The Student Room Group

Size 8 jeans with size 6 waist

So, I'm a size 6 on top and 8 on bottom, and I'm going shopping for some much-needed jeans at the weekend.
Every single pair of jeans I own are too big at the waist. :frown:

Belting them in annoys me, as there ends up being a lot of bunched up material at the waist, which, if I wear a reasonably tight top, looks like I have a roll of fat.
I once got a pair of jeans that fitted perfectly. :smile:
And then they wore out.
Should have bought two pairs.:sigh:

So, where can I find jeans that'll fit, TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Try Topshop, I wear the Baxter jeans.
I have 26" waist and 37"+ hips and they fit me.
I've given up wearing jeans for the same reason. I have a 24 inch waist but quite a big bum and all jeans look ridiculous on me. I have a pair of size 10 primark black skinnies that aren't too bad, as they sit more on the hips than the waist.

I feel your pain though, there aren't a lot of clothes cut to suit an hourglass type shape, it sucks
Reply 3
Buy jeans without a waist, then you won't have a problem.
Reply 4
Original post by Popppppy
Try Topshop, I wear the Baxter jeans.
I have 26" waist and 37"+ hips and they fit me.

I'll try those. Pos rep if they fit. :smile:

Original post by littlechinagirl
I've given up wearing jeans for the same reason. I have a 24 inch waist but quite a big bum and all jeans look ridiculous on me. I have a pair of size 10 primark black skinnies that aren't too bad, as they sit more on the hips than the waist.

I feel your pain though, there aren't a lot of clothes cut to suit an hourglass type shape, it sucks

I shall never give up on jeans. I love jeans.
And I'm not an hourglass- I'm a pear. :sigh:
Original post by Piko_Piko
I'll try those. Pos rep if they fit. :smile:

Don't post the sigh smiley! I read an article yesterday about how pear shaped people live longest :smile:

Do post back if you discover some miracle jeans!
Reply 6
Man i wish i could pose a thread saying i was a size 6/8......i haven't been able to say that since i was about 14..
Reply 7
Ugh, I have this exact same problem! Fit perfectly everywhere except the waistband. Not really got any solutions, I suppose you will just have to try on many a pair of jeans and try and find one that happens to fit.
So, I'm a size 6 on top and 8 on bottom, and I'm going shopping for some much-needed jeans at the weekend.
Every single pair of jeans I own are too big at the waist. :frown:

Belting them in annoys me, as there ends up being a lot of bunched up material at the waist, which, if I wear a reasonably tight top, looks like I have a roll of fat.
I once got a pair of jeans that fitted perfectly. :smile:
And then they wore out.
Should have bought two pairs.:sigh:

So, where can I find jeans that'll fit, TSR?

I'm a size 6 on top with a 24 inch waist and an 8/10 in jeans. I love Topshop's skinny Baxter jeans, which fit me really well, and usually get W28, L30, although you might need W26. :smile:
Reply 9
i have a really similar shape (small waist and bigger hips) and i found these jeans in size 8 are amazinggg and last for ages (and good price too :biggrin: ) http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/jeans/32in-dark-wash-skinny-jeans_220518141
I didn't do this on my best jeans but I've had a couple that I've adjusted. For the size of my thighs and bum, my waist isn't that big. So I got jeans that fitted my bum and thighs then along the waist band I cut out V shapes. I then sewed the two bits of the v together and bobs-your-uncle, jeans that fit my bum and thighs perfectly and also my waist without having to wear a belt. I'm not the best sewer in the world so it does look a bit scruffy but if you're wearing a long top it doesn't show.

I'm a pear and I have the same problem.
I've found the only solution is to buy low-rise jeans as you have said.
OP, have you tried TK Maxx?
Lots of brands under one roof, much cheaper than going into say, a Levis store, and you're more likely to find a brand and cut that suits your shape than going into a high street shop and trying on stuff from the smaller collections.
Be glad you don't also have to worry about the leg length not being long enough. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
have you tried Gap, they have GREAT jeans, i love them... this isn't usually a problem for me because i get jeans that are low rise and sit on my hips, so waist doesn't matter, otherwise it'd be a pain.. because i have a 26 waist and 36 hips... but i love my gap jeans ssoosososososos much... though it's better if you can get them in the sales!
belt or wear leggings.
i gave up on jeans a long time ago

Hey hey, Beyonce is pear shaped! Us pears rock!
I used to have a very similar problem, my thighs and hips would only fit a size 12 but they wouldn't stay up on my waist and I would get a 10 in skirts. I can't remember where exactly I got them but I found some jeans with added lycra to make them stretchy and got the 10s that stretched over my thighs and hips. They were the best fitting pair of jeans I ever owned!
Might have been ASDA, as I shopped there a lot when I was that age/size, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, it might be worth looking in to.

Clothes tend to be designed on an hourglass mannequin with the 34-24-34 kind of ratio.

But that's like the 'perfect' set of measurements, I guess you can be even more of an hour glass than that!
My shape is weird, small waist, almost non-existent hips..but I've got bum and thighs, it's so hard to get jeans that fit perfectly :frown:
I've always had a big problem with jeans- I remember going into several shops once and not being able to fit into a single pair despite being slightly underweight at the time (just under 9 stone and 5ft 8) - either I couldn't pull them up or couldn't button them up. Now I wear a size 12 with a belt as size 10 don't fit.
Reply 19
I had this problem too, I have Baxter skinnies from topshop waist 28 and they fit fairly well (I like em fairly tight :wink:) but my fave jeans come from h&m as they do waist 27. And being 5 foot 8 they fit perfectly in length too. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending