The Student Room Group

Best and Worst School/College Trips you have been on

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by hbk4894
did you at least get a mcdonalds meal while there?

Yeah, but I had to pay for it (regrettably).
Reply 41
Original post by Mr. Gutsy
Yeah, but I had to pay for it (regrettably).

so wait a minute , you had to spend £15 to go to McDonalds and then you have to pay for a meal there , sounds a bit of a rip off.
Menai was the best trip I had at school. We stayed for 5 days and we got up to so much random shizz it was amazing ... but I was in year 8. A close second though was a 5 day trip to Paris and we went to Disneyland for a day :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by JordanS94
Menai was the best trip I had at school. We stayed for 5 days and we got up to so much random shizz it was amazing ... but I was in year 8. A close second though was a 5 day trip to Paris and we went to Disneyland for a day :biggrin:

so , what is wrong with being in Year 8?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
Can anyone top the sheer mind-numbing awfulness of having to go on a school trip to a PLASTIC BAG FACTORY? That's an entire day of my life I will never get back... :colonhash:

Oh wait, there was the time we went on a school trip... to SCHOOL. It was a historic building so we got to look round at all the architectural features, but it was still school! They could have at least taken us to the cathedral or something!
(edited 12 years ago)
Best school trip - Iceland. There was so much to see during the day but at night it was brilliant...the teachers let us be completely independant so we'd all gather in one of our rooms and play games or talk for ours. There was only 11 of us so we all got really close. :biggrin: Hated climbing the volcano though especiall with the strong winds which nearly blew me over the edge of the volcano. :eek:

Worst - Lochinsh, Inverness-shire. It began well until we were mountain biking and we were going downhill. I accidently pulled the wrong brake and was flung forward off of the bike. I was cut/grazed everywhere including my face, apart from my knees. I have been scared to go on a bike every since. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hbk4894
so , what is wrong with being in Year 8?

I was very innocent and found everything enjoyable :L unlike now :smile: so my innocence may have affected my view on the whole trip :smile:
Unlike previous years, who'd visited Australia, America and others, we went to a youth park in Cornwall for a week. It was honestly Amazing, had a great time.
Worst: I went on a trip for my Earth Science class and ended up sitting right next to the heater in the van. It was pouring down rain the whole time and I was the only one who was blasted hot and sweating profusely. I ended up passing out in the van due to dehydration after feeling lethargic for hours. The rain made it terrible because we were supposed to get out and look at stuff but we couldn't, and they cranked up the heating super high. So we just ended up on basically a road trip and only once got out of the damn van. Suffice to say I opted out of the next trip a few weeks after that one.

Best: Spent a week in Yosemite. Nuff said.
Worst trip: Walking around our local area for geography. It wasn't even a trip but the teacher claimed it was. How lame. -____-
My best was either Washington & New York or going to Krakow to see all the concentration camps (and a kick ass water park!)

The worst was probably the annual trip to Barry Island we went on. Not the nicest of places when it's pouring with rain (and being in Wales, rain was inevitable)
Reply 51
Best trip: outdoor pursuits week at the Nelson centre (Plas Newydd on Anglesey, sailing, canoeing and climbing) many many years ago!

Worst trip? probably tomorrow, going to look at a reservoir for environmental science with my access course
Reply 52
I dont have a best one, but the worst was definately a college trip to Berlin/Leipzig a few years ago. Nobody understood anything about the exchange rate/or the cheapest most effecient way to visit things. And then one of the girls claimed someone in the youth hostel tried to sexually abuse her and it turned into a whole big thing- and everyone had to give statements. And then the four other 17 year olds broke the rules by drinking under age- and got a lecture from the teacher but ended up not getting sent home. So I tried to distance myself from them and hang with the mature students- but as I was the only other 17 year old there I somehow got sucked into it. I just hate un-necessary drama and dishonesty
Reply 53
Original post by mczakk
Best trip: outdoor pursuits week at the Nelson centre (Plas Newydd on Anglesey, sailing, canoeing and climbing) many many years ago!

Worst trip? probably tomorrow, going to look at a reservoir for environmental science with my access course

so , how did it go?
Reply 54
Worst - Butterfly Sanctuary - yr 9
Best - Outdoor pursuits course - year 7/8/9/10
Reply 55
Original post by hbk4894
so , how did it go?

Awful, we were supposed to see how the clean water treatment process worked, but were not allowed to go into the water treatment plant because no new risk assessment had been done, the education centre at the reservoir was set up for primary school kids, even down to the junior sized chairs! Total waste of a day!
The best trips were proably the French exchange in year 11 (I did work experience at a town hall and literally got to make cakes for leaving parties/go swimming at a lake and to barbecues every day) and the trip to Poland in year 12, such a moving experience.

Worst...the geography trip to a country park in year 8 where it rained all day and the wind blew everyone's work away so we had to do it twice.
The best was in year 8 to the south of France for a week. We kayaked down a river then spent the night on a massive piece of tarpaulin (40 kids and about 8 teachers) under the stars
The worst was probably year 11 for our history coursework when we visited a castle to see which parts had been built in certain centuries. I was bored by about lunchtime.
Reply 58
Original post by pink pineapple
The best was in year 8 to the south of France for a week. We kayaked down a river then spent the night on a massive piece of tarpaulin (40 kids and about 8 teachers) under the stars
The worst was probably year 11 for our history coursework when we visited a castle to see which parts had been built in certain centuries. I was bored by about lunchtime.

sounds quite dull to be fair.
Original post by hbk4894
sounds quite dull to be fair.

it was, hence why I was bored so easily

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending