can get him to pop his ultimate on the clone then you're fine. I don't normally see ww as a massive problem, but you could always try buying a thornmail?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 150
Original post by Architecture-er
We should organise an evening of LoL play! Midget champions vs. Females? :biggrin:

Ok, bagsy on Ringo's team though

WW has heaps of sustain, a good counter would be any other sustain/farming champ. I would pick Tyrndamere: he can sustain fine against WW (neithr can kill the other), and if WW lets Tyrnda farm then late game Tyrnda will wreck everyone.

Original post by sawyer
Hey add Innex please guys, would be good to have some people to play with instead of randoms :smile:

What level are you? I'm level 30, if you are low level and we queue together you'll just get stomped by matchmaking :frown:
Reply 151
Original post by Rookai

Just saw this. If you're looking for a character to keep ww at bay at the top lane try a character with a clone (wukong/shaco). If you can get him to pop his ultimate on the clone then you're fine. I don't normally see ww as a massive problem, but you could always try buying a thornmail?

That's awful advice. Sorry to be so frank.

1. What poor player will ulti a clone? Just lol. If u so scared of ulti go gp he can get out of it.

2. ww main dmg spell is magic (q). thornmail is a massive waste.
Reply 152
Original post by M_E_X
WW has heaps of sustain, a good counter would be any other sustain/farming champ. I would pick Tyrndamere: he can sustain fine against WW (neithr can kill the other), and if WW lets Tyrnda farm then late game Tyrnda will wreck everyone.
(

I see, that is a good point. Hence why I tried Irelia - she pawns late game too (once laned Garen against her, dominated like hell but once the game hit 40 minutes she was starting to leave me ways behind). What about Nasus? I mean you dont want him to farm his q?
Reply 153

Does well but doesn't necessarily counter: Skarner, Olaf (very subjective) and Galio.

Counters: Cho'gath, Gangplank (orange ult np), Udry, Swain, Yorick, Malphite (probably), Jax, Rumble (this is just by seeing one game so may not be true).

To be honest though, I don't think Ireila has a straight up counter. Also I obviously didn't mention all solo top champions cause for some I have simply more or less no clue about them. :redface:
Reply 154
What about Nasus? I mean you dont want him to farm his q?

What counters Nasus or...?
Reply 155
Original post by M_E_X
Ok, bagsy on Ringo's team though

What level are you? I'm level 30, if you are low level and we queue together you'll just get stomped by matchmaking :frown:

level 30 as well mate
Reply 156
Original post by Zurvan
What counters Nasus or...?

No is nasus good to pick against ww. I mean if ww cant kill nasus, and he can farm his q he pawns late game, no?
So guys, watcha all think about Volibear? Currently the strongest early game solo laner in my opinion, at least vs. a melee enemy. I guess that you could get a LOT of pokes off if you're ranged, but tried alistar vs. him, knocked him into my tower at level 3 and he STILL killed me immediately afterwards, me at 100% and him at 60%
Reply 158
I see, that is a good point. Hence why I tried Irelia - she pawns late game too (once laned Garen against her, dominated like hell but once the game hit 40 minutes she was starting to leave me ways behind). What about Nasus? I mean you dont want him to farm his q?

Either of those would be fine, yeah. I just prefer Tyrnda because he is super strong late game. Basically anyone with good sustain can survive vs WW, it's just about choosing someone who can have a big impact late game as well, or farm super well.

I play teemo solo top quite a lot, especally vs people like Irelia/Tyrnda/Garen/Nasus (any autoattacker melee basically), I think he's super strong and fun to play. I wouldn't play him vs WW though, as WW can out-sustain my poison harass
Reply 159
That's awful advice. Sorry to be so frank.
1. What poor player will ulti a clone? Just lol. If u so scared of ulti go gp he can get out of it.

It's more a case of you being tactful than the player being poor. If you can honestly say you have never ever ever ever ever (get the point?) seen a player use an ulti on a clone by mistake (which, as humans, we do make) then you've never played League of legends.

Quick Reply

Latest