The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SeaJay
Hey, my docs allow me to make an appointment whenever I ring (unless I want one on the day, then that's before 9am) - can you just make one for a few days time?

Fluoxetine has made me feel less zombied than before I started taking it........ Might level you out a bit. I was on a 1-2 out of 10 before moodwise and felt like I was balanced on a knife edge of panic, now I've levelled out at about a 4 ish (well, in the last few days at least) and feel like I'm on a wider base. Might be worth a shot... :hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried calling them up after 12 and explaining that you can't get up early? I was reading a doctor's surgery report once about how they're meant to make reasonable adjustments to people, including people who can't get up early for legitimate reasons.

Not all meds zombie you out.

Absolutely no lee way in when I can ring, I've tried before to get an appointment after 9am and they just tell you to ring back tomorrow. No way for them to budge :frown:

I know not all meds zombie you out but the ones they seem to like putting me on do and with two cheerleading competitions coming (one next Sunday and one the Saturday after) meaning that I'm training four times a week alongside the competing I can not afford to be anything other than right on the ball. Especially as I see to be the only person in our god damn stunt group who seems to know what's going on. After these comps are done I'll be happy to go on anything they prescribe, but I don't know what to do for these two weeks. Oh god. :cry:
Original post by Anonymous
I have no idea, I'm still in bed. Don't think I could be any less productive right now.

Me neither, got dressed about 3pm, just started reading notes for the hard module for a few mins while lunch was cook. So mad at myself for wasting so much of the day, just didn't want to get out of bed. Doubt I'm going to achieve much today. :sigh:
Original post by SciFiBoy

they know am depressed but not really sure what they can do to help me atm

Do have any assignments coming up soon?
Original post by imbuzzinme

I can't sleep so thought I'd reply:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks for all the replies.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Absolutely no lee way in when I can ring, I've tried before to get an appointment after 9am and they just tell you to ring back tomorrow. No way for them to budge :frown:

I know not all meds zombie you out but the ones they seem to like putting me on do and with two cheerleading competitions coming (one next Sunday and one the Saturday after) meaning that I'm training four times a week alongside the competing I can not afford to be anything other than right on the ball. Especially as I see to be the only person in our god damn stunt group who seems to know what's going on. After these comps are done I'll be happy to go on anything they prescribe, but I don't know what to do for these two weeks. Oh god. :cry:

Hmmm...set 2 alarms on the opposite side of the room, get up, call, go back to sleep.

Alternatively, stay up all night, call as soon as they open then go to sleep after?

I can't really think of any other way round it. Maybe ask a friend who wakes up early to call for you? I would offer but I'm going to be at the doctors myself first thing monday morning.
Reply 1984
Hey guys... Hope your all ok... Im not having a such a great day today. Feeling really anxious....dunno why Im telling you all this... just makes me feel like Im not so alone. sozz
Reply 1985
The first two nights on my tablets I didn't sleep at all, but felt perfectly awake all day. Now I'm sleeping twelve hours straight without any problems and feeling sleepy all day. I don't understand ><
Original post by warp2125
Hey guys... Hope your all ok... Im not having a such a great day today. Feeling really anxious....dunno why Im telling you all this... just makes me feel like Im not so alone. sozz

Any reason for feeling anxious? :console:
Original post by rmhumphries
Going to deal with replies later. So sorry anyone who quoted me and I haven't replied.

[sarcasm]So, appointment with Dr Adams went well[/sarcasm].

Spoiler

I almost broke down in tears in front of him, but managed not to. I really don't want to see him again now, but there are no other psych's I can see! :biggrin:

****ing hell Rob.

:Jumphugs:

No ****ing way are we not talking in real time, 'Dr' Adams can shove that idea firmly where the sun doesn't shine.
Reply 1988
Yea, but its a long winded story....the short version is that I started suffering from anxiety/panic attacks last easter. Have been able to keep most things in check.... but when it came to going on a uni trip to brussels I freaked out and couldnt face up to going... I really wanted to but couldnt... now all my class mates are all happy and chatty about the fun they had.

I guess I just feel left out... sounds stupid i know.
Original post by Alofleicester

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hi! :hello:
Is there something that's making you feel anxious, or is it just a general feeling?

Original post by Lizia
The first two nights on my tablets I didn't sleep at all, but felt perfectly awake all day. Now I'm sleeping twelve hours straight without any problems and feeling sleepy all day. I don't understand &gt;&lt;

Must be a pain, hopefully it'll settle down in time.
Yea, but its a long winded story....the short version is that I started suffering from anxiety/panic attacks last easter. Have been able to keep most things in check.... but when it came to going on a uni trip to brussels I freaked out and couldnt face up to going... I really wanted to but couldnt... now all my class mates are all happy and chatty about the fun they had.

Hmm, I know that feeling, I've missed out on so many things I wanted to do because of anxiety. Have you thought about seeing a doctor and maybe try to get referred to counseling? They might be able to help you discover the reasons behind your anxiety and panic attacks.
Reply 1992
Original post by laut_biru
x

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

|
|
|
V

:jumphug:
Reply 1993
Too be fair I don't see why everyone is hating on this Dr Adams for? Just because a doctor tells you things you don't believe to be true or want to hear doesn't mean they are wrong or should be insulted in this thread. I can't say but maybe it is that you have low self-worth and not depression, they can have very similar symptoms and frankly is anyone else in this thread actually qualified to judge? Maybe he doesn't feel drugs are appropriate for you or that you have tried the one's he thinks would suit you. if you do have low self-worth then what is wrong with an appointment with a clinical psychologist?

Met this thread ****s me off sometimes, I am in a bad mood, yes.
Reply 1994

:console:

Spoiler

Reply 1995
Original post by Sabertooth
Hmm, I know that feeling, I've missed out on so many things I wanted to do because of anxiety. Have you thought about seeing a doctor and maybe try to get referred to counseling? They might be able to help you discover the reasons behind your anxiety and panic attacks.

Yea I have seen the doctor and had the councilor. It comes back to repressed problems from early school days. Because it has been repressed it has to come out... its just it happens at the worst times.
Reply 1996
Original post by Idle

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1997
Original post by rmhumphries
He did also swear at one point! :eek:

:eek4:

What an unprofessional dick!

Original post by Anonymous
Me neither, got dressed about 3pm, just started reading notes for the hard module for a few mins while lunch was cook. So mad at myself for wasting so much of the day, just didn't want to get out of bed. Doubt I'm going to achieve much today. :sigh:

Sorry to hear. But the day is not over and there is always tomorrow. Don't put yourself down, you've been fantastic. :hugs:

Got up at 12 through force and put some jogging bottoms and a hoodie on over my pyjamas and walked the 10 steps to the corner shop for the anniversary card. Did some work (it was just copying out notes so hardly work but still) and felt quite good for a while. I just sat in my room waiting for it to pass, like I'm worried about feeling better or even don't want to be because I have this idea that if I feel better, people will think i made it all up.
Not to worry, Im starting to feel low again I think. Tbh, not sure how I feel.
Reply 1999
Original post by superwolf
I wish my sister would go to bed so I can cry in peace. :cry2:

Latest