The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by slaven
The perpetrator is a muslim. Case closed.

Case closed? I'm glad you're not a judge. Care to provide evidence for the emboldened bit, and the relevance thereof to the mass-shooting?

The left can try to link this to Breivik as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy is a child of immigrants.

The right can try to link this to Islam/immigration as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy was bullied as a child, may have developed murderous tendencies from a young age, was obsessed with mass-shootings and was inspired by Breivik.
Original post by The_Opinion
It is completely obvious, what exactly do you want me to elaborate on?

People don't magically become the same just because they were born in the same place, people learn form their parents, and their parents have the culture / values of their homeland.

You would have to be borderline crazy to think that if in the future you were to move and live with an African tribe and had a child whilst living among them, that your child would be just the same, thinking and acting as one with their children.

That wasn't my experience nor that of most of my friends. In fact, i'd say my way of thinking is certainly more liberal than a lot of my English friends. Then again I don't hold religious convictions so it might be different for others.
Reply 342
Original post by CatusStarbright
They do seek refuge in neighbouring countries. If you look at the statistics, of all the migrants entering Europe, not all that many end up here in Britain.

I am not just talking about Britain, all of the Western European countries.
Original post by slaven
The perpetrator is a muslim. Case closed.

The left can try to link this to Breivik as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy is a child of immigrants.

And so what if he was a Muslim and a child of immigrants? It's become quite clear that this was not a terrorist attack
People have found his steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987833533
Original post by TercioOfParma
People have found his steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987833533

I've got to admit, some of these comments are pretty funny.
In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.

Police have announced that an earlier statement by the Bavarian Minister of the Interior claiming Breivik's manifesto had been found in the perpetrator's room is wrong. He didn't have any links to Breivik beyond the fact that Breivik's massacre was one of many he studied.
Original post by oShahpo
That wasn't my experience nor that of most of my friends. In fact, i'd say my way of thinking is certainly more liberal than a lot of my English friends. Then again I don't hold religious convictions so it might be different for others.

Anecdote is anecdotal.

Also, who are you to say if you think the same, i am sure that if i was to ask a series of questions to all natives, work out an average of their answers and then ask you, there would be clear differences. Liberal or illiberal thoughts are irrelevant to my point.
(edited 7 years ago)
dupe
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
I had this argument with about two posters above. You're implying that the ban of guns in Germany did not stop the atrocity, as if this means that we should abolish the idea of banning guns or that the US should not consider banning them, while the truth is that this problem may not even have anything to do with internal gun control, rather immigration and foreign policy.

Btw I am not arguing whether or not the terrorist is Muslim, he most likely is anyway, I am arguing about the gun control point.

Anyway Kudos to you for recognising that politicising tragedies is a "heinous" act, I respect that, unlike others you didn't justify it by saying "Obama does it".

No implication re guns was made, at least not consciously. The issue hadn't crossed my mind tbh.

I was merely stating that politics and murder sprees are usually, if not inextricably linked. Thus, I don't see discussion of possible political motives as dancing on graves..
Reply 350
Original post by blah3210
Case closed? I'm glad you're not a judge. Care to provide evidence for the emboldened bit, and the relevance thereof to the mass-shooting?

The right can try to link this to Islam/immigration as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy was bullied as a child, may have developed murderous tendencies from a young age, was obsessed with mass-shootings and was inspired by Breivik.

Yes, he was bullied by Sunnis (the victims were Turks and Kosovo Albanians). It is probably that this bulling than mixed with his Shia hatred. As a result we now have the classical sunni-shia circlejerk transcedented to Europe.

There is no much philosophy. The puzzles fits.

Yesterday, a Syrian rapefugee bombed a train station in Germany, another one stabbed a pregnant woman.Together with this shooting it is three incident in two and a half days. How will you justify this?

Could you tell me your source? I have found nothing that says he was a Muslim. In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.
Yes, of course. He was heard shouting Allah Akbar. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692434/Munich-shooting-gunman-allahu-akbar-shot-childrenAlso, the last sentence is a strawman by the left-wing press. He was inspired by mass killers not by Breiviks ideology.
Original post by oShahpo
A bit facile, don't you think?Also, what's wrong with being a child of immigrants?
Because praxis showed that child of immigrants ussually do not get the proper education at home when it comes to culture. Their parents raise them not according to the culture of the host country, but that of their native country. So, as a result the child even if it born here is behaving like they are not, also becoming not integratred,
Original post by BasicMistake
And if a shooter was ever the child of two white people then they are automatically neo-Nazis/white supremacists.In other words, f*ck off.
No, because Germans are indigenous to Germany. And it is their framework under which Muslims must proove whether they are integrated or not.Also, tell your mummy I say hello to her, you offended sissy cuck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by slaven
Yes, he was bullied by Sunnis (the victims were Turks and Kosovo Albanians).

So it wasn't about ideology. Thanks for confirming.

As a result we now have the classical sunni-shia circlejerk transcedented to Europe.

I don't think you understand what circlejerk means.

Yesterday, a Syrian rapefugee bombed a train station in Germany, another one stabbed a pregnant woman.Together with this shooting it is three incident in two and a half days. How will you justify this?

Some are to be expected. The stabbing of the women was murder, not terrorism. Most refugees are fine, even enthusiastic to be in Germany to learn their language and lifestyle.
Reply 352
Original post by blah3210
So it wasn't about ideology. Thanks for confirming.I don't think you understand what circlejerk means.Some are to be expected. The stabbing of the women was murder, not terrorism. Most refugees are fine, even enthusiastic to be in Germany to learn their language and lifestyle.
Yes, he shouted Allah Akbar. The stabbing of the woman was because of Islam as for the offender the pregnant woman was not a muslim and unmarried.The bolded is a good one.
Reply 353
What on earth has Germany done to deserve this...
Original post by slaven
Yes, of course. He was heard shouting Allah Akbar. http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692434/Munich-shooting-gunman-allahu-akbar-shot-childrenAlso, the last sentence is a strawman by the left-wing press.

Yeah, that 'Loretta' is the only witness out of hundreds who claim to have heard him shouting that. No one else in this crowded place heard it, and it's only CNN who cited her suspiciously soon, with the statement then being regurgitated all over a couple of*rubbish UK media outlets with strong right leanings (Sun, Daily Mail, Express) reporting it.*

At the same time CNN cited an 'expert' saying there is a strong likelihood the incident is linked to ISIS (it wasn't), reported several shootings (there weren't) etc.

So in short - complete nonsense. No one heard him shouting anything Islamist except that one dodgy witness.
Reply 355
Original post by Sir Fox
Yeah, that 'Loretta' is the only witness out of hundreds who claim to have heard him shouting that. No one else in this crowded place heard it, and it's only CNN who cited her suspiciously soon, with the statement then being regurgitated all over a couple of*rubbish UK media outlets with strong right leanings (Sun, Daily Mail, Express) reporting it.*

At the same time CNN cited an 'expert' saying there is a strong likelihood the incident is linked to ISIS (it wasn't), reported several shootings (there weren't) etc.

So in short - complete nonsense. No one heard him shouting anything Islamist except that one dodgy witness.

You really do not have to be linked to ISIS to be an Islamist. reading the Quran is more than enough.
Original post by slaven
You really do not have to be linked to ISIS to be an Islamist. reading the Quran is more than enough.

Oh, alright. I've read the Quran, so I guess I'm an islamist now. And I always thought I'm an atheist ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending