The Student Room Group

D2 Maths

I'm considering doing an additional maths module, to either boost my % if needed or to help get into maths at uni. I'm already studying maths & further maths and have just got my results for C1 / C2 / S1 and got straight A's at AS.

I'm currently learning M1 / FP1 / D1 at the moment and really want to carry on with decision maths and do D2 next year even though my school doesn't teach it. I'm finding D1 pretty straight forward and just wondered if anyone who's already done it (or is currently learning) could offer their advice please. It would just be a matter of learning D2 myself and finding help if needed - if it turns out to be that simple.

Thanks!

Jake
D2 is relatively harder than D1. They took all the hard stuff out of D1 and lobbed it into D2 a while back. It would probably be better to concentrate on your other modules rather than undertaking another one.
D2 was a lot harder than D1, but that's mostly because D1 was the easiest thing anyone ever gave me a certificate for.
D2 is more difficult than D1, but still self-teachable; it's a lot more interesting than D1 as well. If it's what you want to do, go for it; taking an extra module outside of school is never going to look bad on an application unless you particularly mess it up, and will go a long way towards demonstrating your interest in a Maths course to the universities you apply to.
Original post by DJMayes
D2 is more difficult than D1, but still self-teachable; it's a lot more interesting than D1 as well. If it's what you want to do, go for it; taking an extra module outside of school is never going to look bad on an application unless you particularly mess it up, and will go a long way towards demonstrating your interest in a Maths course to the universities you apply to.

I'll be taking D1 and D2 next year, just wondering, how does D2 compare to M2, S2 or C3? Easier, harder, same difficulty?
Original post by knowledgecorruptz
I'll be taking D1 and D2 next year, just wondering, how does D2 compare to M2, S2 or C3? Easier, harder, same difficulty?

I haven't fully covered all of those so it's difficult for me to say, although it's definitely easier than C3.
Original post by DJMayes
I haven't fully covered all of those so it's difficult for me to say, although it's definitely easier than C3.

Hmmm, okay. I found C3 quite easy tbh - although I did have a full week to revise for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest