The Student Room Group

A-level Insight days 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tazza ma razza
You going HSBC? Nandos afterwards would be a shout - allow a rammed commute at 5 back to Euston when it is bare hot outside aha bun that loool

invite your boy, could do with an evening outside the office
Original post by gr8wizard10
invite your boy, could do with an evening outside the office

Awesome mate, sounds good! I'll PM you later today - at a BBQ with the fam atm :smile:
Reply 402
What is everyone expecting from HSBC tomorrow?
Original post by flairs
What is everyone expecting from HSBC tomorrow?

Personally, a good networking session with someone from HSBC GAM or HSBC ER.

And the obligatory naff breakfast and lunch lol Morgan Stanley took us out to a mexican restaurant last year, it was a madting lol
What are the upcoming insights etc that people are applying to soon?

I'm so ****ed I have no chance but oh well right?

I'm such a BTEC candidate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Don Joiner
What are the upcoming insights etc that people are applying to soon?

I'm so ****ed I have no chance but oh well right?

I'm such a BTEC candidate

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pls stop, just apply when it opens and suck it up alright? If you want me to look at your app in advance I would cool to but you have A LOT of time. Most of the applications open up in March, with Nomura and BAML being earlier.

Not sure if you're just trolling, but if you aren't offer is still there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Pls stop, just apply when it opens and suck it up alright? If you want me to look at your app in advance I would cool to but you have A LOT of time. Most of the applications open up in March, with Nomura and BAML being earlier.

Not sure if you're just trolling, but if you aren't offer is still there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay great, I looked at everyone talking about Credit Suisse etc and felt really behind, what's the earliest insight opening?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay great, I looked at everyone talking about Credit Suisse etc and felt really behind, what's the earliest insight opening?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably this fall

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably this fall

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y'all American or something? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably this fall

Posted from TSR Mobile

But thanks, Broseph Stalin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Y'all American or something? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

American international school, yeah

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey hey i was there too- what table were u on? i think i was on table 4 or 5
Have any girls heard back from the HSBC Aspiring Female Potential Programme? I thought the dates were August 10-12th so I am surprised to have not heard anything yet :frown:xx
How are people talking about insight days in CVs without saying the same **** over and over again
Original post by atomicweasel
How are people talking about insight days in CVs without saying the same **** over and over again

List them all under 'insight days' then list a few unique 'highlights'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some more questions. When applying can you mention stuff that you haven't done yet but will definitely be doing? Asking because I'm doing work experience in Germany in June 2017 and in July I'll be doing the same in France. Also I'll definetly volunteer abroad at some point, next summer if I have time or if not the summer after or perhaps both, I assume that volunteering abroad will look pretty impressive, yes? Also are there any books that you recommend that I can mention when applying? Also the insight days are called 'A Level insight days', will Scottish qualifications be accepted?
Original post by ___Sophie___
Some more questions. When applying can you mention stuff that you haven't done yet but will definitely be doing? Asking because I'm doing work experience in Germany in June 2017 and in July I'll be doing the same in France. Also I'll definetly volunteer abroad at some point, next summer if I have time or if not the summer after or perhaps both, I assume that volunteering abroad will look pretty impressive, yes? Also are there any books that you recommend that I can mention when applying? Also the insight days are called 'A Level insight days', will Scottish qualifications be accepted?

I would err on the side of leaving it off, but you could explain that you were accepted on to the programme for instance?

This isn't a uni app ahah, you don't need to mention books...

Yes, scotquals are fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would err on the side of leaving it off, but you could explain that you were accepted on to the programme for instance?

This isn't a uni app ahah, you don't need to mention books...

Yes, scotquals are fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm don't know, the work experience in Germany is organised with my school and the work experience in France is organised with a company, anyone who applies is accepted... I'd also do the volunteering abroad with a company so again anyone who applies is accepted. I don't know if I should mention them, wouldn't it increase my chances quite a bit especially the volunteering abroad? I'm only just about to start S5 so when I'm in S6 I can definetly mention them as I will have done them...
Original post by ___Sophie___
Hmm don't know, the work experience in Germany is organised with my school and the work experience in France is organised with a company, anyone who applies is accepted... I'd also do the volunteering abroad with a company so again anyone who applies is accepted. I don't know if I should mention them, wouldn't it increase my chances quite a bit especially the volunteering abroad? I'm only just about to start S5 so when I'm in S6 I can definetly mention them as I will have done them...

OOOH you're only going into S5.. You don't have much to worry about then.

I mean Nomura and BAML take on S5s but the bulk of the insight days you'll apply to when you're in sixth year so chill on applying for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
OOOH you're only going into S5.. You don't have much to worry about then.

I mean Nomura and BAML take on S5s but the bulk of the insight days you'll apply to when you're in sixth year so chill on applying for now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I guess you are right, I have been worrying quite a bit... i'll focus this year on improving my extracurriculars which will help me when applying in S6. Do you think theres any point in applying to the ones that accept S5's this year or should I just wait? If I was to apply this year and not get in, I could still apply next year, couldn't I?

Quick Reply

Latest