The Student Room Group

Apple iPod nano 1st gen recall!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simoncino

Still waiting for mine, despite applying the first day the scheme started. Not happy at all with the delay :frown:

my one said 7th december. got mine today.

your one should be coming soon. :smile:
Original post by ?!master?!mini?!
my one said 7th december. got mine today.

your one should be coming soon. :smile:

you're not gonna believe it but it literally got here 3 minutes ago :biggrin:
you're not gonna believe it but it literally got here 3 minutes ago :biggrin:

haha :P see i told you :biggrin:

How is it? Personally I don't like the touch aspect on such a tiny screen. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

How is it? Personally I don't like the touch aspect on such a tiny screen. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Just curious but which one did they give you as a replacement? I'm sending mine off today. :tongue:
Original post by Strüberry
Just curious but which one did they give you as a replacement? I'm sending mine off today. :tongue:

one of these:

But in Silver

lol, if I'm honest, i already have an iPhone! :biggrin:

I think thisll be useful though cos I'm running out of space for music on my iPhone.

It is very odd to use at first, but I'm sure we will both become naturals :cool:
one of these:

But in Silver

Thanks. :h:
lol, if I'm honest, i already have an iPhone! :biggrin:

I think thisll be useful though cos I'm running out of space for music on my iPhone.

It is very odd to use at first, but I'm sure we will both become naturals :cool:

I have the original desire which hasn't got that much storage. 150mb ffs. I don't know what the designers were thinking.

I would rather have a 5th gen nano as I prefer the clickwheel! I have a 4th gen nano also so that should compensate for the click wheel. the ability of changing, pausing and playing music in my pocket is gone now though. :frown:

Knowing apple products the learning curve isn't that steep so we'll be pros in no time :tongue:
Original post by Strüberry
Thanks. :h:

:cool:
Reply 69
Mine came this morning!!
Original post by Annie72
Mine came this morning!!

Woop :smile: I've found the battery goes quite quick, but then again I was on the radio app the whole time.
Reply 71
Original post by insignificant
Woop :smile: I've found the battery goes quite quick, but then again I was on the radio app the whole time.

I havent used mine yet.I am planning on selling it TBH, I dont need an ipod as I have an iPhone already.
Original post by Annie72
I havent used mine yet.I am planning on selling it TBH, I dont need an ipod as I have an iPhone already.

Me too, except I've given mine to my mum. Gold star for me haha.
Reply 73
Original post by insignificant
Me too, except I've given mine to my mum. Gold star for me haha.

Aww what a lovely daughter you are :biggrin:.My mum wouldnt have a clue how to use it mind.
Reply 74
Does anyone have any idea how to contact them? I posted mine back on 23 November and it still says "empty box shipped". Has anyone else experienced this? I am worried that it has got lost in the post.
I signed up for this and I've had the packaging for a couple of days now unsure whether I should actually do this. After seeing that's it's not some scam (you can never be too sure, even if it is a crappy old ipod :L) I'm so doing this! My 1st gen ipod has served me well for the last 6 years :smile:
Reply 76
i have just tried my serial number and they are sending me a box (:
however, when i bought it at the age of 13 i stuck a pink diamante cover on it. i have removed enough to read the serial number but do i need to actually get it all off?
Reply 77
Has anyone sent one back with illegally downloaded music on it?

When I first had mine when I was like 13, I have to admit that I did download some songs illegally.

I tried to get them off but couldn't as I don't have the computer I used to sort the nano out.
Reply 78
So has everyone received a iPod nano (touch version) ?
Reply 79
Original post by LosMutos
So has everyone received a iPod nano (touch version) ?

I have , yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending