The Student Room Group

Modern Warfare 3 society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan_1
People still play COD? lol.

Nah, this thread is just for discussion about what it would be like if people did play it. Use your imagination and join in.
Reply 3021
Original post by AugustWestie
Nah, this thread is just for discussion about what it would be like if people did play it. Use your imagination and join in.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Reply 3022
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

The way your statement and his joke went down would suggest yours was way lower :smile:

Better luck next time :console:

Original post by AugustWestie

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3023
Original post by kuks
The way your statement and his joke went down would suggest yours was way lower :smile:

Better luck next time :console:

Not really, we're in a Call of Duty thread, therefore his 'joke' about my comment was going to be liked. Typical Call of Duty gamers, aren't very bright :rolleyes: although you did pay for a game which is exactly the same as the one before lol
Reply 3024
Not really, we're in a Call of Duty thread, therefore his 'joke' about my comment was going to be liked. Typical Call of Duty gamers, aren't very bright :rolleyes: although you did pay for a game which is exactly the same as the one before lol

People here are far from typical Call of Duty gamers. If we have fun playing the game, I don't see why we can't buy it? If you don't like the game stay away from it. It's that simple. There's no need to force your views on someone else because you have a different interest.

N'awww we've found a widdle Battlefield fan boy.
Original post by mau5
Yeah I'll get on tomorrow after the Barca game. Tried earlier but kept getting the servers down messages again.:emo:

Damn. I sometimes get that and I have no idea why. Usually I get back straight into a game after trying again right after the message. I'll assume this is on Sky Sports so I won't be watching but I try to get some practice before joining you and Sam so I don't get any BS deaths.

Original post by Sam Walters
Its alright, i had a constant spate of shouting **** off in an elevated pitch at my television. So i gave it a mis for the night.

Another night?

Sure! I'm sure the odd bullet has disappeared when using the MK14. Being a semi-automatic I can do without missing bullets due to lag or whatever. Sometimes it takes more than three bullets to kill someone and I'm not sure it's supposed to be that many given that in hardcore mode I think it's only one bullet from what I've read.
Reply 3027
Original post by original_username
N'awww we've found a widdle Battlefield fan boy.

I don't play Battlefield and never have. I just got sick of Call of Duty.
Reply 3028
I don't play Battlefield and never have. I just got sick of sucked at Call of Duty.

Fixed that for you
Reply 3029
Original post by kuks
Fixed that for you

lol no. I know you won't believe me but I was better than most at Call of Duty. As my K/d and W/l ratio will have showed you in every COD since number 4...
Reply 3030
lol no. I know you won't believe me but I was better than most at Call of Duty. As my K/d and W/l ratio will have showed you in every COD since number 4...

Yeah, we believe you :wink:
I swear the copy and paste criticism is only directed at COD. I used to play FIFA, PGA, Motorstorm 3 and Need For Speed and they're worse at it IMO.

It would be great if the story lines were based on current political issues, such as the Assad regime. But I have a feeling the developers won't touch that in case countries who are bum chums with Syria will ban it, and thus reduce sales. Or I could play as a soldier of 156 Provost Company (they're Para trained so the developers might feel they have 'appeal') and evacuate British citizens out of Lebanon and Israel in the game copying the war that took place between those two countries in 2006. Not sure if the fans would like that though, since it moves away from the obvious war topics (essentially WW2 and the Cold War).
Reply 3032
Original post by kuks
Fixed that for you

I didnt buy black ops only mw2. However i didnt play it much, didnt like it.

Gave mw3 a shot as it was a punt at 40 quid. Turns out i quite like it.

Does that make me a non-typical mw3 gamer other then im **** at the game?
Reply 3034
Original post by NDGAARONDI
I swear the copy and paste criticism is only directed at COD. I used to play FIFA, PGA, Motorstorm 3 and Need For Speed and they're worse at it IMO.

It would be great if the story lines were based on current political issues, such as the Assad regime. But I have a feeling the developers won't touch that in case countries who are bum chums with Syria will ban it, and thus reduce sales. Or I could play as a soldier of 156 Provost Company (they're Para trained so the developers might feel they have 'appeal') and evacuate British citizens out of Lebanon and Israel in the game copying the war that took place between those two countries in 2006. Not sure if the fans would like that though, since it moves away from the obvious war topics (essentially WW2 and the Cold War).

Just realised you might not of had your notifications on, but I had sent you a message saying my headset died and I was shooting off after the fallen game which is why I disappeared. :tongue:

Good games though, first time in a while I've not raged quit a TDM. :colone:
Reply 3035
although you did pay for a game which is exactly the same as the one before lol

This pretty much applies to the vast majority FPS sequels out there.

The only reason why people, such as yourself, complain about it nowadays is because of the massive amounts of media and market saturation and parroting that this allows for, compared to the relatively lesser amount of discussion and popularity that FPS games had 10-15 years ago.

Anyone with any experience of FPS games could tell you that sequels tend to be iterative, rather than innovative; so changes, fixes and such are usually subtle between releases. But when the media tells you that it's the exact same game, people turn in to parrots and repeat it again and again as if it is gospel.

Welcome to the world of video games.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3036
Original post by Tabris
This pretty much applies to the vast majority FPS sequels out there.

The only reason why people, such as yourself, complain about it nowadays is because of the massive amounts of media and market saturation and parroting that this allows for, compared to the relatively lesser amount of discussion and popularity that FPS games had 10-15 years ago.

Anyone with any experience of FPS games could tell you that sequels tend to be iterative, rather than innovative; so changes, fixes and such are usually subtle between releases. But when the media tells you that it's the exact same game, people turn in to parrots and repeat it again and again as if it is gospel.

Welcome to the world of video games.

Just no. I don't know if you realised this but Modern Warfare 2 felt like a completely different game to Call of Duty 4. Black Ops was felt like a completely different game to WAW.

MW3 on the other hand is just a carbon copy of MW2 and you know it. Pretty sure no one complained about the other Call of duties being too similar till this game?

Plus what the hell are you talking about? The media tells you that it's a whole new game if anything, I think someone's been living under a rock :rolleyes:
Reply 3037
Original post by NDGAARONDI

I agree that Need for Speed got worse and worse, couldn't talk about Motorstorm... but you can't bring up Sport related games and expect them to change dramatically, that's just stupid.
I agree that Need for Speed got worse and worse, couldn't talk about Motorstorm... but you can't bring up Sport related games and expect them to change dramatically, that's just stupid.

What £40 for squad changes? It's more to do with how short the shelf life for online multiplayer makes it worse than COD's copy and paste releases. Even after one year you're done over by excessive lag with FIFA. Also, a lot of courses in PGA become DLC in future releases, such as CC Firestone. But with FIFA it depends what you mean by dramatic changes. The older FIFAs never recognised bodychecks as being fouls. Now they do but they don't award a yellow card for it. Plus it's only until FIFA 11 (I think) that rage quitters get penalised and the winning player now does not lose his/her match winnings. And I swear FIFA uses poor quality dye or discs because I've known a lot of people to have their copy scratched more but all other titles, including some that are played much more, are fine to run and are more or less scratch free.

Motorstorm 3 just copied another racing game by having destructible environments that can happen remotely. Unfortunately, they didn't work on the quality of the sound so it was rather uninspiring.

Edit: Oh yeah, PGA made TPC Sawgrass a course only available by DLC in one version I had. All the courses get rotated round in being DLC or in-game so if you enjoy a course like TPC Sawgrass and play online, then you have to buy it if it's not in game, or play it against a friend locally. That's pretty much copy and paste in its easiest form.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by mau5
Just realised you might not of had your notifications on, but I had sent you a message saying my headset died and I was shooting off after the fallen game which is why I disappeared. :tongue:

Good games though, first time in a while I've not raged quit a TDM. :colone:

Yeah I forgot to change that too. I figured your mic was gone when I said I wasn't going to steal any of your packages from the Osprey but I took one as an enemy was about to hijack a crate.

Quick Reply

Latest