Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Natalie21
Lists <3

Great idea - sounds like a very prestigious award ;D

Good good :wink:

:lol:
Original post by FloydHead
Thing is that' after the deadline date for our applications, so I won't be able to put in my statement. And I have nothing to put in statement atm :s-smilie:

Well our deadline isn't til October..
Original post by Natalie21
Lists &lt;3

Great idea - sounds like a very prestigious award ;D

Good good :wink:

It is. Whomever wins the 'most likely to become an Amoeba' award will most definitely be given an unconditional at Cambridge and be the worlds most successful doctor. :biggrin:

Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Ah yes, the EPQ that I'm not allowed to do until A2 year, and only then if I drop a subject which currently isn't the plan (grades dependent). At times I really do hate my college :/

I suppose there's some method in it. Our college won't let us do it if we continue with 5A Levels. I may not be able to as I am picking uo Physics AS next year and possibly fast tracking.
What categories do we have so far then? :tongue:
Reply 184
Categories? :s-smilie:
Reply 185
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
22nd time :colonhash:

Sorry, that was an awful grammatical error. :moon:
Original post by DarkAndTwisty
Well our deadline isn't til October..

Oh is it? I thought it was September :P Never mind...
Original post by oli_G
Sorry, that was an awful grammatical error. :moon:

But you go to grammer school (did you see what I did there?) :colone:

How are you by the way? :smile:
I've applied to that Sutton Summer school for Medicine at Cambridge. I suspect I'll get rejected-

If that happens, a small part of me want to get rejected from Cambridge in the real thing just for the quirky novelty that I got rejected three times by Cambridge in 2012. :moon: that'll be one to tell the kids...

Before chaining them to the desk to study :colone:
Original post by AspiringGenius
I've applied to that Sutton Summer school for Medicine at Cambridge. I suspect I'll get rejected-

If that happens, a small part of me want to get rejected from Cambridge in the real thing just for the quirky novelty that I got rejected three times by Cambridge in 2012. :moon: that'll be one to tell the kids...

I want to apply to the summer school as well even though I also think I'll be rejected. Do you think I'll be at a disadvantage if one parent has gone to a non-uk uni but I meet the rest of the eligibility requirements? I don't know whether I should bother applying.
Original post by FloydHead
Oh is it? I thought it was September :P Never mind...

Haha, nope, October 15th :smile:

Original post by oli_G
Categories? :s-smilie:

For the thread awards, ofc! (we discussed it a few pages back, haha)
Reply 191

3 times?
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
I want to apply to the summer school as well even though I also think I'll be rejected. Do you think I'll be at a disadvantage if one parent has gone to a non-uk uni but I meet the rest of the eligibility requirements? I don't know whether I should bother applying.

If you don't apply then you won't get in. It says only half of people get in fit all of the requirements so I imagine you will have as much a chance that I do (all requirements exceot school having bad A Level point score (not brilliant but a good pass rate none the less) and being in care) :smile:
Original post by oli_G
3 times?

CUSU Shadowing Scheme (CHECK)
Sutton Summer School (PENDING)
Cambridge University (PROSPECTING... maybe...)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 193
All this talk of summer schools getting me nervous, as i didn't want to apply for it, but people inn my school are applying to some shadow a student fora week mon-fri. In Cambridge, and there is also trips to some departments in oxford as a guy from PPE, came over and chatted with us and so.

I feel little sadden as I only did the Usual work experience and fun volunteering.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 194

I've applied to the Cambridge med one as well :smile:

Although i'm doubtful i'll get in as I do go to a graemurr school :rolleyes:
If you don't apply then you won't get in. It says only half of people get in fit all of the requirements so I imagine you will have as much a chance that I do (all requirements exceot school having bad A Level point score (not brilliant but a goid pass rate none the less) and being in care) :smile:

Yeah you're right - might as well give it a go. Good luck with your application :smile:
Yeah you're right - might as well give it a go. Good luck with your application :smile:

Damn, why do I keep persuading people to apply to these things- it just makes me get über rejected faster!

Peoplpe actually come to me for work experience advise in college- sods law states I'm going to get 'überej' (do you like my TOWIE inspired word?)
Original post by oli_G
I've applied to the Cambridge med one as well :smile:

Although i'm doubtful i'll get in as I do go to a graemurr school :rolleyes:

Haha. :lol:

(I JEST :biggrin:) Im sure grammar school peeps get places- unless they're multi-millionaires, both their parents went to Cambridge, they live in Kensingotn, they got <4 A* at GCSE etc etc etc. :smile: good luck!
Damn, why do I keep persuading people to apply to these things- it just makes me get über rejected faster!

Peoplpe actually come to me for work experience advise in college- sods law states I'm going to get 'überej' (do you like my TOWIE inspired word?)

Don't worry - I'm sure we'll all get in :tongue:

People ask you about work experience? Most medics in my school don't even know what UCAS is let alone know what to do to get into med :erm:

Haha love it. You could give the TOWIE cast a run for their money :mmm:
Reply 198

Haha. :lol:

(I JEST :biggrin:) Im sure grammar school peeps get places- unless they're multi-millionaires, both their parents went to Cambridge, they live in Kensingotn, they got &lt;4 A* at GCSE etc etc etc. :smile: good luck!

Thanks.

I mean I fit quite a few of the other categories (neither parents went to uni etc) but I probably don't deserve it as much as someone from an under-privileged background :smile:
Original post by oli_G
Thanks.

I mean I fit quite a few of the other categories (neither parents went to uni etc) but I probably don't deserve it as much as someone from an under-privileged background :smile:

Are you joking, we both got similar GCSEs and I don't think it would be fair to suggest you worked any less to get yours. :smile:

Don't worry - I'm sure we'll all get in :tongue:

People ask you about work experience? Most medics in my school don't even know what UCAS is let alone know what to do to get into med :erm:

Haha love it. You could give the TOWIE cast a run for their money :mmm:

Well we have a medicine advisor who made half the group of 30 leave. I was unaffected as I already knew it form TSR :colone:

I hear there's going rumours of a Cambridge 'ToWIE'. I so want to be the eccentric medic everyone thinks "how the **** did he get in?". For the bantz.